Post your Disney theme PARTY IDEAS HERE!

DS is 21 now but when he was 7 we did a Peter Pan Party for him. The invitation was written on parchment paper including a map to neverland. We put a handful of sparkley confetti on the map and told them to sprinkle the fairy dust on themselves and follow the map to neverland(party). We rolled and tied them up and hand delivered each one. We had games like walking the plank, self expanatory. Pin the patch on the pirates eye and fishing for treasure. We took a old collage trunk laid some fabric in bottom and they fished for costume jewelry and pirate money, chocolate coins. Instead of face painting we painted pirate tatoos on them. Lunch was pirate ship subs. Half a subroll layered with lettuce and lunch meat.Pretzels make great flag poles. Then we had cucumbers that we carved into the shape of crocodiles and they dipped into ranch dressing. Indian totem poles were baby new potatoes with faces carved into them. We stuck them together with toothpicks and baked. I almost forgot. We also took a refridgerator box and painted to to look like a pirate ship and they had their picture taken in it. Most of the kids came dressed as one of the lost boys so anything went. Also a couple of indian princesses.
Give me a theme and I can run with it. When my kids were little most of the parties they went to were at the bowling alley, Chuck. E. Cheese, the movies or a Gym. However my homeade parties are the ones that they still talk about.Hope this is what you were looking for. If you want help with a theme just holler and I will help any way I can. Ann

I'm a serious planner and am already planning my girls next birthdays! I plan on doing a Neverland theme w/ Tinkerbell and Pirates for my oldest daughter. She will be 2. And for my younger daughters 1st bday I planning on having a Minnie and Mickey party. I am thinking of going along the lines of Mickey's Toon Town Fair, but instead calling it Callie's (my daughters name) Toon Town Fair. And decorating my house like Minnie's house. But besides decorations I'm not sure what to do. Any ideas for games (ages 1-4) and food? I have the Tinkerbell party covered. I just need some ideas for a Minnie Toon Town party.

We did a Cars theme for our oldests 2nd birthday and just ordered the supplies from a party supply store. Last year we didnt do anytihng for the boys birthdays as far as themed (we went out to eat). This year though my youngest will be having his birthday at Disney and we are looking for ideas to decorate the room in. We dont want to pay the florist to come in and do it, but we do want something. Anyone have any ideas for that????

Oh and we are doing Buzz lightyear for my oldests 4th birthday when we get back (okay so 1.5m after we get back). That should be fun

This year we will be celebrating our youngest son turning 2 on our first day at Disney. Like LWatson, I would love some ideas to decorate our room. I don't care about having the WDW Florist do ours either. My husband can keep the boys at the Magic Kingdom and I can come back and get the room ready before they get there.

I wonder if there are any places close by WDW where you could buy a Mickey balloon bouquet and bring it in yourself? I am planning to purchase Disney gifts ahead of time and pack to take with us, so I won't need gifts. I just need decorating ideas.

Thanks!

Here's a couple of quick ideas to start:
1. Make a personalized birthday banner. Get a bunch of those Mickey head paint chips from the Home Depot, hole punch them and string them together. Using a sharpie marker you can personalize with "Happy Birthday".
2. Make personalized window clings to decorate your windows. See link below for directions. Seems easy, but be sure you allow for the proper drying time as stated.
http://www.ehow.com/how_4780855_window-clings-out-fabric-paint.html
3. If you are crafty, you could pack your own supplies to create a birthday bouquet arrangement. Pack yourself a basket, some florist foam, vibrantly colored silk flowers, and some fun Disney accents. Again, you could use some Home Depot Mickey heads to place on florist picks to decorate and weave some Disney-theme ribbon through.
4. Google "Disney World photos", find a photo of the characters your child likes best and create your own birthday greeting card on your computer. If you have a few days before your child's birthday you can try to locate this/these characters in the park and have them officially "autograph" them or just do it yourself.
5. Check your party stores at home for Disney balloons. You can buy them without inflating them. If you have the ability to leave WDW (rented a car) then you can take them to local craft/grocery/WalMart to have them inflated. Or just buy one on Main St., but that may be hard to sneak back to the room un-noticed!

We have done all Disney parties for my daughter
1st was Pooh
2nd was Jojo's circus
3rd was Pincess
4th was Minnie Mouse

I will look for some pictures...

It is really easy to make a minnie mouse pinata :)

apparently Minnie mouse was her 5th birthday....

We ended up moving it to the fire station because it rained...but here are some ideas

DSC09995.jpg

DSC09997.jpg

DSC09994.jpg

I've always wanted to do an outdoor Alice in Wonderland themed tea party. I'm thinking next year (#4) might be the perfect opportunity.

Setting up our patio table (rectangle 6 seater) with squares of sod as a tablecloth with brightly colored, mismatched tea theme plates and bowls. I want to make a strawberry sherbert punch and serve it in old tea cups. String brightly colored little oriental lamps around our patio in the trees and maybe the side of the house. It would be great if we have one of those canvas pavillions my dh keeps talking about purchasing. I would love to find somewhere online a tutorial to make one of those topsy turvy Wonderland cakes. I purchased a bunch of brightly colored boas on ebay a couple of years ago for maybe a $1 apiece and I want to use them scattered on the table with fresh cut flowers in teapots. Have everyone wear funny, fancy hats. I'm thinking some decor made out of a deck of cards?

So many options....I could go crazy with this one!

I've always wanted to do an outdoor Alice in Wonderland themed tea party. I'm thinking next year (#4) might be the perfect opportunity.

Setting up our patio table (rectangle 6 seater) with squares of sod as a tablecloth with brightly colored, mismatched tea theme plates and bowls. I want to make a strawberry sherbert punch and serve it in old tea cups. String brightly colored little oriental lamps around our patio in the trees and maybe the side of the house. It would be great if we have one of those canvas pavillions my dh keeps talking about purchasing. I would love to find somewhere online a tutorial to make one of those topsy turvy Wonderland cakes. I purchased a bunch of brightly colored boas on ebay a couple of years ago for maybe a $1 apiece and I want to use them scattered on the table with fresh cut flowers in teapots. Have everyone wear funny, fancy hats. I'm thinking some decor made out of a deck of cards?

So many options....I could go crazy with this one!

http://www.ehow.com/how_4760611_topsy-turvy-cake.html
http://cakesbyrosa.wordpress.com/2008/03/07/how-to-make-a-topsy-turvy-cake/
http://www.cakecentral.com/article1-Instructions-For-Building-A-Whimsical-Tilted-Cake.html

I had a friend who just had a Topsy Turvy Cake made out of Styrafoam and fondant to have on display the entire time. She had a regular cake for the kids to eat so she never had to take down the really cool cake.

Thanks so much for your great tips and ideas PrincessTigerLily!!

I am looking forward to going to Home Depot to get Mickey head paint chips!

We had a Mickey Mouse Clubhouse birthday party for my sons 3rd bday. here is the cake I made:
IMG_1289.jpg

I had to assemble it on site (gymboree play and music). I wish I would have put something around the base, but I ran out of icing.

We also had mickey cupcakes (chocolate icing with a nilla wafer dipped in chocolate for each ear. I will see if I can find the pics of the favors.

ETA- you can kind of see the favors in the left corner of this pic. M&Ms with mickey bag toppers that I made in photoshop.

Well, our house had a Hannah Montana birthday party just this week. Not a Disney Movie but on Disney Family Channel. Girls were given "backstage passes" when they arrived.

Food: Pop Star Pizza ~ turned triangle pizza slices backwards and arranged on a platter to make a star
Pop Star Punch ~ rimmed the glasses with purple sugar, threw 'pop rocks' in the glasses and filled with punch so they fizzed and popped
AND Pink Guitar cake

Activities ~ Hot Microphone (like hot potatoe)
~ Hidden Microphone (hid a microphone, all the girls had to look for it and once they found it quietly sit down until everyone found it. First person to find it got to hid it for another round.
~ Celebrity Buzz (Telephone)
~ dress up relay
~ wanted to teach them the Hoe Down Throw Down but ran out of time

Craft ~ we made shrink art guitar rings

Mom and Dad wore "Security" tshirts

You can check out photos of the birthday at
http://girlsglitterngiggles.blogspot.com

These ideas are great!!!
Any thoughts for a Star Wars party for DS turning 6 in July???
DD is turning 4 in July and I plan on using some of the Little Mermaid ideas :)

We're doing a Phineas and Ferb "Backyard Beach Party" in a couple weeks.

* I sent little surfboard invitations
* My mom is making the cake
* Picked up a bunch of luau supplies on clearance at Walmart and at the Dollar Tree
* Limbo contest
* "Where's Perry" scavenger hunt
* Favors will be lei's and maybe grass skirts

Would love some additional ideas for this. ;)

I'm planning a Little Mermaid party for my DD's 3rd bday. So far, I made the invitations with a picture of her on a beach background dressed in her mermaid costume and used the following wording:
Grab your swimsuit and towel
and join us "Under the Sea"
to celebrate our little mermaid
DESLYN TURNING THREE!
Cast off: September 6th
Dive Time: 2:00 p.m.
Dock: Deslyn's Lagoon
S.O.S. by August 22nd​

The party favors will be Ariel/Princess themed for girls and Nemo for boys. For the under 3, I got pail & shovel, splashball and bubbles. Over 3 will get reusable lunch bag w/ whale on it w/ bubbles, paddleball and beach ball. All kids will receive a bag of goldfish and other goodies.

Anyone have any suggestions?

We will be hosting our 3rd princess party tomorrow.

Our first princess party was DD#1's 4th b-day. We told all of the girls to arrive in princess dress (and had plenty of extras if they forgot).
Games: Mermaid races (tie each girl's ankles together and let them hop across the room) - Snow White's Apple (hot potato) - Jasmine's magic carpet (musical chairs with carpet scrap or towels)

crafts - coloring pages, decorate crowns, decorate clear plastic cups with plastic gems

food - decorate your own cupcakes, Fairy Godmother's wand (pretzel rod dipped in chocolate and rolled in sprinkles), princess punch (Sprite with a drop of red food coloring)

Our second princess party was DD#1's 5th b-day and it was a Sleeping Beauty party. Again, the girls came in princess dress. I told the story of Sleeping Beauty and we did the following activities as we got to that part of the story:
- find the hidden spinning wheels for when they destroy them
- dancing with stuffed animals for when Aurora dances with the owl
- each child picked one item from our dress up box. Then one girl had to put them all on and get her photo taken for when the fairies make a terrible dress.
- decorate your own cupcakes for Aurora's birthday party
There was more, but I suddenly forget the rest....

Tomorrow, I am doing DD#2's 4th birthday party. It will be similar to the first, but we will play stick Cinderella in her castle instead of Snow White's apple (because this child thinks the idea of that game is scary)

I love princesses. I will be sad when they outgrow this stuff.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter