Pregnant youtuber denied boarding on Disney Cruise

This lady is from near St Louis and of course the St Louis Post Dispatch picked up the story.

The comments in this thread on facebook of their posting of the story about the family making scenes at other places just makes me shake my head.

Her 15 mins needs to be up now.

https://www.facebook.com/STLPD/post...5&notif_t=feedback_reaction_generic&ref=notif

Totally agree, but I wish companies would stand up to people like this, what they are doing is very wrong, and she might even have gotten paid for this which is frustrating.

How dumb of the newspapers and tv shows to pick this up without doing some fact check. Certainly they aren't that dumb to know that woman has done some editing of her video. Certainly they would check DCL's policies. If we all know that she is out for attention and $$$ then they should realize it, too. I read the comments on the link above and it appears that the majority of people can see right through her. Why promote it?

I can't help but wonder why 2 weeks ago they booked it. It appears to me that they sat around the kitchen table and concocted this scheme and had to work quickly for it to work.

This lady is from near St Louis and of course the St Louis Post Dispatch picked up the story.

The comments in this thread on facebook of their posting of the story about the family making scenes at other places just makes me shake my head.

Her 15 mins needs to be up now.

https://www.facebook.com/STLPD/post...5&notif_t=feedback_reaction_generic&ref=notif

One of the comments in that post posted a link to her story on Inside Edition. At this point, this is just comedy, and quite hysterical. Inside Edition? Come on. What a joke. LMFAO :rotfl2::rotfl2:

I haven't even read the replies yet but I gotta say it's interesting how different media tell a story.

Daily Mail (which yes I know what kind it is) showcases it like it's some sordid tale of a woman denied boarding because she was pregnant and of course the men with ar-15s are showcased prominently in pictures and in the bullet points (no pun intended). Photos of the family boo hoo sympathy card needed. Ugh.

This was what our local news had- http://www.kctv5.com/story/37843953...y-was-kicked-off-cruise-because-shes-pregnant

Among the layout difference and content our local news had the statement from Disney. I do not know if the video in the Daily Mail did but I didn't bother to watch it.

upload_2018-4-4_14-37-22.png

In the Daily Mail article it's funny that she's quoted using the excuse that she didn't book the cruise and wasn't well-versed on its policies. You're going to tell me you love Disney, bought a whole bunch of stuff for Disney and you didn't read anything about Disney Cruise Line (or that other cruise lines have similar policies). You're going to tell me you didn't even bother to read the travel documents you get before sailing? Oh ok sure.. Plus regardless of who pays you gotta know the policies and rules of where you're going.

BUT it's interesting that the Daily Mail article doesn't mention what my local news mentiones that a refund for the cruise was given to her:
"Jackson says the cruise line offered her a refund for the cost of the cruise but it will not cover their other vacations costs including plane tickets for 10 people."

ETA: I do see later comments on the thread indicating further compensation given for travel expenses which is just plain silly but of course it's done as a PR move.

Last edited:

How dumb of the newspapers and tv shows to pick this up without doing some fact check. Certainly they aren't that dumb to know that woman has done some editing of her video. Certainly they would check DCL's policies. If we all know that she is out for attention and $$$ then they should realize it, too. I read the comments on the link above and it appears that the majority of people can see right through her. Why promote it?

Not an issue of dumb. Local stations now have huge quotas to get social media hits. The anchors are expected to do as much time tweeting and Facebooking as writing stories. More time, really. Because that's where the advertising money is moving. And inaccurate stories get more hits.

My husband recently left his tv news career in disgust over exactly this.

Not an issue of dumb. Local stations now have huge quotas to get social media hits. The anchors are expected to do as much time tweeting and Facebooking as writing stories. More time, really. Because that's where the advertising money is moving. And inaccurate stories get more hits.

My husband recently left his tv news career in disgust over exactly this.
Interesting. Sorry to hear about it all. Your husband must be an honest soul.

Why do you say that? The one she was booked on ended this past Sunday.

I was under the impression that she was supposed to be on the Easter cruise, which would be headed toward CC now. Looks like I got this wrong.

I thought she was supposed to board Sunday?
Given that the news story first mentioned on this forum is dated March 28th I'm going to say no. Not unless they got to port 4 days early (though judging by the amount of intelligence the whole family has shown I can not say that's 100% impossible).

I just saw this on another discussion board:
"If a woman appears pregnant when checking in for a cruise, shore side supervisors ask her if she is pregnant, and how far along she is. If the answer needs further proof, the woman is asked to contact her physician and request a letter be faxed to the shore side office on the pier verifying that she is well with in the time limit required. The letter is given to ship's medical staff, who may call the physician to verify. At the end of the day it's the ship who decides who boards and who doesn't. They can and will deny boarding if they believe it's a medical risk, even if the woman is well within the time limit."

Does anyone know if this is indeed the case? If so, it does explain her telling the truth and having a doctor's note. It absolutely does not excuse her trying to get around the rule.

Sorry for another post, but this is a different point. Also on another discussion board, someone pointed out that a commotion could be used as a diversion for an attack of some kind or other criminal activity. This would be a good reason to have them exit the building and remove the distraction. Just a thought.

Given that the news story first mentioned on this forum is dated March 28th I'm going to say no. Not unless they got to port 4 days early (though judging by the amount of intelligence the whole family has shown I can not say that's 100% impossible).
Everything I can find including this thread started Monday. Also all the news stories.

"If a woman appears pregnant when checking in for a cruise, shore side supervisors ask her if she is pregnant, and how far along she is. If the answer needs further proof, the woman is asked to contact her physician and request a letter be faxed to the shore side office on the pier verifying that she is well with in the time limit required. The letter is given to ship's medical staff, who may call the physician to verify. At the end of the day it's the ship who decides who boards and who doesn't. They can and will deny boarding if they believe it's a medical risk, even if the woman is well within the time limit."

Does anyone know if this is indeed the case? If so, it does explain her telling the truth and having a doctor's note. It absolutely does not excuse her trying to get around the rule.

There is a question on online check-in that specifically states women cannot enter their 24th week before or during the cruise. If they checked that applied to no one then they lied. Disney offers no “bring a doctor’s note” option.

My bad, Hot Off The Press! I just read that DCL gives pregnancy tests to "pregnant looking" women to determine how far along they are in the process. Those past 24 weeks are denied boarding. I guess this new procedure just started yesterday, April 1st.

Sarcasm or serious? Link?

How is a person supposed to contact their physician on a Saturday or Sunday when most cruise ships leave? Of course there's going to be Dr. in the group on call for deliveries and emergency's, but asking them to fax paperwork seems a little unrealistic.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter