• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Priceline Express Deals

Just scored a preferred room at Coronado 8/6 to 8/12 for $760 total on Priceline! I was able to cancel my existing reservation with Disney which was $1128 for a standard room. Quite the savings!

Used Ebates for 5% cashback and I am getting back my $200 deposit! Thanks to everyone in this lovely thread!

Booked Dolphin on 7/6, I have been checking online to see my res on their site but it is not showing up. I called Dolphin directly and they do not have anything under my name. I then double checked PL (as if I needed to check again, I seem to be looking at my reservation every other day ;)) and everything looks good, called PL and they say I am confirmed etc etc. I said that the hotel does not have my reservation. The PL agent said she could add any requests I had and that I would not be able to look up my reservation on the Marriott system since I booked with a 3rd party. I told her that I am not concerned about special requests right now, what I am concerned about is that the Dolphin does not have any reservation under my name at all. If I cannot pull it up on the Marriott site that is fine, but the hotel itself should have my reservation.

She then told me that she would put me on hold so she could contact their "third party vendor" - so did I book on a 3rd party site on one of their 3rd party vendors? So she tried calling but it is early and they are not open yet - seriously, a hospitality service that is not open 24/7? I work 3rd shift at a hotel, I am the only one here but at least there is someone here. She then said that she would escalate the issue and a manager would contact me tomorrow. From all that I have read here this does not seem normal.
Update - I called Dolphin again to see if the problem had been fixed (PL never contacted me), they tried every name, number, date and could not find the reservation. The agent asked if I was calling about our previous reservation which is c/o already - I am baffled since I have never stayed there and my name is super unusual.

So I call PL again and the agent told me that she can see how the previous agent had escalated the issue but basically nothing has been done yet. She said they need to call their "sister company" which is who books reservations with S&D. I asked who they are and she said Tourico - ugh! From working fd at a hotel I know Tourico. They are a pain, so is their parent company HotelBeds. Rates are always wrong, wrong dates, reservations go missing. The agent kept saying that there is no problem and my reservation is confirmed - yeah, they already charged my card so it better be confirmed ;)

The Dolphin agent did say that she is pretty sure she sees my reservations but for security reasons could not give me the name they are under - I am thinking maybe they were booked under the wrong name (?), not by me or PL (my confirmation email has the correct info) but by Tourico.

I am just so glad we are not going until next year or I would be super stressed. As it is I have plenty of time to call every day if necessary to get this fixed.

I wanted to say Thank You! Your tips are great and just by watching this thread have a few times helped us extend our onsite stays when there are no discounts on rooms.

We want to add a couple of days to our trip, August 23 & 24, wondering if someone sees any discounts?

Thanks again!

Update - I called Dolphin again to see if the problem had been fixed (PL never contacted me), they tried every name, number, date and could not find the reservation. The agent asked if I was calling about our previous reservation which is c/o already - I am baffled since I have never stayed there and my name is super unusual.

So I call PL again and the agent told me that she can see how the previous agent had escalated the issue but basically nothing has been done yet. She said they need to call their "sister company" which is who books reservations with S&D. I asked who they are and she said Tourico - ugh! From working fd at a hotel I know Tourico. They are a pain, so is their parent company HotelBeds. Rates are always wrong, wrong dates, reservations go missing. The agent kept saying that there is no problem and my reservation is confirmed - yeah, they already charged my card so it better be confirmed ;)

The Dolphin agent did say that she is pretty sure she sees my reservations but for security reasons could not give me the name they are under - I am thinking maybe they were booked under the wrong name (?), not by me or PL (my confirmation email has the correct info) but by Tourico.

I am just so glad we are not going until next year or I would be super stressed. As it is I have plenty of time to call every day if necessary to get this fixed.
ughhhhh:headache:
That is super frustrating. Unfortunately I am in the exact same boat with my Swan reservation. What you are saying about this “sister company” now makes sense to me .
One of the many Priceline agents I spoke to the other day put me on hold for a long time and then came back saying that my reservation was there but since the trip was so far away they “hadn’t worked on it yet” and I should try back when we were “30 days away.” Of course that doesn’t work at all due to fastpass booking but we had a bad connection , a language barrier,and this was my 4th time trying to explain that day and I was done . I was assuming the agent was speaking to the Swan when she put me on hold, but now I know it was this other company.
I really don’t want to track this down.

Last edited:

ughhhhh:headache:
That is super frustrating. Unfortunately I am in the exact same boat with my Swan reservation. What you are saying about this “sister company” now makes sense to me .
One of the many Priceline agents I spoke to the other day put me on hold for a long time and then came back saying that my reservation was there but since the trip was so far away they “hadn’t worked on it yet” and I should try back when we were “30 days away.” Of course that doesn’t work at all due to fastpass booking but we had a bad connection , a language barrier,and this was my 4th time trying to explain that day and I was done . I was assuming the agent was speaking to the Swan when she put me on hold, but now I know it was this other company.
I really don’t want to track this down.
That is what I worry about - that they will tell me that I need to wait until closer to our arrival date. Yeah, that won't work since we need to make FP and ADR's. Not to mention that if there is a problem then we just have a month to fix it or find somewhere else to stay?! I don't care how far in the future our reservation is for, they took our money when we booked, we should have the reservation that same day.

I will call them later today - I always call too early even though they are 2 hours ahead of me (I am mountain time). Will let you know what they say.

That is what I worry about - that they will tell me that I need to wait until closer to our arrival date. Yeah, that won't work since we need to make FP and ADR's. Not to mention that if there is a problem then we just have a month to fix it or find somewhere else to stay?! I don't care how far in the future our reservation is for, they took our money when we booked, we should have the reservation that same day.

I will call them later today - I always call too early even though they are 2 hours ahead of me (I am mountain time). Will let you know what they say.
Good luck. I will be trying again today too as I have a solid hour break this afternoon . I think what it will require is getting a Priceline agent who we can explain the fastpass system to , so that they understand the need for the reservation to be showing in the Swan /Dolphin system . THEN they are going to have to contact that second company and communicate to them why it needs to be done before that 60 day mark . This isn’t sounding like fun. I will be sure to let you know how it goes .

Damn, that sounds like a major PITA.

I wonder if the issue is tied to how far out you booked?

As I stated on another thread, I booked our trip for Sept on the 19th (last Friday) and called today.... while I was never able to view my reservation on the Marriott site, they were able to verify my information and add my daughter.

Hope everything works out for you!

I called the Swan this morning to get the ball rolling. The agent I spoke to told me my reservation was there (Yay!) but that she was completely unable to modify any third party reservation ( Boooooo!) . I calmly and nicely explained I knew it could be done and asked to speak to someone else . She put me on hold and then came back and explained the rules about modifying a third party booking . It was all very cordial , we just weren’t understanding eachother. I explained I was trying to add a child ( again) and that was the part she had missed. She then said she could definitely do that ! I think I had initially spoken too quickly trying to include all relevant info and that was misunderstood .
Anyway .. she easily did it and gave me my confirmation number . I was told to wait 48 hours and then add it to MDE .
So that’s my tale. It takes longer than it should ( in my opinion ) but it will be done. Good luck to all !

I called the Swan this morning to get the ball rolling. The agent I spoke to told me my reservation was there (Yay!) but that she was completely unable to modify any third party reservation ( Boooooo!) . I calmly and nicely explained I knew it could be done and asked to speak to someone else . She put me on hold and then came back and explained the rules about modifying a third party booking . It was all very cordial , we just weren’t understanding eachother. I explained I was trying to add a child ( again) and that was the part she had missed. She then said she could definitely do that ! I think I had initially spoken too quickly trying to include all relevant info and that was misunderstood .
Anyway .. she easily did it and gave me my confirmation number . I was told to wait 48 hours and then add it to MDE .
So that’s my tale. It takes longer than it should ( in my opinion ) but it will be done. Good luck to all !

Awesome, glad you were able to get it resolved!

I wanted to say Thank You! Your tips are great and just by watching this thread have a few times helped us extend our onsite stays when there are no discounts on rooms.

We want to add a couple of days to our trip, August 23 & 24, wondering if someone sees any discounts?

Thanks again!
My magic 8 ball says this $131 deal for one night 8/23-24 is Coronado Springs: https://bit.ly/2SDVl83

When expanded to 2 nights 8/23-8/25 (if that's what you meant) I didn't come up with any Disney resorts - but they come and go so keep watching!

For the record: I was searching something else and noticed if you search for a PE deal just on 8/24, there's another Coronado deal - so, you can get deals for both those nights if that is what you wanted, but have to book 1 day at a time. Good ol' Priceline Express. Here's the 8/24 deal: https://bit.ly/2K1BH1B

Can anyone help with the bonnet creek 3.5* showing up on August 16-17?
Because JJTNY found Coronado for 131 on dates in August, I'm going to guess this one is also Coronado which is 3.5 stars. There are no resort fees and it is one of the guesses by Hotel Canary. I didn't look up the review numbers or rating to see if those match.

OOPS didn't see your update! Sorry. Glad you found an acceptable deal.

Last edited:
We are currently booked RO at POFQ for 8/18-8/21. After stalking PLE for months with no luck for our dates, I have seen a Value (it lists all of them in HC) showing up for $71 for over a week now. What are the chances any Deluxe Disney hotels will show up over the next few weeks?

We are currently booked RO at POFQ for 8/18-8/21. After stalking PLE for months with no luck for our dates, I have seen a Value (it lists all of them in HC) showing up for $71 for over a week now. What are the chances any Deluxe Disney hotels will show up over the next few weeks?
After the deals that were left over from earlier drops at the start of 2019 ran out, Deluxe resorts in the PE deals became much rarer - there were a few WL and AK Lodge deals in April & June and sparse BC rooms in the high $300s since then, nothing else Deluxe. (You will often see some in PE search results, but all up in the $500 and up rates.)

While Priceline has surprised me several times after I thought I understood their methods, I personally wouldn't count on seeing any Deluxes for awhile, at least until well after Galaxy's Edge opens. But, here's hoping I'm wrong!

Anyone have any luck adding kids the the reservation lately?

Edit: Nevermind Called wholesale no problem

Last edited:

Thanks again!

Not sure if you are interested in dolphin or swan but it looks like one of those are on Hotwire for $95 a night for your dates.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter