Post Your Favorite Cake Recipes Here....

Do you drain the crushed pineapple or leave the juice? That sounds good.

I have done it both ways, but prefer it drained. :)

Here's a cake I made the other day that is GREAT!

Coconut Poke Cake

1 box WHITE cake mix
1 can Sweetened Condensed Milk
1 can Cream of Coconut (found near the Alcohol Mixers)
Whipped Cream, Flaked Coconut if desired.

Make cake mix. Bake. Whisk Sweetened Condensed Milk and Cream of Coconut together in a bowl. When cake is done, immediately poke holes over the top, pour mixture over the cake (it will thin out and run in the holes and down the sides). Let set. Serve with whipped cream on top (I made homemade whipped cream with Almond extract).

Whipped Cream:

1 cup heavy cream
3 TBS sugar
1/2 tsp Almond Extract.

Whip all in a chilled bowl and eat! Yum!

This is my Dad's favorite cake.

Peanut Butter Chocolate Fudge Carmel Cake

1 Chocolate Fudge cake mix
2/3 c. peanut butter chips
1 c. hot fudge sauce
1 c. caramel sauce
Whipped topping

Mix cake mix according to package directions and stir in peanut butter chips. Bake according to package directions. Poke holes in the cake as soon as it is removed from the oven (I use the handle of a wooden spoon). Pour caramel and hot fudge sauce over the cake. Allow the cake to cool and spread whipped topping over the cake.

Sandy22 said:
Mom's secret cake recipe:

2 eggs
1 cup of oil
1 box of betty crocker chocolate cake mix

Voila! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

I'm so busy shopping for scrapbooking supplies that I don't have time to bake anymore!
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Dang, Dang, Dang! You beat me to it!!! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
But really: notice the small amount of red dye used. It still makes a RED cake!

Rachel's Red Velvet Cake

Makes one 9-inch layer cake
This recipe is brought to us by Rachel Cheatwood, who makes up to fifty red velvet cakes a year, most between Thanksgiving and Christmas.

2 1/2 cups White Lily self-rising flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 1/2 cups vegetable oil
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
1 teaspoon white vinegar
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 cup whole buttermilk
2 1/2 tablespoons red food coloring
Cream Cheese Frosting
Vegetable-oil cooking spray

1. Preheat oven to 350°. Spray three 9-by-2-inch round cake pans with cooking spray, and line with wax paper. Set aside. In a medium bowl, sift together flour and baking soda. Set aside.

2. In a medium bowl, combine sugar, vegetable oil, eggs, vinegar, and vanilla. With an electric mixer, beat until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Gradually add flour mixture, and mix on low speed just until flour has been incorporated. Slowly add buttermilk. Add food coloring, and beat to combine.

3. Divide batter among pans; each pan will be about half full. Tap pans on counter to remove bubbles. Bake until a cake tester inserted into the middle comes out clean, about 30 minutes. Remove the pans to a rack to cool for 5 minutes. Invert pans onto wire racks sprayed with vegetable oil to cool cake completely, or quick-chill in the freezer for 10 to 15 minutes.

4. To assemble, place one layer, top side down, on a cake stand. Using an offset spatula, spread with 1/4 inch of frosting. Repeat with remaining layers. To frost the top and sides of the cake, work from the center toward and over the edge, making sure to evenly coat. Store in an airtight container for up to one week.

Rachel's Cream Cheese Frosting

Makes 6 cups
8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
1/2 cup (1 stick) margarine, room temperature
1 pound confectioners’ sugar, sifted
1 cup finely chopped pecans
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract

1. Place cream cheese and margarine in a medium bowl. With a handheld electric mixer, beat until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add sugar, pecans, and vanilla. Beat, on low speed to combine. If too soft, chill until slightly stiff, about 10 minutes, before using.

I don't get to this board very often but I saw ths thread and had to share this recipe.

1 pkg. yellow or white cake mix
1 pkg. (4 serving size) Lemon flavor instant pudding
1 1/3 cups sour cream, divided
3 eggs
1/4 cup vegtable oil
2 Tbsp. grated orange peel
1/4 cup powdered sugar
1 8oz. tub of Cool Whip thawed
1 can ( 11oz.) mandarin oranges, drained

Preheat oven @ 350. Lightly grease and flour 2 9 inch round cake pans. Place cake mix, dry pudding mix, 1 cup of the sour cream, eggs, oil, 3/4 cup water and orange peel in large bowl. Beat with electric mixero low speed 1 minute. Beat on medium speed an additional 2 minutes. Pour batter evenly into pans.

Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely.

Beat remaining 1/3 cup sour cream and powdered sugar in large bowl with wire whisk until well blended. Gently stir in Cool Whip. Set aside.

Place 1 of the cake layers on a serving plate, spread with half of the topping mixture (on top not sides). Top this with half of the mandarin oranges. Place remaining cake on top of first cake. Repeat topping. Refridgerate until ready to serve.

This cake is so moist and yummy! I gave the recipe to a friend and her DH said it was the best cake he ever ate......Enjoy!

I rarely make cakes, but I'm glad I checked this thread! The idea of a citrus cake sounds wonderful! :teeth: I've copied the recipe to try for my sisters' birthdays this summer; they also love citrus!

Thanks for sharing!

Hummingbird Cake

From Southern Living, JANUARY 1999
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
2 cups sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
3 large eggs, beaten
1 cup vegetable oil
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 (8-ounce) can crushed pineapple, undrained
1 cup chopped pecans
2 cups chopped bananas
Cream Cheese Frosting
1/2 cup chopped pecans

Combine first 5 ingredients in a large bowl; add eggs and oil, stirring until dry ingredients are moistened. (Do not beat.) Stir in vanilla, pineapple, 1 cup pecans, and bananas.

Pour batter into three greased and floured 9-inch round cakepans. Bake at 350° for 25 to 30 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans on wire racks 10 minutes; remove from pans, and cool completely on wire racks.

Spread Cream Cheese Frosting between layers and on top and sides of cake; sprinkle 1/2 cup chopped pecans on top. Store in refrigerator.

Yield: 16 servings

This cake is so good! One of my favorite restaurants, T-Bones in Charleston, SC, frequently made this cake, and that's where I fell in love with it. A perennial favorite, this Southern Living recipe has been around for awhile, and is reprinted every now and then due to its popularity. This cake has so many good things in it, you won't feel the least bit guilty when you give in to your urges to have it for breakfast!!! ::yes::

Cracker Barrel’s Double Fudge Coca Cola Cake

Notes:
If you are lucky enough to be there on a day that they serve this one, you are in for a real treat!

Ingredients:
1 C. Coca-cola
1/2 C. oil
1 stick Margarine
3 Tbsp. cocoa
2 C. sugar
2 C. flour
1/2 tsp. salt
2 eggs
1/2 C. buttermilk
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. vanilla

Preparation:
In a sauce Pan, Bring Coca-Cola, Oil, Margarine, and cocoa to a boil, mix the sugar, flour and salt, Pour in the boiling liquid and beat well. Add the eggs, Buttermilk, soda, and vanilla and beat well. Pour into a greased and floured sheet cake pan, and bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes.

Frosting

1/4 lb. Margarine
3 Tbsp. cocoa
6 Tbsp. cream or milk
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 to 1 C. pecans chopped
1 lb. confectioners sugar

In a saucepan, combine the butter cocoa, and milk and heat until the butter melts, Beat in the remaining ingredients, and Spread on the hot Cool and cut.

These two are from my DH's Aunt Ellen. Oh. My. Goodness.
These are the BEST pound cakes I have EVER had...and I've had many! ::yes::

I usually make one, cut it in half, and freeze one half. Believe it or not, I think it's even better after it's defrosted out of the freezer!

Cream Cheese Pound Cake

2 sticks margarine
3 cups cake flour (I use Swans Down Cake Flour)
1 stick of butter
2 tsp. vanilla extract
8 oz. pg. cream cheese
1 tsp. lemon extract
3 cups sugar
pinch of salt
6 eggs

Cream margarine, butter, cheese. Add sugar, cream well. Add eggs one at a time and beat into batter alternately with flour. Add flavorings. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Turn batter into a greased and floured steeple cake pan. Bake 1 1/2 hours.

Chocolate Cream Cheese Pound Cake

2 sticks margarine
1/2 cup of cocoa
1 stick of butter
2 1/2 cups cake flour
8 oz. pkg. cream cheese
3 tsp. vanilla extract
3 cups sugar
pinch of salt
6 eggs

Cream margarine, butter, cheese. Add sugar, cream well. Add eggs one at a time and beat into batter alternately with flour and cocoa. Add vanilla. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Turn batter into a greased an floured steeple cake pan. Bake 1 1/2 hours.

I would like to offer a favorite cake. We call it Snowball cake, but it tastes like a Mounds candy bar.
Bake a chocolate cake mix using package directions. Use 9 inch round pans. Remove them from pans and cool completely on wire racks. When they are cooled,split each layer in half horizontially.
Mix together: 16 ounces sour cream
2 cups sugar
14 ounce bag of shredded coconut
after mixing remove 1 cup of filling and set aside.

Place one cake layer on a platter, spread 1/3 of the remaining filling on this layer and repeat, ending with the 4th cake layer.
Mix the reserved filling with 1-8 ounce carton of thawed Cool-Whip. Frost the sides and top with this mixture.
Cover very tightly(I use a tupperware cake-taker) and place in refrigerator for 3-days, really 3-days! The filling will take on a texture similar to a mounds bar. Resist--you will be rewarded.
Enjoy!
Deb

Kadaten,

Your recipes sound wonderful, but can I ask, what is a steeple cake pan?

TIA!

lisalynn said:
Kadaten,

Your recipes sound wonderful, but can I ask, what is a steeple cake pan?

TIA!
You know, I had the same question whe I made it!
She uses the squared off ring pan, like you would make angel food cake in....
But I don't have one of those, so I use my bundt pan, but have to add to the baking time a little bit since it's fatter than the angel food cake pan. Hope that helps!

Thanks!

I don't have anything like that, but I do have a bundt pan, so will definitely be trying your recipes out soon.

Thanks again!

yummy72 said:
Apple Cake with Sauce

4 cups apples, peeled and sliced
2 cups flour
2 teaspoons cinnamon
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 cups sugar
1 ½ teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
¾ cup oil
1 cup chopped pecans

In large bowl place apples and coat with sugar. Add all dry ingredients. In separate bowl, beat eggs, oil and vanilla. Add to apple mixture. Batter will be very thick. Stir in pecans. Pour into greased 9x13 pan or Bundt pan. Bake 50 minutes at 350 degrees.

Sauce:
1 cup sugar
½ cup butter or margarine
½ cup cream or evaporated milk
1 teaspoon vanilla

In small saucepan bring to boil over medium heat. Serve sauce separate.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

This one has been a family favorite for a long time. It's not too sweet so it makes a great coffee cake, or it's great served with fruit. You can make it in a bundt pan, tube pan, or whatever. I made it at Christmas time in the NordicWare Bundt pan that looked like a ring of Christmas trees and it came out great.

I made the apple cake this weekend. I think I might have done something wrong. :confused3

I put it in a bundt pan and at 50 minutes, it looked very brown on top and a bit crunchy. I thought it was done. I let it cool for a while and when I turned it out it was not cooked in the middle and broke apart.

Any suggestions? It did taste yummy on the outside.

sweet maxine said:
Just wanted to bring this thread back up since I'm baking this afternoon.

Well, down South where I live, everybody knows there's nothing better than a piece of caramel cake just iced, and still warm from the oven! Around here, you can even by cartons of caramel frosting that someone sells from a business they started in their home. Who knew????

Anyway, today I'm baking one of our very favorites---Caramel Cake. My kids will have a surprise when they come home today!

BTW, Deb, I'm going to have to try your apple cake and caramel frosting. We love caramel on anything----especially the spoon!

Caramel Cake

1 pkg yellow or white cake mix (I use the cheap store brand)
1 cup milk (whatever's in the icebox--2%, whole, or even 1%)
1 stick butter, melted (I never substitute margarine on this--butter's best!)
3 eggs
2 tspns. vanilla

Mix all this up for 2 minutes, scraping the bowl as you mix. Pour into a 13 X 9 pan (greased or sprayed with Pam) and bake for about 30 mins. at 350 degrees. Ice with Caramel Icing (to follow)

Caramel Icing

1 stick butter (again, I don't substitute here unless it's a dire emergency! ;) )
1 cup brown sugar (I use light brown and pack it well)
1/4 cup milk (again, whatever's in the icebox will do--no buttermilk though)
2 cups powdered sugar
1 tspn. vanilla

Cook butter, brown sugar together on low heat, stirring constantly, to a boil and boil for 2 mins.. This is a low boil with little bubbles appearing--remember low heat. Remove from the heat and add the milk and stir it well again, putting it on low heat and bringing it back to a boil. Now remove from the heat and add the powdered sugar and vanilla. At this time I like to throw in a few marshmallows to make it a bit more creamy---probably about 4 or 5 large ones. Beat the icing until smooth (I use a wire wisk) and then pour over the warm cake. Try to convince kids that all the icing was put on the cake, while secretly having a special spot waiting to hide said spoon ;) . Now, go find a quiet corner, grab a glass of milk, and enjoy the warm caramel from the spoon. Then, after holding off kids long enough, cut the cake and serve it warm with cold glasses of milk. Yummmmmmm!!!

I made this cake this weekend too. I wasn't sure if it was cooked enough at 30 minutes so I gave it a few more and I think that was unnecessary, I dried it out a little. But it is very yummy, I'll be making it again. Thanks!

Meriweather said:
* Exported from MasterCook *
* Exported from MasterCook *

Upside-Down Apple Gingerbread

Recipe By :
Serving Size : 9 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : Breakfast Breads Cakes

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
1/4 cup butter or margarine -- melted
2 large apples -- cored and sliced
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
Gingerbread
1/2 cup butter or margarine -- melted
1/2 cup molasses
1/2 cup sugar
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
1 egg
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
3/4 cup hot tea

Pour butter into a 9" square baking pan.
Arrange apples over butter. Sprinkle with brown sugar and set aside.
For gingerbread: Combine butter, molasses, sugars and egg in a mixing bowl. Mix well.
Combine dry ingredients. Add to sugar mixture alternately with hot tea. Mix well. Pour over apples.
Bake at 350 degrees for 45-50 minutes or until cake tests done. Cool for 3-5 minutes. Loosen sides and invert onto serving platter. Serve warm.

And last but not least, I tried is cake this weekend too. I am taking it to my grandfathers later so I didn't get to try it warm. It's a little gooey this morning, but it tastes good. Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter