• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Post your hilariously bad Disney tips/advice!

I wonder if that would still be the case thesedays. There's a lot of ebay sellers and I've read that stuff frequently sells out sometimes coming back quickly in stock sometimes weeks later.

This was within the last couple of years. I believe Disney caught on to the Ebay sellers. I think they figured out if they make the popcorn buckets very limited it only serves to benefit EBay resellers. It really doesn't help most Disney fans or Disney itself. I think they just produce enough buckets to meet demand now.

Try to cram in as many rides and other activities as possible, planning every minute of the day. There is no need to allow room for spontaneity or rest.

Yep - and if your group doesn't have at least one "magical melt-down" per day, you're not doing it right. :earboy2:

My absolute favorite Disney advice (that's true) was a random statement by someone on these boards:
There's nothing magical about being exhausted.

I liked it so much I got permission to put it in my signature, which I think still shows up if you're on a desktop.

My absolute favorite Disney advice (that's true) was a random statement by someone on these boards:
There's nothing magical about being exhausted.

I liked it so much I got permission to put it in my signature, which I think still shows up if you're on a desktop.
Love it... Except our "magical melt down" involved running to the bathroom with my son and finding all of the stalls full.... I'll let you fill in the rest.
Our very first trip to Disney was a single day at DLR. We walked up around 10:00 am, bought our tickets and just let the day take us. It was truly magical and the fulfillment of dreams for all of us. The next year we planned a big trip to WDW, researched like maniacs, paid for a customized commando touring plan and hit it hard at rope-drop. By noon the first day, the entire thing was off the rails and we were crestfallen. By Day 3 we had the good sense to throw the plan out the window and get back to being "us".
pixiedust: We have fond memories of both trips and learned A LOT. Hence, I'm very careful about giving anybody advice regarding Disney trips - everything depends on the individuals, their style and expectations.

The Magic Kingdom ferry boats that run between the parking lot and the main entrance are on a track. Have you ever seen them turn around? Well there you go

The Walt Disney World monorails are classified as farm equipment otherwise they would require a license plate and vehicle registration.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter