• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Post Pictures of Tent Camping @ FW

I chickened out and returned mine today so some camper braver than me can get a really good deal. I purchased one at Walmart that I think I will be happy with. Great reviews so I'll keep my fingers crossed since I have big plans for this tent. I can't figure out how to link a picture so you can go here to see it http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=5493338 I didn't pay full price since it was a clearance item in the store, wish me luck.
Linda

I like the cabin style better than domes, they seem to be more roomy. Just curious, how many do you plan to sleep in there? I know it says it is a 5-person cabin but I doubt you will be able to get 5 in there comfortably. There's only 3 of us and we had a Coleman 9x12 which we had to upgrade to a larger tent this past year because DS's feet were poking through. That sounds like I have a 9 foot son :rotfl: but in reality by the time you add pillows, sleeping bags, teddy bear, lantern, fan and room to flop around, the space is eaten up fairly quickly.

I chickened out and returned mine today so some camper braver than me can get a really good deal. I purchased one at Walmart that I think I will be happy with. Great reviews so I'll keep my fingers crossed since I have big plans for this tent.

DH and I purchased this tent for our trip to the Fort this past December and we loved it. I was a little concerned about it so we put it up in the backyard for a test run before the trip and it survived high winds and a good downpour with no problem. I did seal it beforehand, though. Just didn't want to take any chances.

Can't wait to take it back again in April! :cool2:

I like the cabin style better than domes, they seem to be more roomy. Just curious, how many do you plan to sleep in there? I know it says it is a 5-person cabin but I doubt you will be able to get 5 in there comfortably. There's only 3 of us and we had a Coleman 9x12 which we had to upgrade to a larger tent this past year because DS's feet were poking through. That sounds like I have a 9 foot son :rotfl: but in reality by the time you add pillows, sleeping bags, teddy bear, lantern, fan and room to flop around, the space is eaten up fairly quickly.

I plan to have three in the tent. My husband and six year old will be joining me. We will have a queen size air mattress for the three of us. There is no point in even attempting to get my "chicken little" son to sleep on his own bed no matter how much more comfortable we all might be.

I chickened out and returned mine today so some camper braver than me can get a really good deal. I purchased one at Walmart that I think I will be happy with. Great reviews so I'll keep my fingers crossed since I have big plans for this tent.

DH and I purchased this tent for our trip to the Fort this past December and we loved it. I was a little concerned about it so we put it up in the backyard for a test run before the trip and it survived high winds and a good downpour with no problem. I did seal it beforehand, though. Just didn't want to take any chances.

Can't wait to take it back again in April! :cool2:

Does this tent really have two rooms? It doesn't say it does on the box so I'm just wondering.

Does this tent really have two rooms? It doesn't say it does on the box so I'm just wondering.

I just checked it out for you...it does. Here's a pic showing the divider:
adivider.jpg

I think it looks bigger than it actually is. Since that tent is an 8x10, and it looks like it is divided equally, I'm guessing, with the queen mattress (which is about 5 x 6.5), I doubt you'll be able to use it as two rooms. You don't want any part of your air mattress, blankets, or pillows or anything touching the sides of the walls because it will act as a wick when it rains and once it starts, there's no stopping it.

...You don't want any part of your air mattress, blankets, or pillows or anything touching the sides of the walls because it will act as a wick when it rains and once it starts, there's no stopping it.

Ya know....I NEVER thought about that....great point.....making mental note.

I just checked it out for you...it does. Here's a pic showing the divider:
adivider.jpg

I think it looks bigger than it actually is. Since that tent is an 8x10, and it looks like it is divided equally, I'm guessing, with the queen mattress (which is about 5 x 6.5), I doubt you'll be able to use it as two rooms. You don't want any part of your air mattress, blankets, or pillows or anything touching the sides of the walls because it will act as a wick when it rains and once it starts, there's no stopping it.

That thing looks like a church more than a tent. Maybe on Women's Wild Weekend it could be used as a confession hall before the ladies go home.

Ive never been caught tenting in the rain before....and hopefully that luck will hold thru till after May

It does have a removeable divider but I don't think you'll want to use it. We actually just tossed ours. If you used the divider, the queen air mattress would be right up agains the wall and,like Tent Camping Mom said, you don't want that. Besides, it doesn't make for very good air circulation.

I think it should be PLENTY of room for the three of you.

It really looks more like a cabin to me but you will find others like that or similar. One thing about staying dry, make sure you seam seal it and we always use some Scotch Guard, Camp Dry, or any spray on fabric protectant. We usually seam seal once a year but really you probably don't need to do it that often, we just tent a lot. But we always use the spray on before every trip.

Can someone explain seam sealing. I need a visual...
I bought some sealer at walmart last month ....it basically comes in what looks like a bingo stamper, its filled with liquid latex....and you just dab it along the seams of the tent from the inside.

Yes, totally set it up in a well ventilated area or you may get a little :hippie:
and run the bingo stamper (yep, that's what it looks like :thumbsup2 ) along all the seams inside and out. Anywhere you see stitching along the tent.

I am camping in April in a tent and I would love to see pictures of how everyone sets up thier sites. I need ideas.... :confused3 because I'm clueless.
thanks
Linda

My DH and I are also tent camping for the first time in May. These forums have been awesome! What dates are you going? We are leaving town 04/29 but making a couple pit stops and won't be to FW till 05/05. If you will be back before we leave I would LOVE to know how your trip went and any tips you might have for another first timer!
HAVE FUN!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter