• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Post your pictures of Disney Dining Food Here... Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everything looks so good. I have to subscribe to keep reminding myself of all the good things I can eat in a year, and that all this dieting will be worth it:laughing:

DSCN0063.jpg

Figaro fries from Pinocchio's Village Haus
My favorite! :cloud9:

The meatloaf had a great taste, but it was slightly cold. I'm sure this isn't the norm, though. Everything had a great flavor that we ordered!

Just an FYI for everyone. I have worked and managed in the food service industry for more than 15 years. I am also safe-serve certified.

Please, never accept "hot" food that is cold. Hot food should be a minimum of 140 degrees when served. Otherwise there is danger of bacteria that can make you seriously ill with botulisim. And it is commonly referred to as food poisoning. Always send it back and asked for a fresh plate. Do not accept it "warmed up".

Thanks,
Winnie

Just an FYI for everyone. I have worked and managed in the food service industry for more than 15 years. I am also safe-serve certified.

Please, never accept "hot" food that is cold. Hot food should be a minimum of 140 degrees when served. Otherwise there is danger of bacteria that can make you seriously ill with botulisim. And it is commonly referred to as food poisoning. Always send it back and asked for a fresh plate. Do not accept it "warmed up".

Thanks,
Winnie

Actually the holding temperature is 140 degrees; all foods being held as hot should be kept at a minimum of 140 degrees and cold food must be kept below 41 degrees. The range in between these temperatures is called the temperature danger zone where the growth of micro-organisms is most likely to occur. Now, with all that said, the meatloaf can be perfectly safe to eat at cooler temperatures, but it depends on how long it has been in the "zone". Foods kept in the "zone" are limited to four hours of exposure and should be discarded after that (prime examples are buffet items). Most restaurants minimize the time food is exposed to the "zone" but you, as a customer, have no way of assuring this rule is followed........sometimes we just have trust the restaurant. Nearly all cases of food poisoning actually are contracted from improperly handled food from home, not restaurants. If you think a restaurant has made you sick check with a local health department or hospital because if you got real food poisoning other people will also contract it. If you are in a party of five and one eats the chicken and gets sick it could be food poisoning, so if your friend gets sick from the chicken, others who ate the chicken will also get sick.

Serving cold food may not be a good practice for a restaurant, but being cold does not immediately mean it is wrought with botulinum though. I would bet the food at WDW does not have the chance to sit for four hours in the "zone" since the food moves so fast, but if you are concerned send it back. Funny thing is people get worried about this at a restaurant, but they will keep eating those leftovers at Thanksgiving that sit out all day.

Just FYI, and for full disclosure, I am a professional chef and I am ServSafe certified also.

:thumbsup2

Actually the holding temperature is 140 degrees; all foods being held as hot should be kept at a minimum of 140 degrees and cold food must be kept below 41 degrees. The range in between these temperatures is called the temperature danger zone where the growth of micro-organisms is most likely to occur. Now, with all that said, the meatloaf can be perfectly safe to eat at cooler temperatures, but it depends on how long it has been in the "zone". Foods kept in the "zone" are limited to four hours of exposure and should be discarded after that (prime examples are buffet items). Most restaurants minimize the time food is exposed to the "zone" but you, as a customer, have no way of assuring this rule is followed........sometimes we just have trust the restaurant. Nearly all cases of food poisoning actually are contracted from improperly handled food from home, not restaurants. If you think a restaurant has made you sick check with a local health department or hospital because if you got real food poisoning other people will also contract it. If you are in a party of five and one eats the chicken and gets sick it could be food poisoning, so if your friend gets sick from the chicken, others who ate the chicken will also get sick.

Serving cold food may not be a good practice for a restaurant, but being cold does not immediately mean it is wrought with botulinum though. I would bet the food at WDW does not have the chance to sit for four hours in the "zone" since the food moves so fast, but if you are concerned send it back. Funny thing is people get worried about this at a restaurant, but they will keep eating those leftovers at Thanksgiving that sit out all day.

Just FYI, and for full disclosure, I am a professional chef and I am ServSafe certified also.

:thumbsup2
I agree with this, and I'm certified also. :thumbsup2

From our December '07 trip:

Cape May dinner buffet:
47b7cc31b3127cceb1fd0b709a2d00000025108CbtmLlszae

47b7cc31b3127cceb1fd0b7d1b1000000026108CbtmLlszae

Goofy's Candy Co:
47b7cc31b3127cceb1fd0b529a0f00000025108CbtmLlszae

POFQ Food court, Beignets and yogurt parfait:
47b7cc31b3127cceb1fe8ba37b5a00000026108CbtmLlszae

Pastries from the Patisserie in France:
47b7cc31b3127cceb1fe8bad7b5400000026108CbtmLlszae

Gelato in Italy:
47b7cc31b3127cceb1fe8ba97b5000000025108CbtmLlszae

Frankfurter and apple strudel in Germany:
47b7cc31b3127cceb1fe8b977b6e00000025108CbtmLlszae

Tusker House breakfast:
47b7cc31b3127cceb1fe14803bae00000026108CbtmLlszae

Brownie Sundae at 50's Prime Time:
47b8df37b3127cceb399b7221b2800000025108CbtmLlszae

Breakfast at the Main St. Bakery:
47b8df37b3127cceb399b7199a2300000026108CbtmLlszae

Tony's Town Square:
47b8df37b3127cceb399b7081b0200000026108CbtmLlszae

47b8df37b3127cceb399b7f79acd00000026108CbtmLlszae

47b8df37b3127cceb399ceec5b4200000025108CbtmLlszae

47b8df37b3127cceb399cee85b4600000026108CbtmLlszae

Boatwrights:
47b8df37b3127cceb399c4f2da6900000026108CbtmLlszae

47b8df37b3127cceb399c4f15b5a00000026108CbtmLlszae

The Plaza:
47b8df37b3127cceb399c4e75b4c00000025108CbtmLlszae

Kona Cafe:
47b8df37b3127cceb399ec0b5bb400000026108CbtmLlszae

47b8df37b3127cceb399ecf75b4800000026108CbtmLlszae

Our trip last week!:

Boatwrights at POR: (banana stuffed french toast and eggs benedict)

diningboatwrights.jpg

diningboatwrights2.jpg

Rice Crispy treat from Goofy's:

dininggoofytreat.jpg

Columbia Harbor House:

diningharborhouse.jpg

Hoop Dee Doo:

dininghddr4.jpg

LeCellier Duck Confit/Cheese Soup:

dininglecellier4.jpg

And the maple fillet:
dininglecellier5.jpg

And the chocolate whiskey cake:
dininglecellier6.jpg

SciFi Dine In beef and bleu salad:

diningscifibeefnbleusalad.jpg

And the shrimp pasta:
diningscifishrimppasta.jpg

Tangerine Cafe Chicken/Lamb platter:

diningtangerinecafe.jpg

Wolfgang Puck Express BBQ Chicken Salad:

diningwolfgangpuckbbqchxsalad.jpg

Yak and Yeti CS Honey Chicken and Kung Pao Beef:

diningyaknyetihoneychicken.jpg

diningyaknyetikungpaobeef.jpg

Fiesta Margarita in Mexico:

diningmargarita.jpg

Grand Marnier and Grey Goose slushes in France:

DiningEpcotslushies.jpg

And of course a Dole Whip Float:

dining-dolewhip.jpg

Can someone please post pictures of their meal at Tutto Italia, the new TS restuarant in the Italian Pavilon in Epcot.

Our trip last week!:

Boatwrights at POR: (banana stuffed french toast and eggs benedict)

diningboatwrights.jpg

How was the banana stuffed french toast? I wonder if it's anything like the tonga toast at Poly?
We are staying at POR in May and we are looking forward to trying Boatwrights. Thanks for posting!

By the way, cute Boston Terrier!!! :)

How was the banana stuffed french toast? I wonder if it's anything like the tonga toast at Poly?
We are staying at POR in May and we are looking forward to trying Boatwrights. Thanks for posting!

By the way, cute Boston Terrier!!! :)

It was pretty good, although a *tad* too sweet for my typical breakfast palate. From what I'm told its the same as Tonga Toast, except for the strawberry sauce. I've never eaten at the poly so I can't confirm this 100%. FYI: don't order the bacon! It tasted more like jerky than bacon to me.

That's Jackson (the boston). He's great but getting up there in years. Yours is adorable too!

waughzee:
Your Tony's meal looks good what and how was it?

For appetizers, DS had the mixed greens salad and I had the tomato/mozzarella salad. For our entree, DS had the Bianca Flatbread and I had the Meatball Submarine. We shared the Amaretto Cheesecake for dessert.

I have never heard good things about Tony's, but based on a recommendation from a friend, we gave it a try and were pleasantly surprised! Everything was delicious and we would not hesitate to go back here!

Liberty Tree Tavern Salad
DSCF4148.jpg

Hollywood & Vine
DSCF4432.jpg

Cape May Cafe and my son eating clams for the first time
DSCF4421.jpg

Seashore Sweets
DSCF4412.jpg

For the new Cape May picture posters - how was the dinner? Would you return?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter