Post your Barbershop pics!!! (Please?) =)

FYI, they aren't doing the gel at the barber shop anymore. You can still get the hair style and pixie dust though.

khertz said:
We got DS's first haircut done on our trip last November. They were great about distracting him during the cut...covering him with stickers, and light up spinning toys available when he was getting a little tired of sitting there towards the end. Just a warning for anyone taking a toddler, there is nothing to hold them onto the seat, they are pretty much just on a booster on the barber chair. The CM was great and the whole process was very smooth and easy. Great memory! We have him booked for another haircut on our upcoming October trip.

Cute! Who dat!

FYI, they aren't doing the gel at the barber shop anymore. You can still get the hair style and pixie dust though.

I was going to post the same thing! I know how dissapointed I was when they discontinued the colored gel. I purchased my own colored gel at Halloween from Kmart and whenever I get to go back, I will use it at the hotel then let her get pixie dust on top, to look like the old style :)

Those Mickey heads on the boys were thick. They had to pull space mtn off the track or clean it cuz DS's paint was not dry and got all over the ride. We also had to place a plastic bag behind his head in the car seat, so it would not go everywhere.

The pixie dust is free! When we went in last time they gave dd some and had her to put some on me, too.

My son's first haircut on his first trip when he was 18 months old.

IMG_2334-1.jpg

IMG_2359.jpg

I loved it. One of my top Disney moments.

We have had our kids hair cut there the last 2 years (they are now 5 and 3) including our 3 year old's first cut at 2. They are wonderful with kids.

Last year I even got my hair cut to show my little one it was ok and Michael (the gentleman in a previous posters picture) did a fantastic job. I know there are some men that are locals that come in to have him in particular cut their hair every month.

Forgot to add that sometimes you can grab a photopass photographer from outside to come in and take pictures for you. We have had them do this for us just by asking nicely.

These are some super cute pics! Was considering getting my son's hair cut there when we go in October but now think I'll try to get both the kids in. Do all the ears say "first hair cut?" Cause it's neither of my kids' first hair cut but I love the Mickey Ears!;)

Also, I know several people have mentioned they are no longer using the colored hair gel but do you know if they use plain old clear hair gel? My DS3 wears a bit of a spikey do and we usually use some gel on it at home...I would think the pixie dust and Mickey confetti would stay in better with a little gel.

claryche said:
My son's first haircut on his first trip when he was 18 months old.

I loved it. One of my top Disney moments.

What a gorgeous little boy! My DS is 2 and similar hair (though a bit longer!) and I'm thinking of getting it all chopped off this May when we are there. He will be turning 3 after all - high time for a "big boy" cut. I just can't imagine him with short hair!!!!

Were you sad afterwards?

jc040404 said:
My little one's first cut.. It was the day before his first birthday!

And big brother's turn.. He also had his first cut at MK, but those pics would take a little more work to find right now. ;)

She said it was "pirate" dust instead of pixie dust for him! :rotfl:

So cute. I do have a question though. Where did you get those cute t-shirts. They look they are a birthday theme?

Can you just go for a hairstyle? My DD8 has ALOT of hair. It's very thick, wavy and down to the middle of her back. :scared:

She's like her hair put up and some pixie dust, but doesn't want the BBB treatment. Could they handle it?

My goodness the kids in this thread are just adorable!! :)

My DS had his first haircut here when he was 14 months old... not the best experience. He was very upset by it. LOL! The poor CM cutting his hair was really wonderful and tried everything she could to calm him down and eventually we were able to get his hair cut. We will be getting my DD's first hair cut here in May she will be 2 and already her hair is almost to the middle of her back. Hopefully she will be more easy going about it than DS was! :rotfl: I called a few weeks ago and made an appointment for first thing in the morning.

Cute! Who dat!

:goodvibes

Thought since this thread resurfaced, I'd post some pictures from our experience this past October! DS was a little more nervous at first, hence the tears at the beginning, but Michael was excellent with him and DS warmed up by the end! There was also a Photopass photographer already in there taking pictures of everyone getting haircuts. He was already there when we arrived, and stayed, so I don't know if that is something they are trying to have on hand all the time or not, but it was fantastic!

0170.jpg

0173-Copy.jpg

0177.jpg

Photo0023FourBySix.jpg

Photo0026FourBySix.jpg

Photo0037FourBySix.jpg

Photo0042FourBySix.jpg

Photo0045FourBySix.jpg

Photo0046FourBySix.jpg

Another great experience at the Harmony Barber Shop! We will be booking it again for our next trip this coming October. :goodvibes

christie_megansmom said:
First haircut ever when we were there last year. She was 3 years, 9 months old.

Judy gave her this toy to hold to help keep her calm.

FIRST CUT! (cue mommy crying)

Thank you for this! My daughter will just be 4 when we go in 6 months and has yet to get an official haircut (I trimmed split ends once) We booked Harmony for 9am before a 10am CRT ressie. So excited :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter