POTC nerds ... Where are ya?

Fantasmic23

A little nonsense now and then is relished by the
May 20th cannot come soon enough! And being the nerds that we are, my husband has already stated that we're making a whole weekend out of it ... Marathon of all the POTC movies, probably going to see the new movie a few times, etc., etc. And of course breaking out our "A Nightmare on Elm Street" DVD so we can point and laugh at Johnny Depp from way back when ("I'll punch your ugly lights out, whoever you are!"). ;)

I'll admit that we've put POTC on the back-burner for awhile. We took up with that Harry Potter months ago (in preparation for a Universal trip) and well ... :guilty: I love Butterbeer, but I miss rum.

I guess I'm one of those POTC nerds. DW and I have been counting down to May 20, too. This may just be the first movie we've actually gone to see in the theaters in a long time. We just watched COTBP for about the 20th time and AWE for about the 10th time over the weekend. DW's a bigger POTC nerd than I am, though. She's been talking about it for months.

POTC nerd here. We just bought tickets to the 12:01 AM showing and seven entire theaters are sold out. They opened an eighth (which we are in) and will continue to open other theaters as needed. The doors are opening at 10:00 pm for seating. it will be a madhouse, but I'm thrilled!!! Can't wait!! Get your tickets now!!:cool1::cool1:

I am so excited to go see it. I have been counting down the days for weeks, if not months. I am going tomorrow in the early afternoon with family.

ok so I'm suprised I haven't read any reviews of the movie here...I'm going tonight...

I went to the midnight showing last night. I loved it. I am going to go again sometime this weekend. Make sure you stay all the way through the end of the credits!!!!!! Look for a Hidden Mickey on Jack.

I guess I am amongst friends here.

Yesterday, I spent over 12 hours at the Pirates Marathon at the El Capitan Theatre. It was great and just as much fun as the marathon when the 3rd movie came out.

The El Cap did such a great job; when we entered the theatre, they had black squishy blankets for everyone, the fed us lunch and dinner and we got some really cool swag.

Today at work, we had Pirates day and everyone got a free POTC4 cupcake.

I'm a total pirate nerd. DH took the day off so we could go see the movie. We also gave the kids the option to stay home from school so they could see it (gasp!). DD, 12, didn't want to because she's not a pirates fan, but DS, 9, did.

LOVED IT!

Another POTC nerd here! DH & I went to see it tonight. We rarely go to the movies, especially since we have a 3 y/o DS. DH surprised me by having a sitter (my mom) set up for the night for our DS. I loved it. Felt like it got back to the feeling of the first movie. Only bad part - our stupid movie theatre turned off the film as soon as the credits started rolling! :confused3 Definitely worth seeing in the theatre! :thumbsup2

Make sure you stay all the way through the end of the credits!!!!!!

I've been hearing this but please tell me it doesn't have anything to do with 3D. I really don't like 3D and our local theater always has movies in both 2D and 3D so we always go see the 2D version. So if the "special" at the end of the credits is 3D I will miss it.

I've been hearing this but please tell me it doesn't have anything to do with 3D. I really don't like 3D and our local theater always has movies in both 2D and 3D so we always go see the 2D version. So if the "special" at the end of the credits is 3D I will miss it.

No, it's nothing to do with 3D.

I hate 3D and have no desire to see any movies in it.

Nope nothing to do with 3D. Our theater (well the one I go to) has the 3 versions, Imax/3D, 3D, and the 2D version.

My DS & I saw it this afternoon & loved it. :thumbsup2 Good story - mermaids were really something. We stayed until after the credits too - surprised so many people left the theatre as soon as the credits rolled.

I loved it.Felt like it got back to the feeling of the first movie.
I felt the exact same way ^^

i got back a few hours ago from seeing it, i thought it was great!! was the hidden mickey a silhouette or a regular mickey? the mermaids were pretty awesome i keep hearing jolly sailor bold in my head :) .Because of the new characters introduced i think it made a great movie for those who havnt even seen the pirates movie i kinda found it refreshing that will and elizabeth and others wernt in the film though i do miss the two pirates pintel an ragetti. i thought penelope was gunna irritate me in the film but she wasnt awfull. besides the first pirates film this one is right up there with it for me :)
(sorry for any spelling errors :/ )

I was sent this in my email a couple of weeks ago.

Wow - based on that picture I would NEVER notice that in the movie unless it is from a different angle or lighting. I couldn't really tell what it was even having it pointed out. Thanks for the link! Maybe they'll have something like this on the DVD special features.

Now I will just sit back and enjoy the movie without trying to find something I would miss anyhow.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter