PotC- when did Davy Jones hologram leave?

I thought it was permanently removed after the closures to add the pirate version of the Redhead. Didn't see it in August in Disneyland or during our Sept. and Dec. trips to Disney World. I'm happy to hear this isn't the case. I wish they would bring the mermaids light effects/music back.

We rode it twice (on different days) when we were there the last week of November one time he was there and the next time he wasn't. It was the same thing on my last trip too. We love the ride so we went a couple of times and he was there one time and not the other. So my guess is sometimes he works sometimes he doesn't. I guess if he isn't working mention it to the CM's because it is likely an easy fix if they know about it.
I think he is a part-time employee.

The projection wasn't there anytime we rode last week. The audio still played, though.

My best guess is they removed it when Disneyland had the legionnaires breakout since they found it was related to an improperly maintained water cooler that was not currently in use. Disneyland determined that the mist screen was a potential hazard to guests and as a result removed the mist screen, so I wouldn't be at all surprised if the same held true at Disney World.

My best guess is they removed it when Disneyland had the legionnaires breakout since they found it was related to an improperly maintained water cooler that was not currently in use. Disneyland determined that the mist screen was a potential hazard to guests and as a result removed the mist screen, so I wouldn't be at all surprised if the same held true at Disney World.
Interesting. It’s still there at Disneyland Paris, just for comparison.

It was there in the second week November, not in the second week of December...

Last week it wasn't there (sound was, though) and the cannons didn't splash either. You heard the cannons sound but they never landed anywhere :laughing:

It's not removed. It was there a couple weeks ago when I was there. It's been off and on for a long time but it's usually working when I've been on it

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter