Post your favorite nightime and fireworks photos

We call our cat Stinkerbell, it works. LOL
Jas, what a GREAT shot of the Wheel!!!!! LOVE it!!!
Marcie that's a neat shot of the teacups!!! I could totally see it because the cups are at the bottom of the photo. :)

disneyjuly260.jpg

great pics. stinkerkitty. bad kitty as cartman says on south park! (the early yrs)

Oh really ?? I commend you for being able to take photos in the mix of the crowd! I don't even try when I'm down there because its too frustrating!! :thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

:headache:Frustrating it is! Especially when people's body parts get in the way of your shot or suddenly a head that wasn't there at the beginning of the show ends up in your frame. I try to keep my cool and let it go and hope that I can post process out some of it later to make it a usable photo. But I don't know nearly enough about PP as I'm just learning about it stll. I don't know anything about layers or any of that stuff. If you can direct me to some websites that teach all that stuff for free or cheap I would forever be indebited. :worship: Thanks!

love this pic hey so I am thinking of getting a travel size tripod i could put in a backpack eventually any good reasonable priced ones for a d40? and where was the pic taken from what area love the pics !!!! so cant wait til oct :)

Hi stitch1986! Thanks for the compliment. I just bought a used Velbon Luxi F tripod from a seller on Fred Miranda dot com. It's a great travel tripod. They sell similar tripods on Amazon. Look for Velbon Luxi. I believe the new ones are Luxi L or Luxi M. These are around $150 and have twist legs which are okay. It makes it lighter to carry, but you have to double check that the legs are tight when you open them up. I also have another Velbon Carbon Fiber tripod that I used when I took this particular photo. This one has the traditional snap closure type things that lock the legs in place and is rock solid. I think it was a velbon 530 or something like that. Sorry I'm on the road and don't have it in front of me to check. It weighs a little more than the Luxi F, but honestly I found it easier to set up than the Luxi F. (I used the Luxi on my last trip which is still ongoing...) :rolleyes1
Also, I have removed the traditional Pan head on both tripods and use my Manfrotto Ball Head -- 486RC2. It's pretty solid.
The Luxi F is definitely travel sized and can fit in a backpack. It folds down to 13 inches. So the compromise is it takes a little longer to set up, but can easily be carried in a bag. The other one I use is too big to put in a backpack, but came with it's own carrying bag. I ended up carrying both tripods in that bag. (I brought it to hold my Luxi F on this trip even though it only filled 1/3 of the bag.) I have straps on my camera bag to attach the tripod, but I find it to cumbersome to use them. I'd rather hand carry it or throw it in the carrying bag.
Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter