Premium Magic Band Answers

JoanneAZ

DIS Veteran
I recently ordered a magic band through My Disney Experience and chose to do the $10 upgrade for a Tinkerbell band. When my band arrived it was the generic gray band (the error was explained as a glitch and as the band being sold out). I reached out through email and received incomplete information and spent over an hour on the phone speaking to different people at different phone numbers. After I sent an email complaining about the frustrating experience I was having I received a very helpful email from a ShopDisney guest services CM. I wanted to post the info for anyone else who is having the same issues.

There are two options for placing a new order for a Premium MagicBand:

1. If personalization is priority, please contact a cast member at My Disney Experience at (407) 939-4357. This is the only way to receive a personalized Premium MagicBand at the discounted price. This is also the contact if you would like a Complimentary MagicBand instead.

2. If you are okay without the personalization, we at shopDisney Parks can place a phone order with you using the inventory selection you will find at shopDisney.com (search MagicBand). A Premium MagicBand for $24.99 will be $10.00 and $29.99 will be $15.00 and we can express ship for you. This selection cannot be personalized. If you would like to choose this method, please contact us at shopDisney Parks (800) 328-0327.

I hope this helps someone not have the frustrating experience I had.

Is there currently an issue with ordering a MB online through MDE?
The link to start an order doesn't seem to work.....

I recently ordered a magic band through My Disney Experience and chose to do the $10 upgrade for a Tinkerbell band. When my band arrived it was the generic gray band (the error was explained as a glitch and as the band being sold out). I reached out through email and received incomplete information and spent over an hour on the phone speaking to different people at different phone numbers. After I sent an email complaining about the frustrating experience I was having I received a very helpful email from a ShopDisney guest services CM. I wanted to post the info for anyone else who is having the same issues.

There are two options for placing a new order for a Premium MagicBand:

1. If personalization is priority, please contact a cast member at My Disney Experience at (407) 939-4357. This is the only way to receive a personalized Premium MagicBand at the discounted price. This is also the contact if you would like a Complimentary MagicBand instead.

2. If you are okay without the personalization, we at shopDisney Parks can place a phone order with you using the inventory selection you will find at shopDisney.com (search MagicBand). A Premium MagicBand for $24.99 will be $10.00 and $29.99 will be $15.00 and we can express ship for you. This selection cannot be personalized. If you would like to choose this method, please contact us at shopDisney Parks (800) 328-0327.

I hope this helps someone not have the frustrating experience I had.
This information is not correct though. If you have magicbands to choose for an upcoming stay, you have to choose one of the upgrade options on the MDE app. That second number is for shopdisney and they won't apply your discount to the order. You'll be paying full retail if you order through them.

This information is not correct though. If you have magicbands to choose for an upcoming stay, you have to choose one of the upgrade options on the MDE app. That second number is for shopdisney and they won't apply your discount to the order. You'll be paying full retail if you order through them.

It is correct. The information above is not instructions on how to buy an upgraded Magic Band, but how to fix a screw-up by Disney. I ordered an upgraded Magic Band through MDE, Disney messed it up and sent me a grey band instead of the one I ordered. The above was information on how to get that problem fixed.

I should have ordered the Tink when I saw it. But I have plenty of time, trip is in August. Who knows what designs will come out before then.
I missed out on the Tink one too. At the time it was available, my husband didn’t like any of the options. 🙄 So I ended up missing out on it.

I missed out on the Tink one too. At the time it was available, my husband didn’t like any of the options. 🙄 So I ended up missing out on it.

If you still have time, keep watching, you might find a design you like better. I ended up with the white Castle band and I’m really happy with it.

Yes, I’m going to keep watching. Maybe it will come back, or have more selections. At the moment there isn’t much available.

If you still have time, keep watching, you might find a design you like better. I ended up with the white Castle band and I’m really happy with it.
Unfortunately we’re too close, so I went ahead and chose something else. My husband got the castle one, I got a princess one with Belle, Tiana, Mulan, and Cinderella so I’m happy with it.

This! Anytime I really like a MB like a few days ago the Grumpy one... there isnt any my DD likes. We have time for sure... but just hoping we can find two we like at the same time.

Last edited:
It is correct. The information above is not instructions on how to buy an upgraded Magic Band, but how to fix a screw-up by Disney. I ordered an upgraded Magic Band through MDE, Disney messed it up and sent me a grey band instead of the one I ordered. The above was information on how to get that problem fixed.
Ahh sorry about that. I misunderstood your post then. Cheers.

Do you have to choose bands for all of your party at the same time?

How often do they actually update the MBs available to pick out? When it first launched it seemed like there was 50 choices for MBs and now there is about 5 other than the main colors.

Do they put out new choices at specific times? The selection over the past week has been quite limited...
I have been trying to get 2 for my DGDs. December I was seeing maybe 24 (including the solid colored ones) but what they wanted was not available.
last 2-3 weeks every time I check (different times of the day) there were 15 choices and now it's been 13 (solid colored included). Our trip is not until April but pretty soon I may just give up and order Magic Band "skins" on line.
I'd like one of the new solid color ones for myself but those are not available as an option in MDE and the price for those on shopdisney is the same as the other solid colored ones.
crazy that Disney does not want the money we would gladly spend on premium bands; they nickel and dime us for so many other things.

It’s been misleading because they were previously displaying all the options including the sold out ones. If you’re only seeing a few options they may have switched over to only showing the ones available. They sold out of a LOT of Magic Bands over the November/December. Even ShopDisney had a pretty limited selection.

I got word that mine has shipped...we'll see if I actually end up with the one I selected since it was the first and only time I'd seen it.

I got word that mine has shipped...we'll see if I actually end up with the one I selected since it was the first and only time I'd seen it.
I recently placed and order and mine included a new band that I had never seen either and everything was fine so here's hoping yours is as well. Mine processed and shipped so quickly that I thought for sure it was too good to be true.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter