• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Price increase -- It's Here! (2/11/20)

Hubby and I will talk tonight but the best deal I’ve found today is

disneyland daily shared her personal get away today link on facebook

there is a 1 day free thing through that link..

for my family

5 day park hopper with maxpass through her link is 1720

compared to the new Disney price of 2020

.. and then even if I use the getaway today lay way with its 99 fee ... still 200 cheaper.

Maybe if you do it on Day one the MP would also go toward your $125 MP for AP?
At this point I’m questioning whether we will buy the FlexPass at all. We were planning for an additional 6-day trip, but if I pare it back to 5 days, it’s only $263 more and I get Magic morning and don’t have to worry about reservation days. And I’ll make up the $263 plus some by avoiding a night in the hotel and food for one day.

So, if I have a package booked with the old prices (both ticket and max pass) I'm not impacted by this increase am I? Just want to make sure I'm not on the hook for a higher price now. Thanks!

The SoCal and Child 3-Day promo ticket offers are still the old prices too, including $45 to add Maxpass for 3 days.

Last edited:

Has anyone had luck with Get Away Today for the old ticket prices? If I use them, can I add it to the app directly? Thanks.
Last time I used get away today they were etickets that needed to be converted to hard tix at the turnstile before scanning into app.

I already bought our tickets through LMTC for our trip, but the MP increase is likely going to price us out as a family of 6 visiting for 5 days. An extra $450 was going to be a stretch, $600 probably isn't going to make the budget unfortunately. Maybe we will just do it for 3 days.. :(

So... I am confused. Did the price of a five-day park hopper go up? It is showing as $395 on the Disneyland website right now.

Edit: Never mind! I was looking at the child ticket price. Adult is $415.

I just skimmed through some upcoming conventions that are offering tickets. $340 for 3 day park hopper with maxpass. The thing is, I don't know if this is taking into consideration the price hike that just took place. I can still buy the same tickets through UT for $375. If the rates stay the same I could potentially save $140 by holding off and buying in April. This is IF they convention rates haven't gone up. Do you guys think they have already been adjusted and I should hold off, or do you think the convention tickets will likely increase by more than $35/ticket by April?
Current conventions have locked in pricing. It won’t go up once those tickets go on sale.

I already bought our tickets through LMTC for our trip, but the MP increase is likely going to price us out as a family of 6 visiting for 5 days. An extra $450 was going to be a stretch, $600 probably isn't going to make the budget unfortunately. Maybe we will just do it for 3 days.. :(
I think it's totally doable to just use MaxPass some days of your trip. Plan it so some days will be ride heavy and others will not be (or will not require MaxPass... you can still get FPs the old way!).

I'm looking to buy 4 Parkhoppers with MaxPass for April. It looks like the best deal with the old prices right now is Get Away Today if I use the "Get One Day Free" deal (even though I won't be able to use the 5th day), with a price of $420 per ticket. I'll keep researching but I'd love to hear if anyone else has advice for saving and dodging the price increase. Thanks!

I think it's totally doable to just use MaxPass some days of your trip. Plan it so some days will be ride heavy and others will not be (or will not require MaxPass... you can still get FPs the old way!).

You are right, it is doable! It is just so convenient to have! We have two young kids, one with special needs, and I have some mobility issues, so the thought of going back to running all over the place collecting Fastpasses gives me anxiety. BUT, like you said, making some days ride heavy and focusing on other activities on the other days sounds like a solid plan. :)

Ugh. After some bad news at work yesterday this was just icing on the cake going to bed knowing I'd wake up to things I knew would not make me happy.

I'm among those shocked by the MP increase. $10 was an incredible, but also reasonable deal. $15 I thought a bit much, but still worth it if in the budget. $20? No way. Not worth it anymore and I'm sorry to anyone I've recommended buying it day by day. I'm not even sure I'll recommend it at all. I think the price is obscene.

I can't even really justify it for the PhotoPass benefit anymore. Photographers are so limited these days (I'm still annoyed by NYE time 2018/19 that I went in to see the princesses and there was one CM running between the three rooms to take pictures with other people's phones; and yes, I did issue a complaint about the lack of PhotoPass and a compliment for the CM for doing the best he could with a terrible situation he was dealt by management). And I do still think that benefit is largely there just as an excuse to charge for FPs booked on the phone. To some it would still seem like a "value" considering the cost of one digital photo.

I'm not happy with the $50 increase to my pass either, but at least it wasn't the shock I got last year in January when my pass had gone up $410 (loss of renewal discount plus two price increases before I renewed) from what I had paid for my pass the year before. Disney lost out on me just renewing my pass over that despite knowing I was not likely going again for nine months. Sadly I could see this happening again for me. No point to renew if I know I'm not going for months.

I know, there will always be someone who pays. I've been that person. I've also been the person that said "no, that's too much". But it still sucks. I'm dreading what this means for my NYE trip later this year. It's become an annual tradition with my mom I greatly look forward to. Will depend a lot on what that bad news from work means for the rest of my year if I have to say goodbye to it.

At least I've got my pass until late December for now I guess.

That I’m not sure. The pricing is locked in for conventions that already have tickets on sale.
:crowded:
I hate not knowing. I know I'm going to probably end up kicking myself with either choice i make. I just wish I knew what their rates are going to be. We are trying to budget pretty hard for this trip.

Oh well, there are other places we can visit.

Okay, I need ideas... sad, perhaps, but we've never managed to figure out other vacation ideas that sounded equally fun and worth the expense and effort for the entire family, so Disneyland is the only family vacation we've ever done! I'd love to know of other fun family adventure vacation ideas for people that love Disneyland! Any suggestions...???

Okay, I need ideas... sad, perhaps, but we've never managed to figure out other vacation ideas that sounded equally fun and worth the expense and effort for the entire family, so Disneyland is the only family vacation we've ever done! I'd love to know of other fun family adventure vacation ideas for people that love Disneyland! Any suggestions...???

We are still a Disney family, so I haven't been able to completely move away from it, but we've started cruising again recently. We've done two already (Caribbean and Alaska) and have two coming up (Mexican Riviera and another Caribbean). Deals can be had and it helps when all your expenses are included in your sail price (or can if you elect not to add extras). We have sailed Royal Caribbean and are trying Carnival over the summer (unfortunately, Disney Cruise Line is way over priced for us).

How old are your kids?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter