Post your Barbershop pics!!! (Please?) =)

DD will be 17 mos and her bangs are getting way too long. Not sure she'll sit still though, are they pretty good with squirmy (and very stubborn) toddlers? Would so love to get her first haircut there.

Are there Photopass photographers there or are you on your own for pics (pre ordered the CD and want to get all I can out of it!)

Do you think we'll need a reservation for 2nd week in Sept?

Thank you and great post idea!!!

loricdietzel said:
How do you make an appointment for the barber shop and are they hard to get? How much do things generally run? I am thinking this would be a good (and cheaper) alternative to the BBB for dd age 4 (she did BBB last year) and my ds almost 2.

I called the dining reservation line to make our appointment. Not sure how hard they are to get, I called about 4 months before and there was still plenty of availability. I really can't remember how much we paid but I want to say around $15.

staceyeid said:
DD will be 17 mos and her bangs are getting way too long. Not sure she'll sit still though, are they pretty good with squirmy (and very stubborn) toddlers? Would so love to get her first haircut there.

Are there Photopass photographers there or are you on your own for pics (pre ordered the CD and want to get all I can out of it!)

Do you think we'll need a reservation for 2nd week in Sept?

Thank you and great post idea!!!

They are great at dealing with squirmy kids! They give them a ton of stickers and they have those spinning light up toys for them to play with.
There are no photopass photographers there (way too small a place for them to be there too!). I'm not sure how many walk-ins they take now but I would definitely make an appointment if you can get one. You won't wait in line as long which will help with the squirmy toddler issue!

Can't wait for this! My son will be 23 months and will get his first haircut here.

My son had his hair colored and pixie dusted 8 years ago. It lasted three days.

100_1890-1.jpg

100_1872-1.jpg

I have an appointment in September for my soon to be 9 month old (his hair is crazy long).

I called the "Dining reservation" number. The price is $20.00 and you get Mickey ears that say "first haircut" on the back and a certificate.

I thought the price was really low since Mickey ears are like $20 by themselves.

I just hope my little guy sits still for a bit to get some of the hair cut. I am going to buy him a "special something" so he has something to do while he is getting his do done.

Reddy, I've seen adults walking around with their hair done.

We've never done an appointment, always walk-in and never had more than a 10 or 15 minute wait. Though I think it's getting more popular now as an alternative to BBB so as more people learn about the Barbershop there may be less availability for walk-ins.

They have toys (various light-up spinny things) and stickers to help keep the little ones occupied.

No Photopass photogs - barely enough space for the barbers, customers in the barber chairs plus a couple of parents watching.

Thinking about getting a trim for my 3 1/2 yo DD. How difficult was the color/glitter to get out? Did it wash out fairly easily?

Cute pics everyone! Thanks for sharing!

Thinking about getting a trim for my 3 1/2 yo DD. How difficult was the color/glitter to get out? Did it wash out fairly easily?

Cute pics everyone! Thanks for sharing!

Washed right out with shampoo. It did take a bit to dry, so we got some glitter on a bench in MK, LOL

How do you make an appointment for the barber shop and are they hard to get? How much do things generally run? I am thinking this would be a good (and cheaper) alternative to the BBB for dd age 4 (she did BBB last year) and my ds almost 2.

Definitely call. We are going next week and had trouble with availability for the twins. I had to settle on a day and time I didn't really want. It was for 2 kids so not sure if that made a difference, but I would definitely call.

Thank you for all of the information and tips. DH and I are very excited to get little one's first haircut there next month!!!!

First haircut ever when we were there last year. She was 3 years, 9 months old.

Judy gave her this toy to hold to help keep her calm.
6092622951_69dbbe0955.jpg

FIRST CUT! (cue mommy crying)
6092627929_cbe700e3f3.jpg

6092633733_10ef600dec.jpg

6092637753_e0ed4b1fdd.jpg

6092639013_f3d1cbf411.jpg

Is it just me, or is that the same CM in all of the pictures??? Lol! I love WDW!

I am ecstatic for DD's (17 mos) first haircut at the World next month!

We got DS's first haircut done on our trip last November. They were great about distracting him during the cut...covering him with stickers, and light up spinning toys available when he was getting a little tired of sitting there towards the end. Just a warning for anyone taking a toddler, there is nothing to hold them onto the seat, they are pretty much just on a booster on the barber chair. The CM was great and the whole process was very smooth and easy. Great memory! We have him booked for another haircut on our upcoming October trip.

0351.jpg

0356.jpg

0361.jpg

0372.jpg

Oh, I have a million pictures! Both of our girls have had their first haircuts here, and out son will get his next month!

This is my middle daughter. She has Asperger's Syndrome (on the Autism Spectrum) and Sensory Processing Disorder, and they were GREAT with her. She does look a little nervous in her pictures, but she stayed calm and quiet the whole time because they are amazing! She was 3 years, 5 months, with very curly and unruly hair!

Before:
disney-2011-day-7-068.jpg

During. Lots of stickers!
disney-2011-day-7-079.jpg

Take a look!
disney-2011-day-7-139.jpg

Nice, Mom and Dad?!
disney-2011-day-7-120.jpg

Time for some Pixie Dust!
disney-2011-day-7-156.jpg

disney-2011-day-7-150.jpg

Here's our oldest daughter getting her first cut. She was 4 years, 4 months.

Stickers, of course!
31168_659568033443_8052841_n.jpg

Cape. A superhero.
31168_659568038433_688968_n.jpg

The first cut.
31168_659568058393_7891403_n.jpg

Earned her ears!
31168_659568098313_656448_n.jpg

She's proud of herself! Beautiful cut, and they saved all the curls!
31168_659568103303_2112413_n.jpg

PIXIE DUST!
31168_659568133243_7991070_n.jpg

Can't wait for my son to carry on the tradition :goodvibes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter