Pregnancy Board!!

I love the picture!!

I told my principal today. I had been putting it off, but she was really cool about it! Phew! 19 weeks on Monday!

We had our u/s and #9 is a boy! He looked perfect and we are so excited!

scan0003cropped.jpg

We are working on planning the nursery now. We are going with a hippo theme because I have always loved hippos! I am just having trouble getting the crib. It is made in Italy and they are working on re-certifying to the new US codes. Oh well.

Also, has anyone gone to Disney pregnant before? We had our daughter's second trip (my early birthday trip!) planned prior to the pregnancy and I always said I'd never go pregnant so I'm looking for tips!
Looking forward to getting to know you all!

I went in January 2009 at 21wks pregnant with DD2, and I'm headed back in December at 22wks pregnant. In 2009, mom and I went from rope drop to close for 3 days. We were tired every night, but we knew we could sleep when we got home. I was having a picture perfect pregnancy, and we took our time eating meals or people watching. I remember she and I sat for an hour in DHS eating our frozen lemonade, watching the crowds, and chatting. The weather was perfect - 75 every day - so I wore jeans and a t-shirt. The only ride I wanted to ride but couldn't was Kilimanjaro Safaris (I am not a coaster person). But it was a great trip, and I was not inhibited at all because I was pregnant.

Welcome to all you ladies! And congratulations

Also, has anyone gone to Disney pregnant before? We had our daughter's second trip (my early birthday trip!) planned prior to the pregnancy and I always said I'd never go pregnant so I'm looking for tips!

I was 20 weeks when we went last time. Most of the time it wasn't a problem being pregnant while there - however there were rides I'd ridden a hundred times (or more) before and didn't think they'd be an issue while PG, but they were. One ride I was distracted (By a missing toddler) and didn't notice the signs (and wasn't paying attention to the announcement - I was trying to find my child). Anyhow I went no the ride and ended up with horrible contractions - that lasted the rest of the trip. The signs and announcements are the only warning you'll get - the CMs won't say something if they see you getting on - because they don't want to accidentally say something to someone who's merely over weight.

Take lots of breaks, don't rush. LEt someone else carry your DD when ever possible. Put your feet up when ever possible, drink lots. Try to go for a swim each evening - that was a life saver for me! Climbing in tot the pool for an hour or two helped ease the tension and stopped the contractions each evening.

I'm 36 weeks and 2 days....due October 27th, 26 more days!! Ahhh! :woohoo: Probably going to Disney next year, more towards the end of the year most likely. Can't wait to go back! The sex of this baby is a surprise and had I of known how much more exciting it is to not know, we wouldn't of found out with our other 2, lol. Anyway....congrats and good luck!

Appointment went great! My RE is one of about 5 in the office, but he does the US himself. I am actually lucky because my OB does it himself as well. I really like both practices.

Released from the RE today. We will be giving this picture to our parents this weekend!!!

ry%3D400

Awesome and congrats for being released! How did this weekend go? I'm sure they were thrilled! Love the pic!

I LOOOOOVVVVEEEEE THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello everyone and congrats mommies :grouphug: To the other ladies, don't give up! It took DH and I several attempts to have DD10m... the next LO was a pleasant surprise. Apparently for many months after you have one you cannot tell when you ovulate... we are super exited to be 14 weeks pregnant, due March 27, 2012 :cool1:

We just became DVC members back in March and planned our first 'family' trip for DD's 1st birthday at the end of November. In August a little stick (three actually :laughing:) said we would be traveling as a family of 4.

Hey! We wanted them close. Ideally we wanted to come back from this vacation with a 'souvenir'. And it seems that doing Disney pregnant is no different than doing it with a 1 y/o. I still have to rest and there are a lot of rides that are no-nos. But, now, I'll be taking DD to watch shows instead of baby-swapping :thumbsup2

The only downside is we had booked a 2 night Cruise to Nowhere out of NY on the Magic for next June. That was changed our plans on. It was one thing to try it with am 18m/o but that AND a 3m/o? We signed the ressie over to my parents as a 40th anniversary present :)

We will find out the gender just before we go to WDW, as long as the LO cooperates. No shower for me. The kids will share a Tinker Bell Green (yup! Behr Paint) room. And we held off on decorating DD's room because we knew we wanted another one right behind her. We get to pick out baby things while we are in WDW!

God Bless all the ladies on here :) Best of luck to you and your families. And cheers to a lifetime of magical memories!

Cute nursery! And congrats! Hopefully your LO will show the goods at the appt LOL. If I hadn't paid for a 3D ultrasound at 16 weeks, we wouldn't have known gender until 21 weeks, because my 19 week anatomy scan she had her legs primly crossed and would NOT show. LOL. We were going on vacation when I was 18 weeks along and we wanted to know gender so that's why we did it early...

Hello there! My name is Lauren and I am just over 10 weeks pregnant with my second child. I have an adorable 15 (almost 16) month old daughter named Brynn! I suffered a miscarriage shortly after my daughter's first birthday, so I am very happy to be pregnant again! I look forward to hearing about everyone's pregnancy experiences!

My name is Lauren too! Congrats! Sorry to hear about your m/c, I had one in March. Not fun but gave me more determination to keep trying IMO. How far along will you be when you go to WDW preggo?

I love the picture!!

I told my principal today. I had been putting it off, but she was really cool about it! Phew! 19 weeks on Monday!

Yay congrats on getting that done with! I really really am not a fan of my office or boss, but so far that's one thing they've been fine with. I told them when I was 13 weeks along.

We had our u/s and #9 is a boy! He looked perfect and we are so excited!

scan0003cropped.jpg

We are working on planning the nursery now. We are going with a hippo theme because I have always loved hippos! I am just having trouble getting the crib. It is made in Italy and they are working on re-certifying to the new US codes. Oh well.

Congrats on the baby boy!! Cute nursery theme! Interesting about the crib. Ours is an Italian manufacturer, Pali, and we are really happy with the quality.

Welcome to all you ladies! And congratulations

I was 20 weeks when we went last time. Most of the time it wasn't a problem being pregnant while there - however there were rides I'd ridden a hundred times (or more) before and didn't think they'd be an issue while PG, but they were. One ride I was distracted (By a missing toddler) and didn't notice the signs (and wasn't paying attention to the announcement - I was trying to find my child). Anyhow I went no the ride and ended up with horrible contractions - that lasted the rest of the trip. The signs and announcements are the only warning you'll get - the CMs won't say something if they see you getting on - because they don't want to accidentally say something to someone who's merely over weight.

Take lots of breaks, don't rush. LEt someone else carry your DD when ever possible. Put your feet up when ever possible, drink lots. Try to go for a swim each evening - that was a life saver for me! Climbing in tot the pool for an hour or two helped ease the tension and stopped the contractions each evening.

Wow that is SO scary about the contractions after riding the ride. I can't even imagine. Someone in my Feb birth board (online) just lost her baby at 21w6d after a placental abruption so I'm really nervous about that happening.

I'm 36 weeks and 2 days....due October 27th, 26 more days!! Ahhh! :woohoo: Probably going to Disney next year, more towards the end of the year most likely. Can't wait to go back! The sex of this baby is a surprise and had I of known how much more exciting it is to not know, we wouldn't of found out with our other 2, lol. Anyway....congrats and good luck!

Wow congrats you're so close!! Can't wait to see pics! I can't imagine waiting 40 weeks to find out boy or girl LOL, but I can definitely see doing so once we have 1 of each, so that we can are prepared with boy/girl items already...it was still a surprise to find out at 16 weeks though hahaha.

Anyway AFM - things are going well!! 22 weeks today, feeling great just tired. DH had to go last minute on a work trip today through tomorrow, and my birthday is Wednesday, so he had better be home in time LOL. My presents are sitting on the dining room table (wrapped) and I told him if he gets delayed I'm opening them without him (not really) haha. princess:

No preggo news here, though we have this funky landing in our garage near the door to the house. I've been wanting to do something with it (garage is not finished w/ drywall or anything btw) and this weekend we finally did!! Put carpet, white storage bins, coat hooks, paint, etc and it looks sooo nice. DH now wants to finish the whole garage but it's not going to happen anytime soon that's for sure!

Thank you all. When I told everyone it was pretty funny... I told my dad and stepmom, my mom and the IL's all at seperate times and none of them had their reading glasses on so no one could read what the picture said. So at all 3 occasions there was a lot of squinting, and asking what it said.

But of course everyone was so excited. Although DH's mom threw the wrapping paper at me. Not really sure where that came from... Maybe she thought it would be easier to get rid of me with only 1 kid? :rotfl2:

Hope everyone is doing well. I went for a followup ultrasound last Wednesday (they checked the baby's growth as I have high bp and diabetes) she looks great. She weighs 1 lb 13 ounces and is at 60% for growth. My doctor hopes that since high bp causes low birthweight and diabetes causes big babies that she will end up in the middle.

How is everyone else doing?

Jeez I just had my son 3 weeks ago! Planning his first trip to Disney within the next year! Just stumbled across this thread today!

His name is Asher Elias(yes ik the Disney reference, it was planned) and he was my peanut baby at 6lbs 10oz. He is now 7lbs 8oz...Pregnancy was uneventful, however the last 5 days were not, and I had to be induced a week early due to having very little amniotic fluid. Scary stuff...But my boy is happy and healthy and that is all that matters!

And last night, his cousin Caelin Avery was born and she weighed in at 7lbs even.

Congrats to everyone on here who is expecting or has already had their babies!!!

Just returned from our vacation to the world! We took the 6 kiddos and we drove the 3400 miles roundtrip in our swagger wagon. I had anticipated the drive to be the most difficult as I had expected my back to be bothersome or my belly to feel cramped but that part was fine and the children were awesome on the ride too!:thumbsup2 The difficult part was the walking in the parks, my feet and legs were incredibly swollen...painfully swollen and I took lots of breaks. They became a source of lots of jokes...Mom's "Cankles" and elephant feet. Ugh. It hurt! Also, it was so HOT, in the mid-90's so I was drinking tons of water and peeing TONS...I must have peed in every bathroom in DisneyWorld this week. It was a great vacation and I'm so glad we went but I'm not sure I would do it again pregnant. I love rides and I wasn't able to experience it with the kiddos so there was a lot of waiting around in very hot weather...not so much fun. BUT...the kiddos had a great time and really...it's all about them! :love: Planning our next vacation when this little one will be almost 3.:goodvibes

I'm about 9 weeks pregnant! Excited, and scared, and nervous! We live pretty far from WDW so I'm not sure when we'll get there with baby. Hubby wants to wait till baby is old enough to remember it. My first trip was when I was 5, hubby's at age 3. All he remembers about that trip was Goofy messing up his new haircut, his parents making him sleep in a hotel crib and his feet stuck out, and his dad walking him to a soda machine in the middle of the night and getting him a soda. I remember most of my trip at age 5, but it seems a shame for us to miss going to one of our favorite places because baby's not old enough to remember. ;) Hubby says, "leave baby with grandma!" and I say, "bring a mommy's helper!"

I'm about 9 weeks pregnant! Excited, and scared, and nervous! We live pretty far from WDW so I'm not sure when we'll get there with baby. Hubby wants to wait till baby is old enough to remember it. My first trip was when I was 5, hubby's at age 3. All he remembers about that trip was Goofy messing up his new haircut, his parents making him sleep in a hotel crib and his feet stuck out, and his dad walking him to a soda machine in the middle of the night and getting him a soda. I remember most of my trip at age 5, but it seems a shame for us to miss going to one of our favorite places because baby's not old enough to remember. ;) Hubby says, "leave baby with grandma!" and I say, "bring a mommy's helper!"

Go before baby is 3 because they're free! Every age is magical at Disney. If it's a once in a lifetime trip, then wait til they're older. If it's something you'll do every year or every other, go whenever.

We can only afford to go every 4 years or so, and there are so many places I want us to go, Disney will be one of many family trips. This baby better like to travel because he/she is going where ever we go!

Hey all very excited here. I get to fix up a part of my bedroom fOr our little girl! Our bedroom is pretty big and we have a whole area for a nursery so tomorrow I am peeling wall paper. I have the lion king bedding and we are painting the walls tan with a white trim. Also finally decided on a name Makenna Faith. :hippie:

I'm 29 weeks pregnant with #4, a baby girl. I've been on hospital or home bedrest since 23 weeks. My goal is to have a scheduled c-section at 37 weeks (week after Thanksgiving).

Since this is #4, I'm not having a baby shower. I have everything I need, except for a few girly things and clothes, because I had #3 last December. My family will all buy something for the new baby at Christmas.

We don't have definite plans for another WDW trip. We had considered a trip for the 2 older kids in April, but will be building a larger house so that's out for now. I'm thinking a trip in 2013 after the Fantasyland expansion may work. The kids would be 6, 6, 2, and 1.

Hi ladies!!

Please help me! For some reason, this is a HUGE issue in my head! LOL!

I send out a funny Christmas letter each year, usually mid-December. Its a memo to Santa from one of his elves, usually Elf #44. In it, the elf tells what has happened to our family during the year, throwing in some elf humor along the way. Its very cute, I've been told, and many people tell me they look forward to reading it every year.

Here's my dilemma:

The baby will come around mid-December.

Do I send out my regular Christmas memo from the elf saying are expecting a baby any day, then follow up with birth announcements after Christmas? Announcements go to everyone on my Christmas list.

Or, do I send a postcard from the elf to Santa where the elf will say he's just so busy helping us get ready for the new baby that he'll send a complete memo after Christmas, then do a regular newsletter and enclose a birth announcement the week following Christmas?

Or, is it cheesy to put them in the same envelope? Hey, a mama's gotta save money, right?!?

Or....what? And why the heck is this such a big, tough decision for me?!?

Here's to hoping some really organized and wise mamas have some advice for me!!

Hope everyone's feeling well!!

Congrats on your pregnancies ladies! I'm 15 weeks due March 25 this will be our 4th. Never been to Disneyworld but planning a trip for 2013 we live out west so Disneyland is our playground. looking at going back to the land in Dec 2011 for our 1st winter trip so LO will be about 9 months. Best thing is I'll finally get to be a SAHM yay! Will probably have a baby shower I have nothing left as my current youngest is 4 ( thought we were done lol). Hoping for a healthy baby no preference on boy or girl, next ultrasound will be at 20 weeks

Hi Dunbarfamiky, I'd probably send the letter a little late with the birth announcement inside, like a picture announcement. I'm thrifty though, and that's a lot of stamps to go through if it's for the same people. I've been known to hand out Xmas cards at Thanksgiving....

I'm due in late January and will probably send put Xmas cards early and birth announcements in early Febuary. I'm cutting my list down, though.

We are expecting DD#2 on January 16th. We have the April 2012 DCL Hawaiian cruise booked (I booked a TBA infant--even picked the right gender!) in early April 2011 when we were still "trying" and before I was even pregnant. Soooo, that means we will be taking our 5 year old DD and our new 14'ish week infant on "Mickey's Boat" in April. We are all so excited!

Hey all! I'm pregnant with my first. He's due on valentines day, and I'm already thinking of trip dates to get his first hair cut!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter