Post family Disney-theme night ideas HERE!

I did a Disney theme night party to "Beauty and the Beast" a few weeks ago... I'm still adding pictures and recipes, but I have to say, I think it came out really, really well. The kids had a total blast. Considering we have 3 boys (though one was sick), getting them to latch on to a fairytale party is kind of a big deal. LoL!

For crafts, we made magic mirrors. Then for dinner we had thyme rubbed pork, Lefou's Brew, French onion soup, the grey stuff, and mini-cronuts while we listened to the soundtrack, then we went to the living room for movie night.

Here's the link for people who care for more pics, recipes, etc:

The Disney Chef

DSC00405.JPG

DSC00471.JPG

DSC00497.JPG

DSC00521.JPG

Help! I need ideas for Underdog Theme night.
I was thinking of making capes for the craft.
I could make something shaped like dog bones - bread or cookies
I was also thinking about making 'puppy chow' - trail mix
I could make super power juice
??? main course???

Help! I need ideas for Underdog Theme night.
I was thinking of making capes for the craft.
I could make something shaped like dog bones - bread or cookies
I was also thinking about making 'puppy chow' - trail mix
I could make super power juice
??? main course???
Power Dogs? (Hot Dogs)

It's been almost 2 years since I posted in here. While we haven't been doing our movie nights as often as we used to, they have picked up since we have a trip planned and we've been doing other non Disney movie nights as well :)

The Little Mermaid night was over a year ago.

image.jpg

image.jpg

For dinner we had Ursula hot dogs, Sebastian's crab pretzel and shells and cheese, ocean water to drink :)

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg image.jpg

Movie snacks
image.jpg

Love these! My kids thought our Dalmation day celebration was fun, and all we did was make pizzas with 101 spots (mini pepperoni & watch the movie & dance around the living room singing cruella deville song...) these will be a hit!

Guardians of the Galaxy

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Dessert - Groot cupcakes
image.jpg

Coloring pages and a puzzle as our activities
image.jpg

image.jpg

Movie snacks
image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    162 KB · Views: 0
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    159.1 KB · Views: 0
I did an Ohana night last week! We put some shrimp, chicken, pork, and steak skewers on the grill. I also made noodles, salad with the tropical vinaigrette, and even the Ohana bread pudding! Everyone said it was identical to the one at the actual restaurant. I felt so accomplished :) You can find all the recipes online! Just do a quick Google search.

I also decorated my backyard with tiki torches and I even have some trees with tropical flowers on it. I looked up "adventureland loop" on YouTube and played it in the background. It was so much fun! We watched Lilo and Stitch afterwards. :)

Attachments

• 20150624_201840.jpg
    20150624_201840.jpg
    147.1 KB · Views: 5
This was the second Princess and the Frog night we've done. The first one was years ago when the movie just came out on dvd, it's somewhere on this thread, lol. We celebrate Mardi Gras every year and the kids wanted to tie it in to a movie night this past February :)

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Dinner was gumbo with our version of a Kings Cake that my DD made

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

We love Disney Headbands! That or Disney-themed charades. We do these all the time (tonight, actually), even when we don't have a countdown!

Teen Beach Movie 2

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Dinner was beach party food, burgers, hot dogs, steak for DH and I and sides
image.jpg

Dessert - S'more Dip
image.jpg

Movie snacks - beach balls, goldfish, gummy sharks and lobsters!
image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    138.8 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Love these ideas! You are all so creative, looking forward to doing some of these for our first trip in October!!

We just started our Disney Family Movie Nights this past weekend! I forgot to take any pictures, but we watched Song of the South. We made fried chicken, biscuits, salad, and had mixed briar patch berries (raspberries, blueberries, and blackberries) and I made Coca-Cola Cake for dessert. For an activity we didn't do anything big for this one, I pulled some Splash Mountain coloring pages out of my WDW coloring book and we colored those. It was a lot of fun and I'm looking forward to more of them! Next time I will remember to take pictures!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter