Priceline Express Deals

Couple of quick questions. Im looking at doing a quick trip in a couple of weeks and thinking of trying the priceline or hotwire options. How does booking a disney hotel through one of these sites differ from booking with disney directly. I have an AP and magic band already, will I need to do anything extra to get things like the extra magic hours or other on site perks? Im leaning towards doing one of the books where i know the hotel Im getting, but willing to try a blind deal if im pretty sure i can get the hotel I want. It seems that with a little research you can narrow things down quite a bit, do disney hotels show up as the blind deals often?

So booking a Disney property through PL is really no different than booking a room-only through Disney direct. It's regular room inventory that PL and HW can offer at wholesaler rates. So any EMH/perks that are associated with the hotel are yours just because you're staying there, they aren't tied to HOW you made the reservation.

will I need to do anything extra to get things like the extra magic hours or other on site perks?
You will just need to make sure to get your stay linked to MDE and then you’ll have full benefits like you booked through a Disney travel agent as a room only reservation - meaning you cannot add the dining plan and your payments go through Hotwire or Priceline (up front when booking usually). If you can see your stay booked on your MDE then you are good for EMH. You can order more magic bands if you like or use ones you have. You can sign up for MDE by calling or online.

Couple of quick questions. Im looking at doing a quick trip in a couple of weeks and thinking of trying the priceline or hotwire options. How does booking a disney hotel through one of these sites differ from booking with disney directly. I have an AP and magic band already, will I need to do anything extra to get things like the extra magic hours or other on site perks? Im leaning towards doing one of the books where i know the hotel Im getting, but willing to try a blind deal if im pretty sure i can get the hotel I want. It seems that with a little research you can narrow things down quite a bit, do disney hotels show up as the blind deals often?

You get a Disney confirmation number when you book. Just link it in MDE and it’s just like you booked it any other way with Disney. The discount code shows up and the hotel knows it was booked through a 3rd party vendor but everything else is the same. You can decline a band if you don’t need another one. I’m an AP too and I have more bands than I need already so I always decline.

Anyone have issues with Universal hotels on Hotwire? For a few weeks I have been looking at 11/26-11/29. I often see a $51 rate for a hotel with 20,000+ reviews (Cabana Bay), $51 for a hotel with 1398 reviews (Adventura) and $71 for a hotel with 4887 reviews (Sapphire Falls). When I click on the rate it says the deal is gone. This happens every day, multiple times a day. I get missing this deal once or twice but I have had this happen over 20 times with all three hotels. Are they just trying to get you to pick a different deal? What is the purpose? Any ideas?

Anyone with a code for PE - about to book 1 night, transparent. RMN doesn't work, need 2 nights.
TIA!

Edit: didn't mean PE but meant PL above

Last edited:
I'm getting close to my 60 day fast pass window so I booked a refundable rate at Hilton Bonnet Creek, hoping I can get a better deal as we get closer. If not, I'm ok with it. I'm traveling the 20th - the 26th at Disney so I'm thinking my chances of getting a deal are pretty slim. Has anyone ever traveled at this time? I went last year but just booked a straight rate at the Dolphin - didn't really bargain hunt at all.

I'm getting close to my 60 day fast pass window so I booked a refundable rate at Hilton Bonnet Creek, hoping I can get a better deal as we get closer. If not, I'm ok with it. I'm traveling the 20th - the 26th at Disney so I'm thinking my chances of getting a deal are pretty slim. Has anyone ever traveled at this time? I went last year but just booked a straight rate at the Dolphin - didn't really bargain hunt at all.

Aren't the FastPasses associated with your room reservation now, meaning if you book FP and then change your hotel your FP get canceled, even if you have a new room reservation?

No the FP+s are tied to your MDE account with ticket media once made.

The issue is that if you cancel your reservation between the 60 day start and the 30 day's before arrival window, your FP+s should go away if you don't make a replacement valid hotel reservation within 24-48 hours that qualifies for the 60 FP+ booking window.

Dave

My dates are a little different than yours Nov 22 to the 27th. About a month ago or more I got a hotwire hot deal for the Dolphin for 106 a night for the last 3 nights of my stay. I have an exclusive travel agent deal for POP the other 2 nights that I booked a long time ago - was around 100 a night also. So it is possible to get good deals for then, but you may have had to look sooner, but you should keep trying. If you use Tierney's search tool for priceline. I use it on a browser and find it really cuts down on the time you need to spend finding express deals for Disney Springs and Bonnet Creek (his tool only searches those 2 areas). All you do is get to his website, enter in your dates and hit enter. It will bring you to the priceline website and if you have Hotel Canary - you can use that to help you figure out the hotel. If you do a google search enter in: currach tierney and disney, and you'll find his website/search tool. For hotwire I use either the app or revealhotels dot com

Anyone have issues with Universal hotels on Hotwire? For a few weeks I have been looking at 11/26-11/29. I often see a $51 rate for a hotel with 20,000+ reviews (Cabana Bay), $51 for a hotel with 1398 reviews (Adventura) and $71 for a hotel with 4887 reviews (Sapphire Falls). When I click on the rate it says the deal is gone. This happens every day, multiple times a day. I get missing this deal once or twice but I have had this happen over 20 times with all three hotels. Are they just trying to get you to pick a different deal? What is the purpose? Any ideas?

Sorry I can't be of any help, but I'm shocked that you're even pulling Universal hotels on HW. I've never found any on PLE either, just Doubletree & Holiday Inn.

No the FP+s are tied to your MDE account with ticket media once made.

The issue is that if you cancel your reservation between the 60 day start and the 30 day's before arrival window, your FP+s should go away if you don't make a replacement valid hotel reservation within 24-48 hours that qualifies for the 60 FP+ booking window.

Dave

I'm not sure if the FP will stay intact, even if you cancel in the 30-day window. I've read a few threads about this on the TPAS board, and I think someone had hers cancelled when she changed at less than 30 days. I'm not sure. Most people on the Dis seem to be good about making new reservations that qualify for the 60-day window, so we don't have a lot of DP on the subject.

Sorry I can't be of any help, but I'm shocked that you're even pulling Universal hotels on HW. I've never found any on PLE either, just Doubletree & Holiday Inn.

I've seen all of the Universal Hotels on HW at some point, both as revealed and opaque bookings (exception being the newest budget hotel that just opened - I don't think I've seen Surfside yet). Other times, there's nothing. Just like with Disney, it's all about the time you're looking for and how close to the trip you search.

I've seen all of the Universal Hotels on HW at some point, both as revealed and opaque bookings (exception being the newest budget hotel that just opened - I don't think I've seen Surfside yet). Other times, there's nothing. Just like with Disney, it's all about the time you're looking for and how close to the trip you search.

I've never seen them as opaque on HW. I'll have to check more regularly. Thanks!

Saw a deal on Hotwire I really want to pull the trigger on, but afraid it's not the one i'm assuming it is lol. Even though picture matches, reviews match, better bidding says it is. For the HIlton Palace Buena Vista

Saw a deal on Hotwire I really want to pull the trigger on, but afraid it's not the one i'm assuming it is lol. Even though picture matches, reviews match, better bidding says it is. For the HIlton Palace Buena Vista

Well, if everything matches, what is the holdback? For the Palace, what are the other options Hotwire says it "might" be? Would you be okay if it turns out to be one of the other options?

For an opaque booking, you're never going to get 100% certainty. If everything matches, and you still can't pull the trigger, maybe opaque bookings aren't for you. I don't mean that at all negatively. It's just that different people have different levels of comfort where risk/reward is involved, and for some people the potential reward of a particular hotel at a lower price isn't worth the risk of being locked into another property, even if that risk is small. I've booked on Hotwire a couple of times, and although I was 99.9% sure I knew what I was getting, there was still that heart pounding moment when I waited for the "reveal" that confirmed my booking.

Well, if everything matches, what is the holdback? For the Palace, what are the other options Hotwire says it "might" be? Would you be okay if it turns out to be one of the other options?

For an opaque booking, you're never going to get 100% certainty. If everything matches, and you still can't pull the trigger, maybe opaque bookings aren't for you. I don't mean that at all negatively. It's just that different people have different levels of comfort where risk/reward is involved, and for some people the potential reward of a particular hotel at a lower price isn't worth the risk of being locked into another property, even if that risk is small. I've booked on Hotwire a couple of times, and although I was 99.9% sure I knew what I was getting, there was still that heart pounding moment when I waited for the "reveal" that confirmed my booking.

The other alternative is the Hyatt Regency. Which i'm pretty sure there's another listing that is that. While I wouldn't mind the hotel, not having the EEMH for it would suck.

The deal is just too good to pass up though. $82/night vs $140 if you booked through Hilton

Pulled the trigger, it was it. Yay lol

Last edited:
I'm not sure if the FP will stay intact, even if you cancel in the 30-day window. I've read a few threads about this on the TPAS board, and I think someone had hers cancelled when she changed at less than 30 days. I'm not sure. Most people on the Dis seem to be good about making new reservations that qualify for the 60-day window, so we don't have a lot of DP on the subject.
My understanding is if you booked another hotel that would qualify and link that hotel into MDE before canceling the other one then the FP+ is unaffected. If you cancel first then book that is when you run into the issues I believe. DO NOT quote me on this tho.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter