Prepaid Photopass + now offered at DL

dtnrhi said:
Does the PP+ still include the CD? I looked online at the preorder and didn't see any.mention of a CD still being includes and wanted to make sure..

Yes. You will get a voucher code with your PP+ packet. You will have the option to get the photos on a CD or digitally download.

Posted from Disney Forums Reader for Android

I have a question for someone that has used the lanyard you get with the PP+ card. I really do not like anything around my neck so I want to attach the card to my bag. In order to understand how to make it easy to use this way, can someone tell me if the CM just scans the card with a handheld scanner so you don't take the lanyard off, or do you need to remove the lanyard/card from your neck so they can run the card through a machine scanner? TIA.

I have a question for someone that has used the lanyard you get with the PP+ card. I really do not like anything around my neck so I want to attach the card to my bag. In order to understand how to make it easy to use this way, can someone tell me if the CM just scans the card with a handheld scanner so you don't take the lanyard off, or do you need to remove the lanyard/card from your neck so they can run the card through a machine scanner? TIA.

Well, the PP+ card comes on a light soft-stringed lanyard, but you can easily take it off the lanyard and carry it as you would any other regular PhotoPass card.

I kept it on the lanyard the whole time, and either wore it around my neck or kept it in my pocket. Whenever I was going to be in the picture, I handed the card/lanyard to the photographer. But you wouldn't have to. You could just stand next to the photographer after the picture(s) were taken and he could scan your lanyard card.

Yes this should work. They can scan the card through the sleeve on the lanyard.

Also, when I added my PP+ card and PP card to my account today, it came with 44 pictures called "Disney PhotoCD Bonus Content". In that group are 8 Cars Land photos.

So for those on this thread who were wanting Cars Land photos on the Photo Gallery CD, you get 8 such photos this way.

By all means, WEAR the card. Make it obvious. The photographers know that you are definitely ordering the CD, so you can get a ton of photos, some of them candids that you would never have gotten yourself. They can even go as far as stopping you to take them if they see the card - we got some great photos that way.

Just ordered mine today for our trip in two weeks. The site was very vague now, not mentioning the cd or the gallery cd. Just lloking for anyone who may have recieved theres more recently that it still includes this. Also, has anyone picked there card up in DCA before official park opening? The park opens at 9am but i know they usually let us enter at 830 to wait at a rope drop. just want to know if the photo shop opens before 9. thanks!

Just ordered mine today for our trip in two weeks. The site was very vague now, not mentioning the cd or the gallery cd. Just lloking for anyone who may have recieved theres more recently that it still includes this. Also, has anyone picked there card up in DCA before official park opening? The park opens at 9am but i know they usually let us enter at 830 to wait at a rope drop. just want to know if the photo shop opens before 9. thanks!

Mine arrived in the mail on Wednesday (I'd ordered on Wed. Feb 13). Yes, it still includes the gallery CD and a voucher for the photo CD.

Don't know about when the photo shop opens in DCA though. I'll be picking up my PP+ next Friday evening in DCA though, so if you don't get an answer before then, I can check ask.

Mine arrived in the mail on Wednesday (I'd ordered on Wed. Feb 13). Yes, it still includes the gallery CD and a voucher for the photo CD.

Don't know about when the photo shop opens in DCA though. I'll be picking up my PP+ next Friday evening in DCA though, so if you don't get an answer before then, I can check ask.

Yep- they are all open:) A few weeks ago we got our photopass , plus card before actual opening- however it was during early entry. The next day though we got let in a half an hour before opening (there was no early entry for that park to anyone that day) and all the shops were open too. Everyone else was lining up for Carsland but we wandered the shops getting pressed pennies.

So in short, yes- regardless if it is early entry or not, the shops will be open prior to rope drop- including the camera shop:)

Yep- they are all open:) A few weeks ago we got our photopass , plus card before actual opening- however it was during early entry. The next day though we got let in a half an hour before opening (there was no early entry for that park to anyone that day) and all the shops were open too. Everyone else was lining up for Carsland but we wandered the shops getting pressed pennies.

So in short, yes- regardless if it is early entry or not, the shops will be open prior to rope drop- including the camera shop:)

However, if you are staying onsite, you will have to lose ride time in at least one park in order to get your Photopass+ card.

ValpoCory said:
However, if you are staying onsite, you will have to lose ride time in at least one park in order to get your Photopass+ card.

Oh absolutely! When we did it our plan was to only do Carsland then hop over to DL at (hopefully) rope drop -giving us one hour in DCA. Well we were done with all 3 Carsland rides by 8:30 (onsite early entry was at 8), did TSMM as a walk on so we split up and DH got Starbucks while I got our PP+. We had planned on getting it at the shop in DL but saw the DCA one empty.

For us it worked because we had a few extra minutes in our schedule:-) But it is open during that half hour when shops are open prior to official rope drop if you don't want to waste onsite EE time.

Thanks very much for this information - this is something we are totally going to do considering the number of pictures, rides, character meal situations - and ordering it before we leave with a reduced cost is an excellent deal.

People spend so much money on flights, hotels, tickets etc - this is a no brainer to have the memories of the whole family together afterwards.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter