Primeval Whirl - control the spin?

We ride it lots. All 3 kids love it. It's locked in a forward facing direction for the beginning of the ride. Then you can feel the brake release and you are free to spin. But at no point in the ride can you really control it.

Rode with DS6 and loved it. Enough to ride twice in a row. We were the only ones in the car.

DD10 wanted to try later on once it was busy and so two people were in with us. It was awful. Wrenched us around in not at all enjoyable ways. Never again unless it is early enough to be solo together with just 1 kid in it.

Personally, I love the ride, and I'm a person who doesn't do well with the teacups. It does spin for a portion of the ride but I didn't think it was that bad, and it's just a fun ride. Let us know what you think if you decide to try!

Because I have been on the sa.e ride under a different name plus all you have to do is like at a video and you will see there is more spinning than just the very end....

If you don't wish to ride PW, that is fine. I wouldn't try to convince any stranger to ride it.

That said, I've been on the ride many times, over many years.

When the ride was newer, it had more spin that it does now. I don't recall the exact date of the change, but it was fairly recent.

Same thing if you have been on other versions of the ride. I too have been on different versions of this ride. In a general sense, you are correct that they are all similar, and when you say you didn't like it, I believe you.

That said, if you haven't recently been on the AK version, perhaps your information isn't 100% accurate.

For us, we often ride PW, because the wait is short, but it isn't a must for us.

A nice plus of PW is that folks can see the entire ride before they ride it. As I said, the line is often short, so there's no need to FP it, or even to make a rock solid decision before seeing it in person, unless a family child isn't tall enough to ride. Can't do much about height.

Oh, one thing I will add is that the ride isn't very SMOOTH, riders get bumped around a bit. In that sense it is very much like other versions of the ride.

Its not the spin that gets me, its that sudden LEFT no RIGHT hand Turn... ouch.. can't can't can't do this ride.. nope.. not me.. Kids like it though so i get to relax at a table while they ride..

You can't control the spinning. But it's not a lot of spinning. I get dizzy on the teacups but not PW.

That said, I don't really like it... just when you pick up speed on the track, you pass over some sort of regulator designed to slow you down. So I find it jerky and not as fast as I'd like.

If you don't wish to ride PW, that is fine. I wouldn't try to convince any stranger to ride it.

That said, I've been on the ride many times, over many years.

When the ride was newer, it had more spin that it does now. I don't recall the exact date of the change, but it was fairly recent.

Same thing if you have been on other versions of the ride. I too have been on different versions of this ride. In a general sense, you are correct that they are all similar, and when you say you didn't like it, I believe you.

That said, if you haven't recently been on the AK version, perhaps your information isn't 100% accurate.

For us, we often ride PW, because the wait is short, but it isn't a must for us.

A nice plus of PW is that folks can see the entire ride before they ride it. As I said, the line is often short, so there's no need to FP it, or even to make a rock solid decision before seeing it in person, unless a family child isn't tall enough to ride. Can't do much about height.

Oh, one thing I will add is that the ride isn't very SMOOTH, riders get bumped around a bit. In that sense it is very much like other versions of the ride.

The video I watched was from January 14th 2019. LOTS OF SPINNING.
but yes to each their own and if the OP would like to try it and see if they are ok with the amount of spinning then I'm not stopping them lol.
All I said was I wouldn't go on it.

Its not the spin that gets me, its that sudden LEFT no RIGHT hand Turn... ouch.. can't can't can't do this ride.. nope.. not me.. Kids like it though so i get to relax at a table while they ride..

Haha so true I had bruises after I did the one at DCA.

Yeah, waiting in the line for it is more entertaining than the ride itself. You can't control the spin but it's not bad

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter