***Post Your MNSSHP Costume Ideas***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baloo

<font color="red"><br>Laughter is the bloom<br>of
Your MNSSHP tickets are purchased,rooms,flights and dinner ressies all squared away.So DISers are you ready to TRICK OR TREAT?!?!
spook.gif
pain7.gif
spook.gif
pain7.gif

MNSSHP2004.jpg

DS Erich as Puss N Boots MNSSHP 2004

Since we're getting closer and closer to MNSSHP I thought it might be a good idea to start a sticky thread on costumes

:earsboy: Here's Disneys "official " guidlines for costumes at MNSSHP :earsboy:

They should not interfere with their ability to board and unboard attractions and WDW transportation system.

Do not drag on the ground.

Do not contain sharp or pointed objects or material that may accidentally strike another guest.

Be offensive to other guest.

Should not contain any weapon(s) which resemble or could easily be mistaken for an actual weapon.

About the last one....when Erich was a pirate he had a flexible rubber pirate knife with a skull on the end.When my boys were Ninja Turtle's one had plastic swords strapped to his back and the other the little plastic daggers in his belt.Last year as Puss N Boots Erich carried a sword.We had NO PROBLEMS at any time with these props.

vader1.gif
BALOO'S COSTUME TIPS
vader1.gif

Make sure your child's costume is COMFORTABLE and EASY to get around in. You'll be getting on and off rides and do not want anything that is cumbersome.

I also suggest something in a light weight fabric.Those of us that are accustom to Halloweens up North are use to Trick or Treating in something warm.I grew up in Indiana and it was always cold and/or raining when I was a Trick or Treater! The costumes that are sold through the Disney catalog,like Tigger or Pooh,the jump suit FUR type ones,those are really TOO HEAVY for a Halloween in Florida!The most we've ever needed at MNSSHP is a light jacket or sweatshirt.

If your little girl is going to be a Princess or something quite lovely... I know she looks adorable in those glass slippers but bring sneakers or some other comfortable shoe for her to wear.I've seen little ones dragging around crying about their feet hurting because they're in those plastic dress up shoes which are killing them!

frankie.gif
COSTUME IDEAS
frankie.gif

I make all our costumes. I just LOVE to do that! A ball cap and craft foam or felt can be turned into all sorts of creatures faces!! Let's see the costumes I can remember... DS Erich has been Mickey Mouse,a pirate ,a t-rex,a turtle,a triceratops,an Ewok,a praying manthis and last year Puss N Boots! Erich and DSS Jonathan Teenage Ninja Turtles and ,Pokemon. I make the costumes from shorts and t-shirts.Then I have a sweatshirt and sweat pants that are the same color that they can wear over the shorts and under the shirt if the night is chilly.Joe and I have worn light jackets.

If you feel like you're too old or just don't want to dress in costume for MNSSHP I have had great luck finding Disney theme Halloween t-shirts in my local Kmart,Walmarts and Targets.At WDW there are commemorative T-shirts for the MNSSHP.Or you could make your own T-shirt!

:maleficen EASY TO DO & EASY TO PACK COSTUME IDEAS :maleficen

101 Dalmatians.... You could take white shorts/pants and t-shirts and go to town with spots! Ears could be made out of felt or craft foam on ball caps (esp for the guys) or maybe headbands for the ladies. :paw:

The Mickey Mouse Club....Red pants,mouse ears,t-shirts with each ones name on it. ::MickeyMo

Baseball players...Your favorite team's jersey/t-shirt and a ball cap,shorts or sweats and sneakers.
stanico.gif

Pirate....Easy and light weight too. Black shorts or capris,striped shirt,bandana,an eye patch,a hoop earring and there ya go....arrrrrrrrrrgh matey!!! pirate:

pumpkin.gif
HALLOWEEN WEBSITES
pumpkin.gif

I did a search on Halloween costumes .I found several pretty cool sites for make your own.There are 100's of places to buy costumes online!

Halloween Costumes Easy and Cheap
http://www.robinsfyi.com/holidays/halloween/costumes.htm

Costume Idea Zone
http://www.costumeideazone.com/default.asp

Child Fun
http://childfun.com/modules.php?nam...article&sid=310

Fabric link
http://www.fabriclink.com/Closet.html

clipmasks.gif

pumpking.gif
pumpking.gif
HAPPY HAUNTING
pumpking.gif
pumpking.gif

Great ideas for costumes!

Let me suggest any summer/fall sport uniform would do. Wear your little league softball/baseball, or soccer, even family bowling shirts! My 7 yr DD plans on wearing her cheerleading uniform for this season 2nd grade flag football league.

From experience the "could be offensive to others" means can it get by the CMs/security at the entrance.We bought DS (9) a zombie costume from the Florida mall,every body on the ferry across thought that it was really cool but unfortunately the CM didn't! She in fact wanted him to take off the whole costume before entering & it was only when we explained that he only had underpants on underneath that we were allowed in but had to go to one of the Disney stores on mainstreet to buy a T-shirt & shorts! i wouldn't have minded so much if we hadn't seen a lot scarier costumes later on !
SD :paw:

My family (dh,ds9,ds7,ds2 and myself) will be going as characters from Hercules. DS7 will be Hercules, DS9 will be Hades, DS2 will be Pegasus, DH will be Zues and I will be Meg (if I can ever figure a wig out :confused3 ). The costumes are 95% done and I'll get everyone to try them on again soon so I can post pictures.

Deb

I found a cute Minnie Mouse costume and bought it, I tried it on when it came and I CANNOT wear it. I look like a floozy Minnie Mouse! My DH on the other hand thinks its ahem... :earseek: "hot" :earseek: . I think he needs new glasses. :rotfl2:

So I ordered a "nice" Minnie Costume from Disney Direct. I found an ebay seller that is going to make a dress and pantaloons for my DD.
no-way-08-13-2005-01.jpg

We live up in the Northeast and know very well what it is like to find a costume large enough so you can have many layers or your heavy coat underneath. I remember a few times when I was a kid trick or treating when it was snowing out.... IMAGINE! :rotfl:

DD Morgan will be the Queen of Hearts. With our hot and humid summer I had her do a few test runs with the costume to make sure she was ok in it and not to hot or uncomfortable. And not itchy with a tank top and shorts on underneath.

DD Brianna is going to be dressed from a masquarade ball. Her dress was a prom dress from the clearence rack at Filene's and also had a test run at her semi-formal in the un-airconditioned school gym.

Now to work on mine and DH's costumes! :Pinkbounc

This year we are doing the MMC thing and on the back I am putting Happy Birthday Herbie on it for my dad's birthday... which we are celebrating that night.

Last year - and easy idea for anyone with that simple blakc cocktail dress we all are supposted to have in our closet --- Add a witches hat, and witch type necklace and spiderweb stockings and you ahve a great simple witches costume.

Have fun see all of you there on the 21st!
Laura

Shooby doo said:
From experience the "could be offensive to others" means can it get by the CMs/security at the entrance.We bought DS (9) a zombie costume from the Florida mall,every body on the ferry across thought that it was really cool but unfortunately the CM didn't! She in fact wanted him to take off the whole costume before entering & it was only when we explained that he only had underpants on underneath that we were allowed in but had to go to one of the Disney stores on mainstreet to buy a T-shirt & shorts! i wouldn't have minded so much if we hadn't seen a lot scarier costumes later on !
SD :paw:

WOW! I don't think it should be up to each individual CM at the entrance! It's not that I'm planning any bizarre costumes for my 3 DSs, but, let's face it, just about ANYTHING can be offensive to SOMEONE! (Sorry--I get ticked living here in Amish-ville where everything about Halloween is considered "evil".)

DS 5 plans on being Harry Potter...is that going to be offensive to WDW since it's a rival studio? :-) ---can't seem to get the sarcastic looking Smiley here!

I'm going as Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz. I've got the dress, now all I need to do is put some glitter on my shoes, find a dog from somewhere, and work out the hairstyle! :rolleyes:

I'm a bit worried, because I'll be there by myself, and looking at Baloo's photo, there aren't too many people in costume in the photo. Do you think I'll feel a bit odd being in complete costume? Can anyone reassure me?

TIA! :)

There are adults there in costume... We saw one guy who was there in one of the Sully costumes from Monsters Inc... also we saw a couple that was there in those air costumes -- like the snowman people put in their from yard that is blown up witha fan that contsantly runs- they has costumers like that --- you won't be the only adult in a costume. If you are there on the same day I will be (21st) we will be in costumes :)

have fun! and don't forget to post photos!!!

Laura

Hubby and I are going as Home Renovaters - we ordered the Trading Spaces smocks from discovery.com, and we'll wear them with jeans. Hubby will add a tool belt with some toy tools, and I'll put a cute bandada in my hair to match the smock :)

My DD17 is going as Batman, but done her way - she'll wear a batman t-shirt, shorts, knee socks with sneakers, and a bat mask of some description. Let's just say she's never been one to do anything the regular way ;)

Do adults usually dress up or not? I wasn't planning to, because I just want to enjoy myself without worrying about a costume, but I don't want to be the only schmuck NOT dressed either.

:earboy2:

LiteBrite - What night are you going on? If you're going on Oct 2, then there'll be another team of Trading Spacers there! SShhhh! Don't tell anyone else our idea so maybe we'll be the only ones there . . . ;) :teeth:

I haven't found the website that I got the Tading Spaces idea from, but here's another website with ideas: family costumes

I remember some other ideas for groups were things like the cast of Survivor (almost did that one), going as a royal flush (each member a different playing card from a 10 up to an ace), going as a rainbow (each person dresses as a color from head to toe), oh where was that website? . . . I'll keep looking.

PigSoldier... I'm a bit worried, because I'll be there by myself, and looking at Baloo's photo, there aren't too many people in costume in the photo. Do you think I'll feel a bit odd being in complete costume? Can anyone reassure me?

That picture was taken about 5pm,before the actual MK 6pm closing time that evening and well before the party got into full swing. I promise you won't feel out of place at all!!!
vampy.gif

can'twait...Do adults usually dress up or not? More adults are NOT in costume than wearing one although there are alot in Halloween themed t-shirt.If ya don't want to wear anything Halloweenie you'll be just fine!!
hmm3grin1orange.gif

The last time we went, my little sister dressed up as Nala. (We are 20 yrs apart) I hadnt dressed up for halloween in ages but she begged me so I just threw on some khaki safari type garb and wore one of those plush minnie ear safari hats.
This year she will be Lilo so my mother and I will just go with the hawaiian theme..or we will wear halloween tshirts depending on how manipulative my sister is LOL

Luv2Travel said:
LiteBrite - What night are you going on? If you're going on Oct 2, then there'll be another team of Trading Spacers there! SShhhh! Don't tell anyone else our idea so maybe we'll be the only ones there . . . ;) :teeth:

It may very well be the 2nd when we're there - I'm still trying to figure out if that would work better, or the 30th of September. If we go on the 2nd, I'll definitely be on the lookout for you! If you see a tall, good-looking blonde man with a little beard and a crazy curly redhead in red TS shirts, that'll be us!

DH and I are going on 10/31 and totally dressing up. I'm going to be Cleopatra, and he's going as a Wraith from Stargate Atlantis. He's happily assembling his costume even now, giddlily waiting for his special alien-eye contact lenses to arrive.

We're silly :)

The only thing that worries me is the transport issue; his "armor" is bulky, and we're flying down. I told him he might have to wear it on the plane ;)

My DSis and I are going Oct.2. We're going as Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum. Haven't figured out who is who yet! :rotfl:

Oh, I love Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum!

I'll look for you all, as we are going on the 2nd too!

Yippee!

:banana:

We are Oct 2nd party goes too. Hey maybe we could all go as DIS board addicts...

A few easy ideas-

A tour group. One person wears a big name tag as Tour Guide and carries a sign that is some bright color and says "follow me" make it stop sign style with a paint mixing stick as a handle. Make matching tee shirts with some witty saying (we are still working on that part).

Slight variation: same as above but on a "Hitch Hikers Guide to the Universe tour"- add a 'book' with words "don't panic" on the cover and any little additions to make yourself more alien (3rd eye, extra head). Matching tee shirts again. (this is the one DH is pulling for)

Muggles/squibs- just wear whatever and be a muggle or a squib. OK no one will know you are dressed up...

Ghosts ala Harry Potter books. Baby powder all over your clothing and hair is a good effect. :wizard: (kids are fond of this idea)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter