Prayers for Barcelona

Sending out thoughts and prayers to all in Barcelona. Looks like there are probably Disney cruisers and DISSERS there with the Magic set to be back in Barcelona on the 19th. Pray everyone is safe. Barcelona has been a favorite city in our travels with DCL.

Didn't know anything happened in Barcelona. Going to check the news now. At work

Were there twice last Sept. during a B2B Med./WBTA. Loved the city. Our DCL hotel was only a few blocks away from where the vehicle(s) did the damage, near the end of La Ramblas. Horrible situation!

Were there twice last Sept. during a B2B Med./WBTA. Loved the city. Our DCL hotel was only a few blocks away from where the vehicle(s) did the damage, near the end of La Ramblas. Horrible situation!

yes, I love this city. Such beautiful art and architecture, and the people we met were wonderful.

As soon as, I saw the news I thought of DCL. Odd, cruising on my mind.

Prayers! Sending Peace.

Looking at the map of where the van was driven, it came to a stop about where we had coffee in a small shop on Las Ramblas last Sept. We also went into the market (per Rick Steves advice), passed by the terrorist...loads of people would have been around that area. We were there at around 9am, between cruises, and things were just gearing up. Barcelona takes its time waking up and hits its peak late in the day with dinner usually around 8pm. We found a number of common tourist attractions in Europe heavily guarded, but not this long shopping area.

I'm so sad about this :sad1:Loved our visit to Barcelona two years ago and would love to visit again soon. Thoughts and prayers to the victims....

I can report if anyone has been on a tour with Rainbow Barcelona (or knows anyone on a tour with them today) that all of their guides and guests are safe. I heard from Eloi, their sweetheart of an owner a little while ago.

Sending out thoughts and prayers to all in Barcelona. Looks like there are probably Disney cruisers and DISSERS there with the Magic set to be back in Barcelona on the 19th. Pray everyone is safe. Barcelona has been a favorite city in our travels with DCL.

Words cannot describe the events today. I am sailing on the Magic out of Barcelona on the 26th, Nerves are shaking slightly thinking about it.

I can report if anyone has been on a tour with Rainbow Barcelona (or knows anyone on a tour with them today) that all of their guides and guests are safe. I heard from Eloi, their sweetheart of an owner a little while ago.
That's wonderful news. Thank you for posting!

That's wonderful news. Thank you for posting!

You're welcome!

Eloi and I had communicated a LOT when I was planning my trip so in addition to being heartbroken for the whole city I was really worried about him and the guides.

Words cannot describe the events today. I am sailing on the Magic out of Barcelona on the 26th, Nerves are shaking slightly thinking about it.
Enjoy your time in Barcelona supporting that beautiful city. Enjoy what the city has to offer in ways that make you feel safe. I was talking to my 13 yr old son this morning about how he felt after so many of these attacks happening in places that we have spent time (Bardo Museum in Tunisia, Paris, Tower Bridge in London and now Las Ramblas). He said it felt strange, but that it did not make him want to stop traveling. I told him that I was happy that he still felt that way because that is what these people want; for us to live in fear and not live out our dreams and enjoy our life. Have a wonderful trip!!!

I had just finished reading my Rick Steves chapter on Las Ramblas the night before, getting ready for our WBTA in Sept. So terribly sad for this city! And for Finland, as well. It just so senseless. My prayers to all who are in Barcelona and for those who are traveling there soon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter