Post your favorite nightime and fireworks photos

thxs for the info :)

No Problem! By the way, on my previous trip I brought along an old el cheapo lightweight Aluminum tripod made by Sunpack. (It probably cost all of $20 when I bought it 20 years ago for videography. It weighed all of about 1.5 lbs. It was so light that I felt like I had to leave my camera strap around my neck just in case a gust of wind picked up the tripod. Anyway, it worked for the vast majority of the photos and was a snap to set up. There were only a handful of long exposure in which there was some blurriness due to vibration/motion of people walking by or me bumping it. Then I'd just retake the shot. I had to hand carry it everywhere but it was so light that it didn't bother me or my husband or son who had to help carry it occasionally. :rotfl: The trade off is that it's a pain when you have to retake the shot and wear the strap constantly just in case of a fall. The upside, it's light and easy to carry. So they do have cheap, usable travel tripods. If it's too light though, I wear the strap just in case. You don't want to see your expensive brand new camera crashing to the ground.:scared1: To make it easier, make sure you look for one that has a quick release plate. You attach that to your camera and then it easily slides on and off the tripod.
Have fun!

ok cool yea cause i was looking at the gorillapod and i know they have one for themore expensive cameras that can hold the weight and was wondering if that would be good as well due to it has bendable legs? but what I am confused about the how you mentioned the quick release plate and the ball head and i have no idea what are those? is it the thing that the camera sits on?

ok cool yea cause i was looking at the gorillapod and i know they have one for themore expensive cameras that can hold the weight and was wondering if that would be good as well due to it has bendable legs? but what I am confused about the how you mentioned the quick release plate and the ball head and i have no idea what are those? is it the thing that the camera sits on?

I don't know how stable the Gorillapod is. I've heard of many people who were disappointed because to get good long exposure, low light photos, you need stability. It's not that stable. You would be better off getting a regular tripod from like WalMart or Best Buy and using it for night time photography, than using a gorillapod. Even the cheapie Walmart/Best Buy type tripods come with quick release plates that you attached to the bottom of the camera. With that, it makes it easy to go from using your camera on your tripod to steady it for low light for example, and then pulling it off to capture something else that may happened spontaneously (like your kid dancing around with a character). Without a QR Plate, you would have to literally unscrew the camera from the tripod itself every time you want to use it --and that's a PITR. W/ the QR plate, you simply flip a lever and the QR plate (and camera) are released to do whatever you want. When you're done, you simply flip the locking switch and lock the whole thing back in position. The Ball Head is easier, in my opinion, to use than a pan/tilt head, and makes the tripod lighter to carry around. The el Cheapo type tripods won't allow you to remove their pan head. (Their pan heads will come with a QR Plate however.)The Velbon tripods I cited in my first response to you have removable pan heads that allows you to swap it out with a Ball Head.

oh that doessound easier and yea the whole screwing probably will annoy me like anything :) thxs sssooo much for all the info :) i am gonna see what I can find :) and keep you posted :)

600310923_Q2piL-XL.jpg

By no means perfect since I use a Nikon Coolpix P4 point-and-shoot only, but I still love the stars projected on the castle in this one. Taken November 8, 2008.

3055489553_761b0edb68_b.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter