Post pics of your bag you carry into park

I have several different types of Baggalinis that I have bought over the years and the colors to me seem true to the pictures! I've bought grey, tan, lime green, and navy!

Thanks! Now I just need to find out which of these colors my dh will hold when I need him to! :laughing:

I carry a very small over the shoulder purse. If it doesn't fit then I don't need to bring it with me. In it I carry my phone, camera, cigarettes and lighter, park maps, a small change purse (which serves as my entire wallet - money, credit card, DL, room key), a pen and a very small notebook, glasses case to switch from regular glasses to sunglasses, and a baggie of Exedrine and Advil. I can also fit DH's sunglasses if he needs. It all fits tight but it fits. I can "tetris" this tiny purse like a master! I also have a carabiner clipped to the strap to clip DH's hat for fast rides.

Ordered this from Amazon for my recent trip and loved it! The Baggallini Zip N Go - it's about 9" x 7" x 3", a nice choice if you don't need something as big as a backpack or messenger bag, but want to be able to carry some extras (like gloves for those freezing cold mornings!). It works as a shoulder bag, cross-body bag, or waist bag, and it really is liquid-repellent (I dripped OJ on it at AK and it beaded up and wiped right off). The credit card slots in the front of the shorter section (2nd zipper down) were great for stowing my KTTW, FPs and Photopass. The 2 front zip sections are flat, the upper two are deep/thick (good for camera, wallet, phone, etc) and there is a flat pocket on the back ideal for park maps/schedules. This is the "Mushroom" color with blue interior.

IMG_0254-1.jpg

IMG_0256-1.jpg

That looks almost just like my Travelon Slim Line Messenger bag...which could use retiring since I've been using it for 6 years now!:goodvibes Will have to check into that! How much was it?;)
Does it happen to have a pocket in the back(where it would rest against your body?) My Travelon does and I love it as an extra secure place to keep cash and such.
http://www.amazon.com/Travelon-Slim...r_1_1?s=apparel&ie=UTF8&qid=1334693072&sr=1-1

I'm with you guys! After carrying a Baggallini Messenger Bag for three trips I have come to the conclusion that I want to feel as free as possible on our next trip. I'm sick of the sore back and neck and I don't care one bit what people think of what I wear in the park to hold the things I need. I don't want something pulling on my neck, and stretching out my shirt, hitting people when I step to close to them. I don't want to have to swing something to my side or front to access it- I just want it there. And I don't want it so big that I carry too much stuff. I will pack a separate bag to keep in a locker with all the extra stuff and keep my essential items in my FP. I saw so many fanny packs on people in the parks- and many of them were hip, younger women and they didn't seem to concerned that they were wearing an "ugly fanny Pack". Seriously, who makes up the rules for these things anyway? :confused3

Preach it! :thumbsup2 I am switching to a fanny pack for my upcoming trip in May.

Preach it! :thumbsup2 I am switching to a fanny pack for my upcoming trip in May.

I would love to fanny pack it for our upcoming May trip too.... but with 3 kid, 4 if you count dh, it just doesn't work out! I do love my fanny pack for trips without the little monkeys!

It is the Lesportsac Deluxe Everyday Messenger in Aquarelle. I plan on wearing it cross-body, but like that it can be a shoulder bag as well.
51FtZkfWqrL._SL160_SL90_.jpg

Heads up: a lot of the Lesportsac bags' straps are a wee bit too short to wear crossbody if you are larger.

That looks almost just like my Travelon Slim Line Messenger bag...which could use retiring since I've been using it for 6 years now!:goodvibes Will have to check into that! How much was it?;)
Does it happen to have a pocket in the back(where it would rest against your body?) My Travelon does and I love it as an extra secure place to keep cash and such.
http://www.amazon.com/Travelon-Slim...r_1_1?s=apparel&ie=UTF8&qid=1334693072&sr=1-1

It looks like the Travelon is a couple of inches longer/taller, and I see that the back pocket on it zips closed.

The Zip & Go does have a flat pocket on the exterior back; it is about 7" deep and closes with just a magnet. I liked it for park schedules/guides. It has a fairly thin, flat strap that clips at both ends to the sides of the bag.

I paid $30.10 on Amazon, plus shipping and tax. Some of the colors were a little more or a little less, but this was the color I wanted. I know they also had them on ebags with occasional discounts/sales.

Heads up: a lot of the Lesportsac bags' straps are a wee bit too short to wear crossbody if you are larger.

We are back from our trip and I really liked my bag. I am 5'10" and am fairly long-waisted and did not have any issues with the strap length. Sometimes it did rub me the wrong way on my neck, but I liked the accessibility of this style a lot more then the cross-body backpack bag I brought on a previous trip. I wore this one as a shoulder bag too when I didn't feel like having it cross-body. It definitely helped to test out the fit before we left!

I just realized you can see the bag in my avatar pic :)

Got my Baggallini Messenger bag in the mail today!! Now I just have to figure out what all I want to put in it and where! :cool1:

In the past I have worn a fanny pack and did quite well with it, but on a thrift store shopping trip I came across a very nice Vera mini hipster that I intend to use on my next Disney trip, I don't feel the need to post a pic as I first off don't know how and second have seen several already posted just the same size, just different pattern. I do not have small kids and only carry information and gift cards or money for the day, some chap stick, gum, personal meds, and throw away rain poncho, wear my sunglasses, camera and KTTW around my neck. I also keep a very few other items in my bag. What is important to me is light weight and hands free for the rides and taking pictures.

...is the pockets I have on my Cargo shorts! I went the route of carrying backpacks,ugly fannypacks and slingbags. NO MORE!!!!!
My camera is around my neck and everything else is in a pocket! works great for me!

I am looking for a good pair of cargo capris just for this trip. Any suggestions?

I just bought this at Wal Mart for $12 for my Disneyland trip in November. It's a smaller backpack with just enough room for the essentials and the straps are nice and long for easy on and off!

backpack.jpg

Ooooh oooh! That is exactly the type of thing I'd carry. Small, cute, fun and easy enough that my DD could carry it too! Thanks for posting this!

Fanny pack for me. I really do not want to be lugging around very much in the parks. I guess that is the perk to being older. I could not imagine the days where I had to pack all of the kids' stuff and a stroller around. I must be getting old!!:rotfl2:

Could anyone recommend a cross body bag with a water bottle holder.:)

I love the overland equiptment donner bag for WDW. Built in water bottle holders on the side. Oldie but goodie here on the disboards.:thumbsup2

I love the overland equiptment donner bag for WDW. Built in water bottle holders on the side. Oldie but goodie here on the disboards.:thumbsup2

Thanks for the suggestion. I did find one on QVC that has a thermal bottle holder and room for other stuff. I think it's called the carry on caddy. Not sure if it's big enough. I can not go without my water!

I have been on the search for the perfect park bag ever since our first trip in 2006. I've used everything from a backpack, to a Vera Hipster, and a sling bag. Nothing seems to be exactly what I want. I even bought 2 Baggallinis within the last month, and had to take both back because they were not big enough. I started to order the Baggallini Messenger, but I knew it would be too big.

I finally found something that I think is going to work. Just happened to stumble upon it on the Walmart website. I ordered one and received it, and my boyfriend liked it so much he got it. I was going to order another, and decided to order one for my son and one myself, since they were so cheap. It's very roomy, with all sorts of pockets and I love the outside water bottle pocket. It's called the Goodhope Bags Smart Sling Briefcase, and it's just the right size - not too small or big. I might even use it for my carry-on for the flight. My boyfriend and I got the black, and my son got the blue.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Goodhope-Bags-Smart-Sling-Briefcase/16944258

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter