Primeval Whirl - control the spin?

biochemgirl

DIS Veteran
I have yet to try this ride because I hate to spin. An acquaintance swore that you can control the spin - is this true? Maybe an update in recent years?

Admittedly I have never been on it but its no different than the Goofy's Sky School at DCA or any "crazy mouse" at fairs/amusement parks I've been to and you cannot control the spin on them.
Its not even worth going on in my opinion especially since its your run of the mill dinky amusement park ride.

I have yet to try this ride because I hate to spin. An acquaintance swore that you can control the spin - is this true? Maybe an update in recent years?

I'm not a fan of spinning anymore either; I can't do the teacups. BUT we watched this ride for a few minutes and I decided to try it. It only spins at the very end and it's not a continuous spinning like the teacups. I was fine. It was actually fun!

Take a look at it when you get there and decide then. You may surprise yourself.

My husband rode it a couple years ago. The ride stopped right before the end, but the cart continued to spin for about four minutes. He got off feeling awful and swore he would never ride it again.

I'm not a fan of spinning anymore either; I can't do the teacups. BUT we watched this ride for a few minutes and I decided to try it. It only spins at the very end and it's not a continuous spinning like the teacups. I was fine. It was actually fun!

Take a look at it when you get there and decide then. You may surprise yourself.

I'd say it spins for the SECOND HALF of the ride. Not just "the very end".

You can't control it. For comparison though I can't ride the teacups because of the spinning but I can ride primeval whirl. It's very jerky but it doesn't spin constantly.

The only way to “control” the spin is with weight load out. Depending on where the weight is as you hit turns, you will spin differently. Similar to how on Kali River (or any raft ride really), the weight distribution will alter how you hit the water.

The only way to “control” the spin is with weight load out. Depending on where the weight is as you hit turns, you will spin differently. Similar to how on Kali River (or any raft ride really), the weight distribution will alter how you hit the water.
Exactly. You can somewhat limit the spin by evenly distributing your groups weight across the seat. If I sit dead center with a kid (roughly the same size) on each side of me, we don’t spin much at all. Which is good cuz the teacups nearly make me hurl now!

I can't ride on the teacups and I skipped this ride for years. Last trip, I went on it and I was fine because is doesn't continuously spin.

Exactly. You can somewhat limit the spin by evenly distributing your groups weight across the seat. If I sit dead center with a kid (roughly the same size) on each side of me, we don’t spin much at all. Which is good cuz the teacups nearly make me hurl now!

Perhaps that's why we didn't spin until toward the end. We were the four adult size people in my profile pic over there.

Admittedly I have never been on it but its no different than the Goofy's Sky School at DCA or any "crazy mouse" at fairs/amusement parks I've been to and you cannot control the spin on them.
Its not even worth going on in my opinion especially since its your run of the mill dinky amusement park ride.

Sky school is indeed dinky ride, as was mulholland madness before it. (Also the only Disney ride that still exists that my then-husband could not ride. :sad1:)

But PW is actually quite fun. The ride vehicles are much bigger and more comfy, and the ride itself doesn’t make you think you’ll be catapulted off at any moment.

You should try it out!

I love dinosaur & wouldn’t try for years!

However; still not rode prime heave all
For the spinning element

dd1 says Everest and pw are not as scary as Dino:tiptoe:

Sky school is indeed dinky ride, as was mulholland madness before it. (Also the only Disney ride that still exists that my then-husband could not ride. :sad1:)

But PW is actually quite fun. The ride vehicles are much bigger and more comfy, and the ride itself doesn’t make you think you’ll be catapulted off at any moment.

You should try it out!

I've watched POV's of it and perhaps the theme is better and the ride vehicles are bigger but it is overall the exact same ride so I'll still pass on it lol but I appreciate your opinion. :)

I've watched POV's of it and perhaps the theme is better and the ride vehicles are bigger but it is overall the exact same ride so I'll still pass on it lol but I appreciate your opinion. :)

Curious. Do you also pass on Space Mountain? That, too, is the same track as a "crazy mouse."

Curious. Do you also pass on Space Mountain? That, too, is the same track as a "crazy mouse."
It is not the same track as crazy mouse. It is the same track as the wild cat.
I like wild cat coasters yes.
And there is no spinning....
And the ride vehicle is different...
And its taller....
And it's very immersive since its inside vs outside.

Last edited:
I have ridden Primeval Whirl once years ago. I swore never again--and that was BEFORE I was diagnosed with vertigo! The spinning is intense.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter