Post your Disney theme PARTY IDEAS HERE!

PrincessTigerLily

DIS Veteran
Post your party ideas here for all to share! Need help with a theme? Post your theme and we'll try to help you out! Put on your creative caps everyone, and let the Disney magic take over!

I kind of have more of a question.

We made some mickey rice crispy treats the other night. (pretty good, not quite the real deal though.)

What other treats have any of you re-created or can we figure out some. I have the mickey cookie cutter. I thought about trying to do a mickey bar sometime in the future.

We are having a Hannah Montana birthday party this weekend. Looking for game and craft ideas. I have a bunch of leftover Hannah Montana valentines that I would like to make some craft with. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Jennifer

We have just decided to do a big party for DS and DD together this year. Since DD's was a princess party and DS LOVES pirates right now I am thinking about a Princess and Pirate Party! DH has no idea why I am so excited!

I did a HSM party this weekend for my DD9 .. we got all the kids to wear something HSM all the games had the HSM theme and the party bags were also HSM themed ... we had the movies playing ... singing and dancing etc etc :cheer2:
Needless to say I am all HSM'd out for a while :laughing:

HPIM0345.jpg

How fun :) We're doing a classic pooh theme for our boy's first birthday party. I have pics I can share if anyone wants to see them. I like this thread!

Ok, here are a ton of pics! I happen to have these from when I posted them on a mom's message board...

Here is the invitation I made on photoshop. (That's a real pic of my son that I turned into a pooh graphic!) And yes, I know I spelled delightful wrong!

poohinvite5.jpg

The party plates and hats

IMG_0515.jpg

Pooh party favors and activities I scored at the Dollar Tree

IMG_0505.jpg

Balloon Colors

creamballoon.jpg
pinkballoon.jpg
blueballoon.jpg
greenballoon.jpg

Here are the favor bags I'm making. I drew some classic pooh scenes on them and colored them in with colored pencils. I love the way they have turned out!

IMG_0502.jpg

Here is a cake I'm going to have at the kid's table. I will have cups filled with honey (yellow tinted icing) and cups of sugar candy bugs so they can decorate the beehive and then eat it if they want or keep it as the centerpiece.

BeehiveCake.jpg

Cake Inspirations:
I wouldn't use pink for this...maybe green or blue
cakeinspiration.jpg

smashcake.jpg

Mickey Mouse Party
FOOD
-serve Mickey's favorites - cheese
sandwiches, cheese pizza and cubes of cheese with crackers (call them "mouse bites")
-make mouse cupcakes - use round cookie wafers for ears, chocolate chips for eyes and a brown or red M&M for a nose - use red licorice for a mouth and black licorice for whiskers
-make "Icy Mice" by taking a scoop of ice cream and decorating it with Oreo ears and a candy Mickey face

GAMES/ACTIVITIES
-show a Mickey Mouse movie
-make Mickey ears for the guests to wear
-play "Pin the Nose on Mickey"
-play Disney music and have a dance contest
-provide Mickey colouring pages (from the Internet) for guests to
colour
-have a Mickey-themed scavenger hunt

Winnie the Pooh Party

FOOD

*"Pooh-nut" butter and honey
sandwiches (be sure none of your
guests have a peanut allergy!) - cut sandwiches with a bear cookie
cutter
*teddy grahams
*carrot sticks (a favorite of Pooh's friend Rabbit)
*gummy bears

Pooh Crunch
2 cups Honey Nut Cheerios cereal
1 cup honey roasted peanuts
2 cups teddy bear-shaped graham snacks
1/2 cup raisins

Mix all ingredients in large bowl.
Store in plastic bag or covered container. Makes 8 servings

GAMES/ACTIVITIES

*Pin the bee on Pooh's nose or Pin the Tail on Eeyore
*Print Pooh colouring sheets from the Internet
*watch a Pooh video
*read Pooh stories
*Honey pot bean bag toss (use small buckets or flower pots on the floor as honey pots) - you could also paint clothes pegs to look like bees and use them for tossing
*Play a Pooh C.D. while playing musical chairs or freeze
*Make bees from children's fingerprints- dip finger tips in yellow paint to make bee bodies - use black pens/markers to add wings and antennae
*fill a jar with yellow and black jelly beans - have guests write down how many "bees" they think are in the jar (winner gets to take home the jar!)
*have a Tigger Sack Race - bounce to the finish line like Tigger!
*Find the honey pots - make honey pot cutouts out of construction paper and hide around your party area - the
person who finds the most wins!
*Play "Pooh Says" - just like Simon Says!

Buzz Lightyear Party

FOOD
-make sandwiches and/or cookies and cut them with a star cookie cutter or cut with a round cookie cutter and call them "flying sacuers"
-serve Green Alien Fizz to drink (7up or Sprite mixed with green sherbet)
-serve Booster Burgers and fries with green (alien) ketchup
-make star shaped Jello Jigglers
-put out various snack items and call them "Astronaut Snacks"
-serve "Mars" mini chocolate bars,
Starburst candies and flying saucer
cupcakes

GAMES/ACTIVITIES

-find Buzz Lightyear and Toy Story
colouring pages on the Internet and print them out for guests to colour
-play "Pin the Badge on Buzz"
-watch "Toy Story" on DVD
-decorate Star Command badges - allow guests to decorate badges (cut from poster board) with paint, glitter, stickers
-make rocketships from toilet or paper towel tubes and construction paper - provide stickers, glitter, paint, aluminum foil, stamps and ink, etc. to decorate the rocketships
-play "Buzz Says"
-put guests through "Star Command Training" by having them work their way through an obstacle course
-for a warm-weather, outdoor party, have water gun fights
-send guests on a scavenger hunt for moon rocks (cover Starburst candies with aluminum foil to make moon rocks)
-provide black construction paper and glow-in-the-dark star and planet stickers so that guests can make their own space picture
-play "Save the Universe" - have guests throw styrofoam "planets" into a "black hole" basket

Little Mermaid Party

FOOD
*goldfish crackers served in sand pails with shovels
*make "ocean cups" using blue jello in
little bowls - float gummy fish in the jello before allowing it to set
*serve a blue "ocean" drink
*cut sandwiches with a fish shaped cookie cutter (consider "seanut"
butter and jelly sandwiches)
*make deviled egg boats (deviled eggs with toothpicks holding a cheese slice sail)
*make a pasta dish using sea shell pasta and name it "Sebastian's Sea Shell Surprise"
*make "Octo-dogs" - cut hot dogs in half - slice halfway up four times so you have 8 dangling sections - place in boiling water and watch them curl up like
tentacles!

GAMES/ACTIVITIES
*buy an inexpensive magnetic
fishing game for guests to play
*show "The Little Mermaid" movie
*print Little Mermaid colouring sheets from the Internet for guests to colour
*buy fish and sea creature stickers - allow guests to make ocean pictures on blue paper
*decorate paper "bras" - fasten 2 paper plates together using string or yarn - have guests decorate using plastic flowers, shells, ribbon,
glitter, sequins, etc.
*make "puffy fish" by having guests
decorate two large fish shapes with craft supplies - staple fish back to back, leaving a small space open to stuff with cotton balls
*play "Pin the Flower in the Mermaid's Hair"
*using a plastic child's pool or
sandbox, fill with sand and bury little
trinkets like shells, beads, jewels - give the guests plastic shovels and let them search for treasure under the sea
*draw a large shark's mouth on a large piece of poster board. Tape it to the side of a box. Cut out the mouth. Have guests "Feed the Shark" by
seeing how many bean bags they can throw into the open hole
*have a crab race - guests race on all fours with their tummies facing up!

Pirate Party

FOOD

*make "Deviled Ships" by making deviled eggs and inserting a toothpick and a
triangle of sliced cheese
*make "Shark's Blood Punch" - use red Kool-Aid to make red ice cubes and serve in a lemon-lime pop
*goldfish crackers
*make "Pirate Ships" by taking a hot dog in a bun and sticking a popsicle stick in it with a paper skull and crossbones flag on top
*make an "ocean" with sunken
treasures dessert by making blue jello cups with diced peaches inside

GAMES/ACTIVITIES

*Play "X Marks the Spot", a variation of Pin the Tail on the Donkey - make a
treasure map and place an "X" on it - give each guest a coloured flag with their name on it - the person who gets their flag
closest to the "X" wins
*Play "Treasure Toss" - guests take turns seeing how many bean bags they can toss into the treasure chest from a distance
*hide small objects around the party area and have a treasure hunt
*Make foam flags - before the party, cut flags out of foam and attach to a wooden stick - provide craft supplies for guests to decorate their flag
* watch a "Peter Pan" or "Pirates of the Carribbean" DVD
*print pirate colouring pages from the Internet for guests to colour
*play "Musical Islands" but instead of using chairs, use islands cut out of paper, placed on the floor
*if it's warm outside have a "Cannonball Fight" with water balloons
*play "Pass the Pirate Hat"
*Pan for gold - spray paint some rocks with gold paint - fill a wading pool with water and sand - using pie plates, show the guests how to pan for gold

Princess Party

FOOD

*make a party punch and name it "Princess Punch"
*make sandwiches and cut using a star cookie cutter
*consider a "Princess Tea" theme and serve fancy sandwiches, scones with jam and pink lemondae
*make cookie castles by stacking wafer cookies and "gluing" with icing - use flat bottom ice cream cones for towers and various candies for decoration
* serve "Prince's Kisses" (Hershey's kisses)
*hollow out a pumpkin and line with
fabric - fill with snacks
*serve Cinderella Cider, Ariel's Catch of the Day (goldfish crackers), Jasmine's Jam Sandwiches, Snow White Salad

GAMES/ACTIVITIES

*Play "Kiss the Frog Prince" (pin the lips on the frog) or "Pin the Crown on the Princess"
*decorate magic wands or crowns with glitter, sequins and jewels
*have a treasure hunt such as "find Snow White's apples"
*for older girls, apply makeup and nail polish to guests - for younger girls, paint faces with stars, hearts, flowers, diamonds - be sure to decorate a pretty mirror so that the princesses can admire their new look!
*read princess stories
*show a princess DVD
*print princess pictures from the Internet for guests to colour
*play "Snow White's Apple Toss" (just like Hot Potato, but pass an apple)
*play "Royal Freeze Dance" - guests dance to music until the music stops and they have to freeze
*help guests make bracelets and/or necklaces with beads and plastic cording
*play "Bob for Apples with Snow White"
*decorate a jar with ribbons and
sequins - fill it with dried peas - have guests guess how many peas the "Princess and the Pea" has

Tinkerbelle Party

Food
-have a tea party - serve fancy
sandwiches, scones and jam and pink lemonade
-cut sandwiches with a star cookie
cutter
-make Rice Krispy treats and cut with a star cookie cutter - add a wooden skewer to make a magic wand
-make pretty cupcakes with pink or purple icing and add coloured sugar and sprinkles (pixie dust)
-serve "Pixie Punch" and "Neverland NIbbles"
-make "Fairy Parfaits" by layering
various colours of sherbet in a parfait glass
-make star-shaped Jello jigglers

Games/Activities

-give guests a "fairy makeover" with
glittery makeup, nail polish and
stickers
-make "Candy Magic Wands" -
purchase bbq skewers and wrap star
garland around the ends of the
skewers or make cardboard stars from poster board- provide guests with jelly Life Savers, gummy peaches and other candies that have holes in the center - have guests string on the candies - use a large marshmallow on the end of the skewer to keep the candies from
slipping off
-print Tinkerbell pictures from the Internet for guests to colour
-play "Fairy Tag" - let the birthday girl tag the guests with her magic wand
-have a "Fairy Dress-Up Relay" -
d ivide guests into two or more groups - give each group a pile of "fairy clothes"
inluding a set of wings - the first player dresses in the fairy clothes and runs to a designated spot, before running back,
undressing and handing off the clothes to the next player - first team to finish wins
-play "Stick the Star on Tink's Wand" - play as you would "Pin the Tail on the Donkey"
-play "Pass the Wand" (like Hot Potato)
-hide Hershey Kisses and/or pennies around the party area and have guests
search for Fairy Gold

I love the pooh invite. So sweet! My girls are sharing a party this year. Turning 4 and 2. We are doing a Tinkerbell and Minnie Mouse party. First I have to get them a custom outfit. I found a lady on an auction site and she is handpainting the decoration. We are doing Pin the Bow on Minnie. No cake this year. I'll see how that goes. We are going to have Cup cakes and chocolate chip cookies. My youngest is allergic to milk and peanuts. Also my oldest could care less to eat cake. I don't know what kind of kid she is. She would rather have pinapple upside down cake. I don't know what else I'm going to do for the party. I'm going to make the crayon roll up for party favors. Don't know what elae I'm going to do.

I've also done a princess party where we made crowns etc and played put the kiss on Sleeping Beauty .. which my very talented friend drew for my Dd .. this was 2 years ago and the pic is still up on the door :rotfl:

katiesmom2 - what completely awesome and great ideas!!!! Very impressive!

Thanks! We own a party store and we give out these idea sheets to our customers when they buy the different theme sets.

Most of the ideas I got from the internet - I just compiled them into one neat page!

We have had 2 "Little Mermaid" themed luaus. The first luau I made a Little Mermaid cake using the Wilton cake pan for dolls. We found candy that looked like rocks and small dolphins and sharks to decorate around the cake. The "sand" is brown sugar. I am attaching a picture. The cello wrap is still on the cake so I'm afraid it isn't the best picture. We also used new sand mold from the Disney store as a Jell-o mold.
For activities we went on a treasure hunt for a styrofoam color covered w/ gold mylar and filled with candy and such. They also searched through a small pool filled with sand for sea shells. And we had a small blow-up pool w/ a plastic slide. This was for our daughter when she was 3 year's old.
When she was 7 year's old we had another "Little Mermaid Luau". This time I just purchased a store-bought themed cake.

SD801049.jpg
[/IMG]

My ds had his 4th birthday party last weekend. He wanted a pirate theme since he loved the PPP last year at WDW.

We had Pirate Punch( Blue Cool-Aid), Walk the Plank Pizza( cut into rectangles), and Out to Sea Salsa( fruit salsa w/pita chips). The cake was like one he saw on the cake thread.

We had a story teller dressed as a pirate, decorated pirate hats, decorated door hangers, and colored a pirate picture. I found pirate themed foam stickers for decorating and the children also used glitter glue and foam letters, we also had some pirate flags cut out to glue on the hats.

1A22-1.jpg

1A21-1.jpg

1A28-1.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter