Post Your Favorite Cake Recipes Here....

Oh, I have printed so many of these...so many calories, so little time. :goodvibes

This is oh so simple, but very good. I always get asked for the recipe.

Make a German chocolate cake (mix) in a sheet cake pan. While still hot, poke holes in it with a wooden spoon. Pour on one can of sweetened condensed milk and one small jar of caramel ice cream topping. Let the cake cool. Top with cool whip and sprinkle with toffee chips prior to serving.

The name - Sex in a pan...or when talking to your mother, Chocolate toffee cake. :rotfl2:

I'm sorry that I don't have a recipe to add (I can barely make a cake out of a box), but I recently took the Wilton Cake decorating classes and had to get in on this! Thanks!

mtblujeans said:
Ooooooo! The decorating is the hard part!!
It's not as hard as it seems, just takes patience and a steady hand (both of which I severely lack...) It is most ceratinly the expensive part though, I spent about $150 on all my stuff, not including the price of the classes (which was nothing really).

I have two:

1- If you do not have a lot of time, you can make a box cake mix taste homemade by doing the following- substitute milk for water & add 1 extra egg. :cool1:

2- Pumpkin cake - this is really good this time of year (or any time of year)

1 can pumpkin
1 (12 oz) can evaporated milk
1 cup sugar
4 eggs, beaten
1/2 teaspoon cloves
1 teaspoon ginger
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 box white or yellow cake mix
½ cup sliced almonds (optional)
1/2 cup margarine/butter (melted)

Preheat oven to 425 degrees.

Mix together pumpkin, evaporated milk, eggs, sugar, and spices at medium speed. Spread in greased 9 x 13 inch pan. Pour dry cake mix over pumpkin. Melt ½ margarine and drizzle over cake mix. Sprinkle on sliced almonds. Bake at 425 for 15 minutes, then 350 for an additional 30 minutes. Should come out clean with toothpick when cooked.

Top with whipped cream or ice cream if desired.

ryan840 said:
It's not as hard as it seems, just takes patience and a steady hand (both of which I severely lack...) It is most ceratinly the expensive part though, I spent about $150 on all my stuff, not including the price of the classes (which was nothing really).
Yeah, but that could become a great home-based business for you if you choose. This is a skill that many people lack! You could even partner up with someone else from your class to lighten the (order) load....as I would expect your business efforts would take off right away!! :banana:

You know, my mom has been decorating cakes for almost 30 years. She has BOXES full of cake pans. She loves doing it. She used to do it for people for profit - birthdays, weddings... But when Costco and Sam's club came out with their decorated cakes, she could no longer make a profit. It was cheaper to buy one of theirs than to do one. She still teaches cake decorating, and loves doing it. I have been doing it for almost 20 years myself now. I do my children's cakes and family as well. It is hard to make a profit though unless you have all of the materials.

BTW- if you do want to start into cake decorating, Wilton has the ultimate set for $130-150 retail. If you have a 50% off coupon that they have around holidays, you can start off a lot cheaper than buying everything individually. Also check Wal-Mart. They have good deals on basic cake decorating supplies as well.

Don't mean to discourage you if you want to do it as a business, just giving you my mom's experience. She still does gingerbread houses every christmas though for profit. She has quite a few law firms that order them for clients. She lets my sons do one as well. They love the time with Grandma. :love1:

MerryPoppins said:
Applesauce Cake
from The Homecoming (The Waltons)

1 c. butter
1 c. sugar
1 c. light raisins
1 c. chopped walnuts
1 t. baking soda
3 1/2 c. sifted flour
2 eggs
1 t. cinnamon
2 t. cloves
2 t. nutmeg
pinch of salt
Jane's Whiskey Frosting

Sift together flour, soda, salt, cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg. Take 1/2 c. flour mix and stir in nuts and raisins. Ste both aside. Cream butter until soft. Add sugar a little at a time until smooth. Beat eggs. Alternately stir in flour and applesauce. When mixed add nuts and raisins. Mix well. Pour into greased cake mold. Bake at 350 for 1 hour. cook 10 minutes and turn onto cake rack. Frost with Whiskey Frosting.

Jane's Whiskey Frosting

1/4 c. butter
1 T. cream
2 c. powdered sugar
2 T. whiskey
pinch of salt

Cream butter. Add sugar and salt. Cream and add whiskey. Whip until smooth. Frost cake.

Help, please. How much applesauce goes in the cake? This sounds very good.

DUMP CAKE

1 can of crushed pineapple (I use the pineapple in it's own juice but you can use what ever you prefer)

1 can of cherry pie filling (I usually use the light and prefer Thank you brand)

1 yellow cake mix any brand will work even the cheap genric ones

2 sticks of butter or margarine

Grease the pan dump in the pineapple, dump in the cherry pie filling spread them around to cover bottom of pan.

Dump in the cake mix spread it around evenly over the fruits.

Cut up the butter into pieces I usually get about 8 pieces per stick of butter Dot the butter over the top.

Bake at 350 for an hour.

My DD has been making this cake since she was 4 yrs old It's a hit anywhere we take it and some ppl are upset if we don't bring this cake to a family dinner. It's so easy travels so well need no fridge

MerryPoppins -

I made your applesauce cake yesterday. Very yummy! I used a bundt pan and I think my oven cooks a little hot so next time I need to bake it about 5 or 10 minutes less as I dried it out just a little.

But excellent flavor!

I'm so glad you liked it. I think it's tasty, too. Haven't fixed it for a while.

This is a recipe that my family demands every Christmas. It's really yummy and you can do a lot with it.

1/2 C. butter-flavored shortening
1/3 C. sugar
1 C. molasses
3/4 C. water
1 egg
2 1/3 C. flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. ground ginger
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
3/4 tsp. salt

In a large mixing bowl, cream shortening and sugar. Add molasses, water and egg. Combine flour, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon and salt; add to creamed mixture and beat until combined. Pour into a greased jelly roll pan. Bake at 350 for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.

This is really good warm from the oven with whipped cream or a citrus glaze. However this is how my family demands it on Christmas day:

Gingerbread Trifle

2 C. cold milk
1 pkg. (instant) French vanilla pudding mix
7 C. cubed gingerbread cake
3/4 C. English toffee bits
1 carton Cool Whip (French Vanilla flavor if you can find it)
1 maraschino cherry

In a mixing bowl, beat milk and pudding mix on low speed for 2 minutes. In a 2 quart trifle bowl, layer half the cake cubes and pudding. Sprinkle with
1/2 C. toffee bits. Top with remaining cake and pudding. Spread Cool Whip over the top; sprinkle with remaining toffee bits. Garnish with the cherry.

Enjoy!

Oooooo. Your Gingerbread Trifle sounds yum-a-licious, Glynis. So good, in fact, that I just added it to our Christmas menu. I'll bet it becomes a tradition. Thank you so much for sharing!!

Pat

I hope you like it as much as we do! It's good with regular Cool Whip, but if you can possibly find the French Vanilla, that makes it to die for!

Apple Cake with Caramel Glaze

Cake:

1/4 cup cinnamon-sugar mixture
4 apples, chopped small
3 eggs
1 cup vegetable oil
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 cups sugar
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon

Glaze:

2 tablespoons butter
1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
2 tablespoons milk

Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a bundt or tube cake pan and coat with cinnamon-sugar mixture. Mix apples, eggs, and oil with electric mixer. Add flour, sugar, baking soda, and cinnamon; mix well. Pour into pan and bake about 1 hour or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Allow cake to rest in pan for at least 10 minutes; invert onto a cake plate. To prepare glaze, combine butter, brown sugar, and milk in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil and cook for 1 minute. Spoon over cake. Allow to cool before serving.

Tip: Serve with a dollop of whipped cream or scoop of vanilla ice cream. Nut lovers can add 1 cup of chopped walnuts or pecans to cake batter.

I have a few -- these are all made in the Pampered Chef stoneware bundt pan(shameless plug here -- yes I am a consultant, and they are on sale for 20% off this month!!)

Our stoneware is microwavable, so these cakes can be baked in the micro -- takes about 14-16 minutes. Great way to avoid heating up the oven and house on a hot summer day. FAST way to get something sweet on the table for dessert.

KILLER KAHLUA CAKE

1 box chocolate cake mix
4 eggs
3/4 cup oil
1-cup milk chocolate chips
1 (3.9oz.) instant chocolate pudding
1/3 cup Kahlua
1-pint sour cream

Mix all, pour into well greased Fluted Pan. Microwave 16-18 minutes -turning after 8-9 minutes if not a turntable in microwave. Invert onto serving plate and remove pan after 10 minutes. Cool completely. Sprinkle with powdered sugar.

INCREDIBLE 12 MINUTE CAKES!!

Just follow these simple steps:
1. Brush your pan with vegetable oil with a pastry brush
2. Mix eggs and pie filling in Batter Bowl (a whisk works for most)
3. Add cake mix and blend well with Mix n Scraper.
4. Pour batter into pan and microwave on high for 12 - 13 minutes
5. Let cool 10 minutes and invert on platter

If you do not have a Carousel, rotate 1/4 turn every 3 minutes. Check with a cake tester and if not
done then cook 1 minute more each time before testing again.

Garnish with icing, whipped topping, more pie fillings, nuts, etc. The best results are found with
cake mixes containing puddings or the new moist cakes.

Cherry Chocolate
1 chocolate cake mix 1 can cherry pie filling
3 eggs
Top with fudge frosting, whipped topping, grated chocolate, or more cherry filling

Luscious Lemon
1 lemon or white cake mix 1 can lemon pie filling
3 eggs
Top with a lemon glaze and whipped topping

Pumpkin Caramel
1 spice cake mix 1 can pumpkin (not pie mix)
3 eggs
(1/2 tsp. cinnamon - optional)
Drizzle with caramel ice cream topping & top with cool whip! A sprinkle of cinnamon sugar on
cake is nice too!

Apple Cinnamon Spice
1 spice cake mix 1 can applesauce or apple pie filling
3 eggs
Drizzle with caramel. Top with ice cream or whipped topping

Raging Red Raspberry
1 white or chocolate cake mix 1 can raspberry pie filling
3 eggs
Top with whipped topping & grated chocolate (white or regular) and nuts.

Banana Banana
1 Banana cake mix 3 eggs
1 can banana cream pie filling OR 14 oz mashed bananas
Glaze with powdered sugar glaze, chopped walnuts.

Caramel & Apple
1 caramel or butter pecan cake mix 1 can apple pie filling
3 eggs
Top with cinnamon ice cream

Fantastic, Quick Chocolate Cake (4 ingredients)
chocolate cake mix 3 eggs
16 oz sour cream 1/2 cup chocolate chips
Sprinkle with powdered sugar (for a really final touch fill center with strawberries!)

Cherry Cake
White cake mix 3 eggs
cherry pie filling

AND the one I learned recently was the 3 ingredient Weight Watchers soda cake:

1 box cake mix
1 can diet soda
3 eggs

Mix and bake. Top w/fat free cool whip. 12 servings per recipe, 4 points each.

I usually do white cake mix with diet orange soda. I've heard that yellow cake w/sprite or mtn dew tastes like twinkie when you add cool whip. Also chocolate cake w/diet coke is supposed to be pretty good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter