Post Your Favorite Cake Recipes Here....

I made the applesauce cake at the weekend and it wsa a huge hit with DH! - the boys won't eat it as it has raisins so all the more for me :blush:

I've got some mixed cherries and berries to try in it next time. Does it freeze well?

I have no clue if it would freeze well. I bet it would, but I've never tried. Let us know if you give it a shot.

This Chocolate Mint Icebox Cake sounds really good!

Chocolate Mint Icebox Cake
Serves 8

* 1 3/4 cups heavy cream, chilled
* 1/4 cup sugar
* 3/4 teaspoon mint extract
* 1 package (9 ounces) chocolate wafers (cookies)
* 1 cup miniature chocolate chips

1. Make the mint cream: With an electric mixer, beat heavy cream, sugar, and mint extract until stiff peaks form.
2. Line a serving platter with two sheets of wax paper side by side. Assemble the cake: Spread each wafer with about 1/2 tablespoon mint cream, forming stacks. Lay stacks horizontally along seam of paper, pressing gently to form a log. With small spatula or knife, cover log with remaining mint cream. Refrigerate at least 4 hours or up to 2 days.
3. To serve, gently remove wax paper from underneath cake (holding cake in place with a metal spatula, if necessary), and sprinkle with chocolate chips. Slice cake diagonally with a serrated knife.

Hot Milk Cake

Serves 12

2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
8 tablespoons unsalted butter (1 stick)
1 cup milk
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
4 large eggs , room temperature
2 cups sugar

1. Adjust an oven rack to the middle position and heat the oven to 325 degrees. Grease and flour a 12-cup tube pan. Whisk the flour, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl. Heat the butter and milk in a medium saucepan until the butter melts and the mixture is very hot, but not boiling. Stir in the vanilla.

2. With an electric mixer on medium-high speed, beat the eggs and sugar until tripled in volume, about 6 minutes. Reduce the speed to medium and slowly beat in the hot milk mixture until incorporated. Add the flour mixture in two batches, beating after each addition until just incorporated. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 50 to 60 minutes. Cool the cake in the pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a rack to cool completely, at least 1 hour. Serve.

I've never had applesauce cake but everyone seems to love it here so i'll have to print out the recipe for my mom of course) My mom makes the best mayonnaise cake ever. I dont know how to bake...i messed up no bake cookies! anyways here her recipe

2 cups flour
1/2 cup cocoa
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup sugar
3/4 cup mayonnaise
1 cup water
1 teaspoon vanilla

Sift together the flour, cocoa, soda and salt. Cream together the sugar, mayonnaise, water and vanilla. Add dry ingredients to the creamed mixture; stir until well blended. Pour batter into greased and floured layer cake pans.

make sure you dont cook it too long it has to be super moist and stick to your ribs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter