***Post Your MNSSHP Costume Ideas***

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a question that is probably going to seem kind of silly...but if you can't ask silly questions on the Disboards, where can you??? :)

My husband and I are planning to go MNSSHP in October 2015. And of course, I'm already planning costumes. I'm pretty set on going as Rapunzel and Flynn, but I want "simplified" costumes that will be comfortable. So for Rapunzel, I was thinking about possibly wearing a tutu instead of a full out dress (with leggings underneath). I'm thinking along the lines of what some marathon runners wear for things like the Princess marathon.

Soooo...my question is...am I going to be the only 30 year old in the parks with a tutu on or is that a relatively common costume piece? This is just my introvert nature showing and I can't help but be anxious about looking ridiculous. *blush* I've never actually worn a tutu in my life so I'm not even sure it will be comfortable or just be in the way the whole time!

I too am already planning our trip for october 15 and i've already started making costumes for the kids :) I'm thinking outside the box!!! Gotta top my previous years lol But you will NOT look weird. TONS of adults young and old dress up for the party lol. the one thing I want to point out is that you don't know what temperature it will be. Hit or miss in october. We were there in 2012 in october. Days were warm for the most part (some times a chill in the air) but night it got chilly. My daughter and son went as Cinderella and Prince Charming. Good thing I made her a matching cape it came in handy. And my son wore long underwear under his costume to keep warm. I just don't know if tutu and tights will be very warm if its a chilly night :)

DSC00809.jpg

DSC00746.jpg

I have a question that is probably going to seem kind of silly...but if you can't ask silly questions on the Disboards, where can you??? :)

My husband and I are planning to go MNSSHP in October 2015. And of course, I'm already planning costumes. I'm pretty set on going as Rapunzel and Flynn, but I want "simplified" costumes that will be comfortable. So for Rapunzel, I was thinking about possibly wearing a tutu instead of a full out dress (with leggings underneath). I'm thinking along the lines of what some marathon runners wear for things like the Princess marathon.

Soooo...my question is...am I going to be the only 30 year old in the parks with a tutu on or is that a relatively common costume piece? This is just my introvert nature showing and I can't help but be anxious about looking ridiculous. *blush* I've never actually worn a tutu in my life so I'm not even sure it will be comfortable or just be in the way the whole time!

Nope! Lots of adults dress up or coordinate tutus into their looks. Not a worry!

I have a question that is probably going to seem kind of silly...but if you can't ask silly questions on the Disboards, where can you??? :) My husband and I are planning to go MNSSHP in October 2015. And of course, I'm already planning costumes. I'm pretty set on going as Rapunzel and Flynn, but I want "simplified" costumes that will be comfortable. So for Rapunzel, I was thinking about possibly wearing a tutu instead of a full out dress (with leggings underneath). I'm thinking along the lines of what some marathon runners wear for things like the Princess marathon. Soooo...my question is...am I going to be the only 30 year old in the parks with a tutu on or is that a relatively common costume piece? This is just my introvert nature showing and I can't help but be anxious about looking ridiculous. *blush* I've never actually worn a tutu in my life so I'm not even sure it will be comfortable or just be in the way the whole time!

You rock that tutu girl! I had mine on in Oct 2013 and had so much fun. Just me and Hubby, no kids, had a blast being dressed up at the MNSSHP! He was a pirate, I was a witch. We met characters (they loved our costumes) and trick or treated. Going next year hopefully, already making my tutu for my Sulley costume. DH going to be Mike. So excited. And we are in our 30's and 40's.

I think it will look awesome, I can't wait for next halloween trip I had so much fun this year that i'm definitely doing the same costume next year.

I was searching for MNSSHP costume ideas and found this thread. Bringing it back :) I love seeing all the pictures! I'm planning WAY ahead because I'm cool like that. I've got 3 little girls which makes planning matching costumes tricky. I know we don't have to match, but DH will more willingly dress up if the whole family matches. All 3 girls are at least a little girly, so if we were to do a princess movie, they'd all fight over who got to be the princess!

Right now I'm thinking we could be fairies from the Tinkerbell movies (Silvermist, Rosetta, etc.) and DH could be Hook! That way everyone gets to be pretty (including me ;) ) and DH gets to be a boy:rotfl2:

Last year DD and I went (to the DL Halloween Party) as Mrs. Incredible and Violet. I've got to figure out how to post a pic, but the costumes were really cute. When we got to the party DD(5 yrs old) was bummed because all the other girls were princesses or Elsa. As the night went on she adapted and enjoyed all the CMs calling us Helen and Violet.

This year my sister and I (with no kids!) are going to MK's Halloween party. I'm planning a Daisy Duck Costume. I have a white ruffled skirt and lavendar tank top. I'm going to find yellow tights, pink shoes/bow, long pearls, chunky bracelets, and a yellow visor. I think the shoes are going to be hardest to find because I'll need to be able to walk around MK all night. Luckily I have 7+ months to find them! My sister is going to be a similar version of Minnie.

I was searching for MNSSHP costume ideas and found this thread. Bringing it back :) I love seeing all the pictures! I'm planning WAY ahead because I'm cool like that. I've got 3 little girls which makes planning matching costumes tricky. I know we don't have to match, but DH will more willingly dress up if the whole family matches. All 3 girls are at least a little girly, so if we were to do a princess movie, they'd all fight over who got to be the princess!

Right now I'm thinking we could be fairies from the Tinkerbell movies (Silvermist, Rosetta, etc.) and DH could be Hook! That way everyone gets to be pretty (including me ;) ) and DH gets to be a boy:rotfl2:

Be sure to join my guest list thread....

http://disboards.com/threads/official-2015-mnsshp-guest-list-thread.3383734/

Some of my pics are in post 2 of that thread. Also in post 1, there are links to both the 2013 and 2014 thread. In post #1 of all 3 threads, you will find costume listings. Maybe something will inspire you. Happy planning! :)

Can't wait myself, I never posted this in my original trip report but this is what i did last year and will do again this year.
readygo2.jpg

We'll be there in October! I started working on my daughters costume last August when we booked for this October lol I just finished it Last week. I was inspired by the Electrical light parade. I thought if Belle was in the parade what would her costume look like... Here is a video, make sure to give it a few seconds when she turns it on. It swirls and blinks. :) Take a minute for the lighting circuits I used to turn on :)

I'm currently work on my DS costume, He's going to be Prince Adam (the beast as a human), I'm Sleeping beauty. All of our costumes will light up :)

We'll be there in October! I started working on my daughters costume last August when we booked for this October lol I just finished it Last week. I was inspired by the Electrical light parade. I thought if Belle was in the parade what would her costume look like... Here is a video, make sure to give it a few seconds when she turns it on. It swirls and blinks. :) Take a minute for the lighting circuits I used to turn on :)

I'm currently work on my DS costume, He's going to be Prince Adam (the beast as a human), I'm Sleeping beauty. All of our costumes will light up :)
Your dress is amazing! I always wanted to make a costume using the Electrical lights as my inspiration too! We will be going in october too and am also making our costumes too! You do beautiful work!

Your dress is amazing! I always wanted to make a costume using the Electrical lights as my inspiration too! We will be going in October too and am also making our costumes too! You do beautiful work!
Thanks! I have a thread where I posted as I was going if your interested. http://www.therpf.com/f24/disneys-belle-costume-224223/

Feel free to ask me questions there! It wasn't hard just very very very Time costuming. I'm not using as many lights on the rest of my costumes lol. Each one will have some different things going on. Like my Sleeping beauty will switch from Blue to Pink using RGB LEDs and Fiber optic fabric :teleport: I'm crazy I know.... My dream would be to work for Disney Costuming department one day lol Problem is I have absolutely NO formal sewing training. Just been sewing since I was 2 on my moms lap. All the jobs they post you need a fashion merchandising degree.

Thanks! I have a thread where I posted as I was going if your interested. http://www.therpf.com/f24/disneys-belle-costume-224223/

Feel free to ask me questions there! It wasn't hard just very very very Time costuming. I'm not using as many lights on the rest of my costumes lol. Each one will have some different things going on. Like my Sleeping beauty will switch from Blue to Pink using RGB LEDs and Fiber optic fabric :teleport: I'm crazy I know.... My dream would be to work for Disney Costuming department one day lol Problem is I have absolutely NO formal sewing training. Just been sewing since I was 2 on my moms lap. All the jobs they post you need a fashion merchandising degree.
Mine too! I am in the process of making my daughter and her friend and i the Sanderson sisters from Hocus pocus. Finished the dresses and the girls capes and Winifreds book (got it from pinterest!) I have always wanted to work with fiber optics. I was amazed when you watched the parade and the costumes changed from all white to color!

TheresaMRoberts you have given me the courage to post my picture here! Its the redhead from potc. Wore it a few years at the party and always had a blast!I don't have any formal training either. My Mom and sister taught me how to sew.

Love it!! This will be the first costume I've made for myself in the last 7 years lol I'll have to post when I'm done. I started a Winifred Sanderson a few years back never finished it lol...

the goal is to make an aurora top with a mini tulle skirt and and anna top with mini tulle skirt for me and my friend going to the first party this year ... figure this way won't be to hot and able to use it at work for halloween, figured the kids will love it

As many times as I've been to the MNSSHP, I've never dressed up. With our 2 year old going this time, I think that is going to change. I need to come up with something comfortable...I'll have to think on that. We are going to early dinner at 1900 Park Faire that day too. I'm sure the DD will be Minnie or Elsa. LOL!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter