Post Pictures of Tent Camping @ FW

memorykeeper

Mouseketeer
I am camping in April in a tent and I would love to see pictures of how everyone sets up thier sites. I need ideas.... :confused3 because I'm clueless.
thanks
Linda

I went through every post in that thread and there are only a few tent camping ones. It would be nice to see more if they're out there. Google has turned up very few as well.

There's not a whole lot of tent pics around...the best pic Ive ever seen for reference to set up a tent site is this one...perfect example of what you really need to be comfy and efficient.

IntCamp.jpg

This pic was borrowed from Natasha's Camping Site and it has lots of usefull info. But again...there are a few pics on this site...but they are fairly burried.

LOL....I think clkelly just posted them ALL....she is the neatest, most well organized tenter Ive ever seen. Oh yeah...there's some pics of a very unique set up by a guy called "TARP MAN" ...if ya do a search, I bet you could find his wacky site!!!

Here's ours from last year...before we got our Copper Canyon.
This is site 1501 (right behind the bus stop).
This poor pitiful Coleman tent was well worn.
This was the last time we used it at the Fort.
TCM12.jpg

Here's our Copper Canyon...huge tent but we couldn't
fit in the 1500 loop with it and our screen house
so we're on 2050 (in case anybody wonders,
it's 432 feet from the comfort station to the left
and 432 feet from the comfort station to the right
according to my portable GPSr). In other words,
this is the furthest most site from any comfort station:
2050s.jpg

With the extra room, we were able to upgrade to air mattresses:
Inside002s.jpg

Inside our screen house:
TCM07.jpg

Kitchen Area:
TCM13.jpg

Oh my goodness! How in the world do you become so organized Tent Camping Mom & clkelley?!? :worship: WOW! We've never tent camped but I intend to this year! I'll be checking out this board a lot more often!

WOW thanks for the pictures. How far is it from the power pole to the picnic table? Can you reach your tent at the rear of the site from the power pole?

WOW thanks for the pictures. How far is it from the power pole to the picnic table? Can you reach your tent at the rear of the site from the power pole?

I bring several 40 foot OUTDOOR extension cords and several power strips, so have never had trouble with power.

Tent Camping Mom

What brand is your camping kitchen?? That is the exact kind I have been looking for. Thanks!

It's the Lewis and Clark Fold and Go Camp Kitchen. Coleman has a similar one but a lot more expensive. I gave it a test drive and left it out on our deck for two weeks in the rain and sun and never got a rust spot. It's good quality. I had originally seen them at Sam's Club but they sold out before I gave in. So I ordered mine from some place on the internet....can't remember the store.

Can you pitch your tent on the cement or does everything need to fit on the sand part? Anyone know the size in feet of each site?

Yes, you can put your tent on the concrete area, but then you have no way to stake it down.

Kitchen Area:
TCM13.jpg

Hey TCM, the pic of your little one sleeping is precious. Is your refrigerator on a shelf that is part of the camping kitchen? How do you haul everything in, do you stow it in something you're towing?

If anyone's interested, I saw those same sized storage bins marked down at Home Depot for about $4. They're Rubbermaid (which I also use for our camping stuff; I think they last much longer than other brands, and $4 for that size is really good.)

Hi there. I'll answer for DW since she's out giving my money to Wal-mart :scared1: Yes, the refrigerator sits on a shelf that is part of the camp kitchen. Before I opened it, I thought the shelf may be too flimsy for the refrigerator but it is very sturdy. It fits perfectly, well maybe a little overhang but there's no way it will tilt over.

We haul everything down in a minivan with a luggage carrier on top and bike rack on back. Mostly the tent, screen house and lounge chairs go in the luggage carrier. I remove the rear seat from the van and one of the passenger seats and that gives us plenty of room for hauling. DW has a picture or two that she can post. She has them in her photobucket so when she returns, I'll tell her to post here.:thumbsup2

Yes, the refrigerator sits on a shelf that is part of the camp kitchen. Before I opened it, I thought the shelf may be too flimsy for the refrigerator but it is very sturdy. It fits perfectly, well maybe a little overhang but there's no way it will tilt over.

We haul everything down in a minivan with a luggage carrier on top and bike rack on back.

Thanks very much for the info. That's pretty helpful and gives us an idea of the quality of the camping kitchen.

Is your luggage carrier soft-sided? We bought one recently and decided on that kind because it looked like it would hold more and have less wind resistance. We were amazed at how much we were able to shove in there, it was basically everything we needed for our trip to FW.

Actually, I didn't even go to Wally World...just Lowes and Kohls...
which I do more damage anyway :rolleyes1

Back to the topic on hand...here's our cargo carrier, it's a Sears Sport 20, hardsided since we do a lot of camping (not just at FW) and it's held up nicely over the years:
carrier.jpg

In the process of organizing and loading:
Loading003.jpg

And here we are fully loaded (I think this one is at Stone Mountain):
IMG_1388.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter