Priceline Express Deals

Question: does anyone know how modifying a refundable reservation works with priceline/hotwire?

I'm going to WDW in November for 6 nights. The first night is booked onsite, and the next 5 are at a DS hotel - fully refundable. However, I'm hoping to find a good deal on a WDW hotel for at least another night or two to extend my time onsite. I know I can easily cancel whole the Hotwire booking, but can I drop a night or two from the beginning of my stay without messing with the rates I have on the following nights? Do I go through Hotwire or the hotel? I chose pay at the hotel, so there's no refund to process.
My experience is that they cannot (will not?) modify a reservation. I used Hotwire for a room in Atlanta for a conference I was attending. I needed to leave a day early and wanted to modify the reservation. They said they needed to cancel and rebook, but the hotel was showing no openings. So I canceled and ended up staying at a different hotel.

Just booked Caribbean Beach through a Priceline Express Deal for $116/night, 9/15-9/18. I passed on it earlier, hoping for POFQ to pop up, but it never did and now I'm out of time. Looking forward to trying a new resort though! I was able to get 8% off through RetailMeNot, so be sure to check there before booking.

I attempted to move a refundable booking with hotels.com 2 years ago and they ended up reaching out to Disney Wholesale. Disney refused to move our reservation but maybe they'll be more lenient if you're just dropping a night. If the PL/HW agent doesn't offer to call Wholesale I would specifically ask them to call them. You might get luckier than I did.

Just booked Caribbean Beach through a Priceline Express Deal for $116/night, 9/15-9/18. I passed on it earlier, hoping for POFQ to pop up, but it never did and now I'm out of time. Looking forward to trying a new resort though! I was able to get 8% off through RetailMeNot, so be sure to check there before booking.
Would you mind sharing when it popped up? I've been looking for weeks for something the last week of September but there's nothing on PLE and HW only shows value rooms higher than rack rate. I found a great deal in LBV but it's non-refundable so I'm having trouble deciding whether to give up all hope for something onsite.

Kind of a random question, is the hotel more likely to assign you a bad room (in terms of location and view) since you booked at such a discounted price? Just curious, won't really care this trip as won't be in the room that much.
I haven't had a bad locations yet. I always call Disney and connect with their wholesale dept after I book and put in a room request.
All of my rooms have been close to the main buildings...here's what I booked so far this year on PLE:
I booked a 3* 4/8 - 4/12 and it was All Star Sports Resort for $77 a night for a Preferred Room (Building 6, 3rd Floor, room 6358)
I booked POFQ Garden View for $102/night for 6/30 - 7/3 (Building 3, bottom floor, room 3119)
and POP Century Std View for $77/night for 7/3 - 7/8 (Building 6, bottom floor 6127) I heard fireworks one night and walked to the lake in my pj's to watch.
You can look up the rooms on Hotel Room Views on TouringPlans.com

Last edited:
Would you mind sharing when it popped up? I've been looking for weeks for something the last week of September but there's nothing on PLE and HW only shows value rooms higher than rack rate. I found a great deal in LBV but it's non-refundable so I'm having trouble deciding whether to give up all hope for something onsite.

AoA popped up off and on starting on 8/31 and CBR started appearing on 9/3.

Help! I've got DS Best Western booked through Hotwire, but I can't seem to get the Disney website to recognize my reservation #. I called Hotwire, and got a 9 digit and a 10 digit code, but MDX isn't recognizing either of them. FP day is tomorrow, and I need to get this linked!

Help! I've got DS Best Western booked through Hotwire, but I can't seem to get the Disney website to recognize my reservation #. I called Hotwire, and got a 9 digit and a 10 digit code, but MDX isn't recognizing either of them. FP day is tomorrow, and I need to get this linked!

Did you try calling Best Western directly? When I booked the Wyndham LBV through a PLE deal, I called the hotel directly to get my kids added on. While I was on the phone, the Wyndham rep gave me the "Disney" number I needed for MDE. It's worth a try!

Did you try calling Best Western directly? When I booked the Wyndham LBV through a PLE deal, I called the hotel directly to get my kids added on. While I was on the phone, the Wyndham rep gave me the "Disney" number I needed for MDE. It's worth a try!
Tried this and got a 6 digit number that MDX also does not recognize. I made this reservation on Hotwire almost a month ago, so it's definitely not timing. I called back, explained it wasn't working, and the lady from Best Western confirmed "that is the number you need."

So I waited on hold with Disney for half an hour, explained the situation, and it's being escalated. Apparently, Disney's escalation CM now has to contact Best Western directly to get it sorted out. The CM I spoke with said he'd put a note in my account so that if it ISN'T resolved by tomorrow, a phone CM can assist me with making FP.

Last edited:
that's really strange. I just booked a hotwire deal 2 days ago (Hilton at Disney Springs) and was able to link it no problem yesterday with the confirmation they gave me in the email

Tried this and got a 6 digit number that MDX also does not recognize. I made this reservation on Hotwire almost a month ago, so its definitely timing. I called back, explained it wasn't working, and the lady from Best Western confirmed "that is the number you need."

So I waited on hold with Disney for half an hour, explained the situation, and it's being escalated. Apparently, Disney's escalation CM now has to contact Best Western directly to get it sorted out. The CM I spoke with said he'd put a note in my account so that if it ISN'T resolved by tomorrow, a phone CM can assist me with making FP.

I had a lot of problems with a Best Western reservation just before my FP+ booking time too. Disney kept telling me it was a Best Western problem and Best Western told me it was a Disney problem. They offered me FP+ assistance, but then when I called back they said they couldn't do that and I would have to wait. I ended up booking a stay at All Stars just so I could get my FP+. A better deal for Best Western came out later, so I cancelled and rebooked. I was able to link that reservation number right away the next day. Then once that was linked, I cancelled the temporary All Stars reservation.

I had a lot of problems with a Best Western reservation just before my FP+ booking time too. Disney kept telling me it was a Best Western problem and Best Western told me it was a Disney problem. They offered me FP+ assistance, but then when I called back they said they couldn't do that and I would have to wait. I ended up booking a stay at All Stars just so I could get my FP+. A better deal for Best Western came out later, so I cancelled and rebooked. I was able to link that reservation number right away the next day. Then once that was linked, I cancelled the temporary All Stars reservation.

I got an email tonight offering me FP assistance. Hopefully, I get it when I call, but if not, it's actually not that big a deal this trip. I'm going with DD4. She's not very tall, nor is she interested in "scary" rides, so the FP that need 60+ days are not rides we'd go on anyway. Too short for FoP or RnR; would be scared by any of the mountains, Everest, etc. I'm debating even trying for SDD or 7DMT, as I think she might be scared by them. Maybe 7DMT because she won't see much of it and it's fairly smooth, but there's a good chance she'll refuse to get on SDD after seeing it from the ground and hearing people scream (even if they're screaming in fun). I think the only 60-day FP I'd really like is NRJ, and that's a walk on at rope drop, if I can't get it in advance.

Tried this and got a 6 digit number that MDX also does not recognize. I made this reservation on Hotwire almost a month ago, so it's definitely not timing. I called back, explained it wasn't working, and the lady from Best Western confirmed "that is the number you need."

I had this happen to me for my trip coming up on the 28th. I kept calling Best Western, and Disney and could never get it resolved. I canceled my ressie with Best Western through Priceline and booked a Passholder rate room at POP. I ended up just keeping that reservation since I could never get a better price on PL or HW in a location I wanted. Good Luck.

I had this happen to me for my trip coming up on the 28th. I kept calling Best Western, and Disney and could never get it resolved. I canceled my ressie with Best Western through Priceline and booked a Passholder rate room at POP. I ended up just keeping that reservation since I could never get a better price on PL or HW in a location I wanted. Good Luck.

I have a good rate at BW, and haven't seen a better one, even as a blind booking. There is nothing on site for my dates under $300 except a FW campsite. All Stars and Pop are sold out. AoA only has suites. FW cabins are the only available moderate. Even at rack rate, there's nothing. This obviously doesn't bode well for much inventory being dumped into PL or HW.

If I want a Disney Hotel in January, when should I start looking?

If current trends continue, late November or sometime in December, depending on when you're going in Jan. It's September, which is a lower-crowd time in general, and some people aren't seeing much until a week or two before their dates. Seems like slim pickings lately.

Anyone happen to see anything pop up for the night of Nov 1st at a Disney resort? I am in desperate need for just the one night on property. But really don't want to pay the crazy Disney prices with what is left.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!