Pregnant youtuber denied boarding on Disney Cruise

@bumbershoot Her brother has posted multiple comments on some social media coverage saying this: "Obviously the news did not share the whole story! This wasn’t about the pregnancy and travel, would it of been nice to know when booked yes... this was to let people know and Someone at Disney who cares know how Disney treated us. This was Not Disney service and on top of it to Warn about the privacy of people’s social security numbers being left out and exposed for anyone to steal! We have it all on video!"

And I think she mentioned it in her original video (I won't give her another click to double check :rolleyes1). I have no idea why anyone would have a SSN out as part of any documentation. Nor do I ever recall handing over much documentation that the checkin CMs hold on to. I know we give them some info, but we don't leave copies of our passports there, much less a SS card!
So-- I think that is an additional matter of this family blowing things up for their 'fame.'

Translation: We didn't read the rules and regulations, and we can yell and curse at them as much as we want. But if port security calls law enforcement on us, it's WE who are being treated badly.

And I agree about the number - I have to wonder if it was some other totally innocuous number written down that happened to be the same number of digits as a social security number. I have never heard of any cruise line requiring a social security number - and it wouldn't work for identity anyway.

We got off the Magic the day she got on (I think). It wasn’t that hot, there is plenty of shade, and a restroom on the outside of the terminal where she could have filled their water cups.
Here is a photo of the shaded area. The terminal entrance in at the end of the covered area.
D7BB43BF-EC29-4850-AF7A-CFEC82FDFAF8.png

Would’ve never crossed my mind to check the policy. If I can fly at 25 weeks why can’t I cruise? Would’ve never occurred to me that I couldn’t.
Because, while flying, if you have a medical problem, they can land and get you to a hospital pretty quickly. Compared to having a medical problem (like early labor) out in the middle on an ocean. Where you could be days from the kind of care you (or your child) would need. While cruise ships have a medical center, they are only set up to stabilize patients prior to transfer to a land-based medical facility.

I wouldn't take the chance, if it were me.

I don’t feel sorry for them. We needed to reschedule a cruise due to pregnancy and had no issues doing so. I am glad to see she and her family are not getting the response they were looking for.

Well, here anyway. Seems from reports she is getting positive comments on her YouTube channel - and deleting any negative ones much like she edited her video to not show her family cursing and threatening as witnesses have reported - and some support from the news apparently who are buying her warped view.

Sorry. Subway posting is problematic.

Last edited:
The most recent figure I saw was $5000. That isn't cruise fare for a group of 10. They shouldn't have gotten a penny though.
What I read said the cruise fare was refunded for the entire party, then DCL offered them $5,000 more to cover other costs. So it seems the group did not have trip insurance because they were complaining about being out the money spent above the cruise fare. That's just insane for a woman who is 25 weeks pregnant to be cruising without trip insurance. Can you imagine the video if DCL had let her on the cruise and she went into preterm labor and had to be evacuated from the ship? I'm sure (according to Miss Youtube) it would have been all DCL's fault when they incurred hundreds of thousands of dollars in med evac expenses and medical expenses on whatever island they were able to evacuate her to. :sad2:

It irritates me that DCL gave them anything. It's fairly obvious she knew the rule and thought the doctor note would get her around it.

If people have video of this they should forward it to DCL, which I have to believe they have video too. It really is starting to sound like DCL could sue them for Defamation (had to look it up). This would be a good lesson for the Vloggers that you just can't say anything and paint a false picture of a situation. Would be a good battle for DCL to pick even if they lost a little money in court costs to set the precedent.

As much as I would love to see it, it Will never happen. Disney will bend over backwards 10000 times, which is what is required to maintain their reputation.

Because, while flying, if you have a medical problem, they can land and get you to a hospital pretty quickly. Compared to having a medical problem (like early labor) out in the middle on an ocean. Where you could be days from the kind of care you (or your child) would need. While cruise ships have a medical center, they are only set up to stabilize patients prior to transfer to a land-based medical facility.

I wouldn't take the chance, if it were me.

My niece went to her obgyn at 24.5 weeks, at which time her baby was being born.... the office called 911 and got her to the hospital in minutes.

Luckily, her son went on to survive, but it was hit and miss for months. If that happened on a ship, there is no treatment.

She claimed in the video (follow up video where she answers questions) that someones SS card was left out in plain sight and she said that a person by a certain name should contact her and they would have a lawsuit against DCL. Thinking about it now, that statement tells a lot about her attitude toward this whole thing.

Guessing this wasn't their initial plan, but they are sure trying to take advantage of the situation.

Thanks!

So someone was silly enough to take their SS card, then take it out, then leave it, and that’s Disney’s fault? Lol.

My (soon to be former) mother in law insists on bringing her SS card everywhere with her. I’m sure she did on the cruise to Alaska we gave her. Wouldn’t have been HAL’s fault if she left it out somewhere.

Last edited:
@bumbershoot Her brother has posted multiple comments on some social media coverage saying this: "Obviously the news did not share the whole story! This wasn’t about the pregnancy and travel, would it of been nice to know when booked yes... this was to let people know and Someone at Disney who cares know how Disney treated us. This was Not Disney service and on top of it to Warn about the privacy of people’s social security numbers being left out and exposed for anyone to steal! We have it all on video!"

It's amazing to watch them pivot. "Oh, we didn't post this video to show that they wouldn't let a pregnant woman board." Um, isn't that exactly what you started with? "It would have been nice to know..." Isn't it clear you did know? Isn't that why you brought the doctor's note? And all of us who have cruised DCL (and other cruise lines) know that every woman (EVEN my 70YO mother) had to check the box during registration that said she wouldn't be 24+ weeks pregnant during the cruise, so OF COURSE you knew.

The fact that they are trying to make this about armed guards is silly. (They aren't even DCL employees, nor unique to DCL terminals.) But trying to make this an issue about privacy and social security numbers is beyond ridiculous. Clearly an afterthought.

Last edited:
It's amazing to watch them pivot. "Oh, we didn't post this video to show that they wouldn't let a pregnant woman board." Um, isn't that exactly what you started with? "It would have been nice to know...: Isn't it clear you did know? Isn't that why you brought the doctor's note? And all of us who have cruised DCL (and other cruise lines) know that every woman (EVEN my 70YO mother) had to check the box during registration that said she wouldn't be 24+ weeks pregnant during the cruise, so OF COURSE you knew.

The fact that they are trying to make this about armed guards is silly. (They aren't even DCL employees, nor unique to DCL terminals.) But trying to make this an issue about privacy and social security numbers is beyond ridiculous. Clearly an afterthought.

Especially since this is in Miami where I am pretty sure DCL shares the terminal, it isn’t like Port Canaveral where that is their terminal building.

As much as I would love to see it, it Will never happen. Disney will bend over backwards 10000 times, which is what is required to maintain their reputation.

The problem here is the video hit many news outlets and the daily mail, potentially damaging DCLs reputation, so I don’t think anyone would fault them for doing this in this case, if anything I would have thought they would have had to sign a non disclosure to get compensation from DCL.

My niece went to her obgyn at 24.5 weeks, at which time her baby was being born.... the office called 911 and got her to the hospital in minutes.

Luckily, her son went on to survive, but it was hit and miss for months. If that happened on a ship, there is no treatment.

And if that had happened, they would've complained that DCL didn't have medical care, especially for a company who caters to children and families, then sue. This was a no win situation for DCL. DCL paid hush money, and she didn't hush. Disney continues to feed the beast that's people like that, because people know Disney will pay, and there are no consequences. Happens in the parks all the time. Oh, you didn't know about our rules? Sorry, here are some extra FPs, goodies, gift cards.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter