Preferred Location at VWL?

Swistakfam

Mouseketeer
Hi all... we are staying at VWL for the first time in September.. is there a certain location that is better than others? I would like to put this on our reguests. Thanks for your helpツ

Hi all... we are staying at VWL for the first time in September.. is there a certain location that is better than others? I would like to put this on our reguests. Thanks for your helpツ

VWL is a small resort and most of the views are trees. A few get a peek of the lake through the trees and some get a bit of a pool view from the villas pool. Otherwise, it's quiet without much of a view.

Deb & Bill said:
VWL is a small resort and most of the views are trees. A few get a peek of the lake through the trees and some get a bit of a pool view from the villas pool. Otherwise, it's quiet without much of a view.

Thanks for your help. This is our first time staying at this resort and we ate really excited!!

Haven't there been complaints of a 'dumpster view'?

The perfect room location at VWL are the rooms that enter off the main atrium. The one side have a view of the villas pool area and the 2BR have a larger dining/living room area. There is also a section that have pool views...maybe 10-12 varied units. The rest is all woods view.

The perfect room location at VWL are the rooms that enter off the main atrium. The one side have a view of the villas pool area and the 2BR have a larger dining/living room area. There is also a section that have pool views...maybe 10-12 varied units. The rest is all woods view.

How do you request them? By direction? By room numbers?

can't you request a Villa close to the main building? I think there is an option to do that when you do online check-in.

How do you request them? By direction? By room numbers?

When I do my reservations, I always request an "atrium view room". I get it most of the time but I always make my reservations at the 11 month mark so I presume that it is first request, first served IF it will be available. We always stay there for 7-8 days and I imagine that helps also.

Haven't there been complaints of a 'dumpster view'?

A few studios at the end of the wing on the side away from the lake can see the service area.

The last time I poked my head out there to look there were a couple of deer staring back at me. :goodvibes

can't you request a Villa close to the main building? I think there is an option to do that when you do online check-in.

The villas building is very close to the main lodge. There is only one elevator bank which is central in the building. So "close to the main building" might mean you are a long way down the hallway.

The villas building is very close to the main lodge. There is only one elevator bank which is central in the building. So "close to the main building" might mean you are a long way down the hallway.

In the section with the rooms closest to the main building, there are 2 2BR units and 2 1BR units on the bus side and 3 1BR units and 2 studios on the pool side ( each floor) before you get to the atrium/lobby. The other side of the atrium has up to 6 2BR units and this is where you get the long hallways. Floorplans are available at www.dvcnews.com

tgropp said:
In the section with the rooms closest to the main building, there are 2 2BR units and 2 1BR units on the bus side and 3 1BR units and 2 studios on the pool side ( each floor) before you get to the atrium/lobby. The other side of the atrium has up to 6 2BR units and this is where you get the long hallways. Floorplans are available at www.dvcnews.com

We are staying in a studio, this helps out a lot. Looks like a get what you get situation to me. I'm just excited to stay at VWLe!

When I do my reservations, I always request an "atrium view room". I get it most of the time but I always make my reservations at the 11 month mark so I presume that it is first request, first served IF it will be available. We always stay there for 7-8 days and I imagine that helps also.

I agree that is a good request. The one time we stayed there we were in the atrium area and had a view of the quiet pool & a partial lake view.

I don't think DVC has a formal first request in, first served anymore. Their last system was room ready, trying to match ready rooms with early check-in times.

Hi all - I was wondering if you can help me. After reading this thread I asked for a room with either a deck or patio with an Atrium View & this is the response I received:

All of the rooms at THE VILLAS AT DISNEY'S WILDERNESS Lodge will have
either a balcony or a patio for the rooms on the first floor. None of
the rooms have an Atrium View.

Please let me know how to proceed.

Thanks!

Hi all - I was wondering if you can help me. After reading this thread I asked for a room with either a deck or patio with an Atrium View & this is the response I received:

All of the rooms at THE VILLAS AT DISNEY'S WILDERNESS Lodge will have
either a balcony or a patio for the rooms on the first floor. None of
the rooms have an Atrium View.

Please let me know how to proceed.

Thanks!

None of the rooms do have an atrium view because they don't have windows out towards the atrium. Only a door. You might request centrally located in the building if they can put that as a request.

None of the rooms do have an atrium view because they don't have windows out towards the atrium. Only a door. You might request centrally located in the building if they can put that as a request.

OK I am just confused because a couple of people on this thread had said it was a nice view to ask for. I had also thought that there were a couple of rooms without a deck/patio. Do you know about that?

OK I am just confused because a couple of people on this thread had said it was a nice view to ask for. I had also thought that there were a couple of rooms without a deck/patio. Do you know about that?

The request would be for an atrium room not an atrium view because there is no such thing as Deb mentioned. Also it is only one studio that does not have a balcony or patio but from what I've heard even some of the cast members at the check-in don't realize that. If you don't have a studio reserved then you don't need to worry because there will be a balcony or patio.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter