Post family Disney-theme night ideas HERE!

Oh my goodness, Becc1, you have so many great ideas! I love the "witch is dead" cupcakes, and those banana dolphins!

Do you have a recipe for the grey stuff? My poor kids have never watched Beauty and the Beast. I've got to put that on our list!

Oh my goodness, Becc1, you have so many great ideas! I love the "witch is dead" cupcakes, and those banana dolphins!

Do you have a recipe for the grey stuff? My poor kids have never watched Beauty and the Beast. I've got to put that on our list!

Thank you, I'd love to take credit for everything but I do get a lot of ideas from Pinterest :)

Here's the recipe I used for the "gray stuff"

http://www.thedisneydiner.com/2013/02/try-grey-stuff-its-delicious-heres.html?m=1

DERP! Brave is our first movie night and it's tonight! Wish I had seen this earlier, I would have taken a stab at it. They look tasty! I will bookmark the page for sure - thanks for sharing this.
They are super easy you have plenty of time . :)

Reporting back after our first Disney movie night...and I can say that this is a great thing to do! We did Brave since we haven't watched that in a while.

I had the flyer & tickets next to breakfast plates in the morning. Kids were excited. We all went off to work and summer camp. Eldest (DD7) was cranky after camp because she wanted to go play at a friends house..until she saw the table decked out with her Merida dolls and the paper stand ups from the movie! She was so excited!

DH (who I thought would eye roll because I decorated and printed tickets and a menu and all) was all in, calling the food by the silly names and everything.

After dinner we all watched the movie together - really together, no mom and dad sending work emails or tidying the kitchen or anything. It was fabulous.

I love the idea of activities but we all get home pretty close to dinner time so I'm not sure I can fit that in, maybe a quick coloring page...

This morning DS3 saw the table was back to normal and said "where's movie night? What happened?" So I guess he had fun.

Can't wait for this Friday!

Tonight's dinner and fun was all themed after The Seven Dwarves Mine Train. As always, pics and games are included and you can even search Mickey Monday as the catagory for plenty of other themed family fun nights. We have been doing them as a way to count down our Disney trips fro several years. My littlest one is so sad when we get to the last Mickey Monday before a trip. Here's my blog.... https://aleasalbums.wordpress.com/

Movie Night last night!

Watched Phineas & Ferb - Across the 2nd Demension - had BBQ Ribs (that DH cooked on the grill low and slow for 3 hours - YUM) Potato salad, and baked beans - played disney uno

Easy Peasy!!

I can't post pictures for some reason, maybe cuz I'm a newbie, but we had a fun family night this Monday. My husband and I work together to make our Mickey Mondays extra special. I pick a theme, He tackles the food that goes with our theme, and I cover decorations and activities. We hardly ever watch a movie for our family night, because we are usually focusing on a ride or show from WDW. This week was the Seven Dwarves Mine Train! We had 7 tiny items on our menu, from the simple "Sleepy's crunchy dwarf hats" (Bugles) to "Dopey's jiggly gem dessert". (jello squares!)Everything was tiny and he had a plate with 7 of everything! Miniature hot dogs in little buns, Mini hamburgers (he used kona Hawaiian rolls as the buns), mini-pepperoni pizzas, small twice baked potatoes. (made using those little finger potatoes) and golden mac & cheese cups made in a tiny muffin pan! He really outdid himself. As for me, I decorated my favorite way, by using things we have around the house or re-purposed from other parties. For example, we have candle lanterns as decor in our living room, so I borrowed those as a centerpiece, along with a tin bucket filled with apple candles snagged from the fall decoration bin. (A nod to Snow White) I sprinkled gems we had left over from various crafts all around the lanterns and pail, and gathered some up in little tin containers I had. It doesn't have to be much to make it special. Activities were games, like search the mine for gems. Our game room in the basement is pretty dark, even in the day, so I cracked glow bracelets in 2 colors for the kids, and had them find their color bracelet. There were 5 for each of them to find. At the last minute, I strung up 2 strands of Christmas lights to make it look a little less scary down there. This was probably their favorite activity of the night. The other activities were Pass the Poison Apple,(hot potato) Wishing Well coin toss (only we used paper apples), and Dopey’s Memory/Trivia: Need seven dwarves made of Hershey’s kisses with answers to Snow White trivia on the bottom. Also need questions. How to play: Ask a question. The kiddo whose turn it is gets to look underneath one kissable dwarf to see if they have the right answer. If they get it right, they get to keep the dwarf. We let daddy play, and the kids won, each earning 6 dwarves. The dwarves took me a half hour to make, maybe a little more. But they were so cute that my kids still haven't been able to eat them. They were definitely appreciated, even though I didn't take the time to make sure I made one of each specific dwarf...for example, they all have beards, (so there is no Dopey) and I didn't add glasses to make Doc authentic. I have pictures of everything on my blog and lots more ideas for family nights, too. Just look under Mickey Mondays. I also do fun countdowns with my kids for Disney and holidays. I don't make anything from my blog, or anything, I just like to feel that what I'm writing is actually getting seen! Also, I just like to share my love of Disney! https://aleasalbums.wordpress.com/

When planning our Disney Dinners, I make sure we are giving a nod to each theme park. https://aleasalbums.files.wordpress.com/2015/08/img_2432.jpg
This week, we celebrated the Kidcot stations at World Showcase in Epcot! We had dishes from each of the countries at Epcot and made a passport for our actual trip that the kids will get stamped while we are there. I set up different country stations where they could work on their passports. They really took their time crafting the passports, and trying out all the foods, which aren't things we usually eat. All the info and pictures are on my blog, here:
https://aleasalbums.wordpress.com/2015/08/18/world-showcase-kidcot-themed-mickey-monday/

Impromptu mini movie night, my DD wanted to have a Descendants night and I used what I had on hand to put a little something together for snacks!

image.jpg

We had a different snack to represent each of the Villians in the movie.

image.jpg

Apple slices with a "poison" yogurt dip, Jafar's serpent staffs (pretzel rods), my DD made the black and white Cruella de Vil cupcakes and we had a Malificent green punch to drink :). I also printed out coloring pages of the different Villians to color while we watched the movie.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Didn't go overboard but it was fun and of course we loved the movie!

We've been doing Disney days for years now, but I'm finally going to post!!! Today we did Wreck it Ralph and had some friends over to join in. They have never watchef the movie and have a DD so we veered more on the Sugar Rush side. While prepping everything my older DS watched the movie ( wish I could have watched as well). For activities we did lollipop crafts, the Wreck-it-Ralph activity book and coloring sheets, played Candyland, made candy race cars and did the mentos, diet coke geyser :) for supper we had meatloaf cupcakes (idea from this thread), fast fries, pacman naan bread, not so sweet salad, Felix's hammers, cybot eggs (grapes) and brocolli salad (no fun name). Dessert was shaped as Ralph's medal and we also had pac man cherries and lots of candy!!! It was a fun day :) thanks to everyone for all the ideas!! Oops almost forgot, we had pacman pancakes for breakfast! IMG_20150822_084538.jpg IMG_20150822_170413.jpg IMG_20150822_162153.jpg IMG_20150822_162217.jpg IMG_20150822_180159.jpg IMG_20150822_193622.jpg IMG_20150822_200650.jpg download_20150822_220550.jpg IMG_20150822_162143.jpg IMG_20150822_162356.jpg [GALLERY=][/GALLERY]

Impromptu mini movie night, my DD wanted to have a Descendants night and I used what I had on hand to put a little something together for snacks!

View attachment 117809

We had a different snack to represent each of the Villians in the movie.

View attachment 117810

Apple slices with a "poison" yogurt dip, Jafar's serpent staffs (pretzel rods), my DD made the black and white Cruella de Vil cupcakes and we had a Malificent green punch to drink :). I also printed out coloring pages of the different Villians to color while we watched the movie.

View attachment 117811

View attachment 117812

View attachment 117813

View attachment 117814

Didn't go overboard but it was fun and of course we loved the movie!
How cute! My kids loved that movie!

We've been doing Disney days for years now, but I'm finally going to post!!! Today we did Wreck it Ralph and had some friends over to join in. They have never watchef the movie and have a DD so we veered more on the Sugar Rush side. While prepping everything my older DS watched the movie ( wish I could have watched as well). For activities we did lollipop crafts, the Wreck-it-Ralph activity book and coloring sheets, played Candyland, made candy race cars and did the mentos, diet coke geyser :) for supper we had meatloaf cupcakes (idea from this thread), fast fries, pacman naan bread, not so sweet salad, Felix's hammers, cybot eggs (grapes) and brocolli salad (no fun name). Dessert was shaped as Ralph's medal and we also had pac man cherries and lots of candy!!! It was a fun day :) thanks to everyone for all the ideas!! Oops almost forgot, we had pacman pancakes for breakfast! View attachment 118779 View attachment 118781 View attachment 118782 View attachment 118783 View attachment 118784 View attachment 118786 View attachment 118787 View attachment 118788 View attachment 118792 View attachment 118795 [GALLERY=][/GALLERY]
Love that you made the candy cars. I've been storing ideas on Pintrest for a Wreck it Ralph dinner because someday, we're doing it! Loved all your ideas! Thanks for sharing!

You guys have such great ideas!!! We regularly do movie and game nights, but we don't theme them. I think I'm going to have to make time to do it because it looks so fun!

I love the idea of theming the night toward a park (MK, AK, DHS, Epcot) - and I am also thinking of doing one for our resort (Coronado Springs)... if you theme this way, do you do something for a movie? I was thinking of You Tube clips of rides/fireworks/shows or what not...?

I love the idea of theming the night toward a park (MK, AK, DHS, Epcot) - and I am also thinking of doing one for our resort (Coronado Springs)... if you theme this way, do you do something for a movie? I was thinking of You Tube clips of rides/fireworks/shows or what not...?
If you check out my blog, you'll see that even though we have a couple hours of fun, we hardly ever watch a movie on Mickey Mondays. Although sometimes, we'll watch a ride through of the ride we are celebrating. (if celebrating is the right word) We do watch movies on other nights, but on our family night, I like to do things where we are enjoying being together, not all looking at a screen. We have a themed dinner and then do a few activities, occasionally a craft. For example, our next theme is Kali River Rapids, and I am planning a bunch of water fun games outside. My husband and I will be joining right in with them!

Ok! Kali River Rapids, here we come! I had fun planning this last Mickey Monday before our trip! I went with water games and it was nice and hot outside so it made getting splashed fun! My husband went with an Asian theme for dinner, and I decorated with a water theme. The only bad thing of the night, was that my camera died, pretty much out of the blue, and with only 2 days til we leave! But I still was able to take pictures for much of the event, you can find details on our special drink to go with our theme, and find out all about our menu and games. https://aleasalbums.wordpress.com/2015/09/01/kali-river-rapids-mickey-monday/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter