POTC nerds ... Where are ya?

Okay, saw the movie today. Still LOVE the Pirates franchise.

I actually did get a good look at the silver stylized hidden Mickey in Captain Jack's hair. The best shot is when he is playing with the drop of water on his fingers/hands that you realize is from the fountain of youth. They give a lot of close-up screen time to his face and you CAN see the hidden Mickey very well.

The only thing I realized after we left the show was that they didn't seem to put as much effort into the CG effects in this film. The skeleton crew and Davy Jones crew in the previous movies were really outstanding. The zombies in this one didn't do anything special nor look that scary at all. The scariest were the mermaids and even they didn't come close to the previous movie special effects/scary moments.

Did anyone else notice this too? I got to wondering if they are coasting along a bit on the Pirates name and not really putting as much money into the special effects?

Plus there were no "at sea" ship battle scenes.

Anyhow, I did enjoy the movie - and got a laugh at the very end after the final credits.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter