Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

Double post - we forgot to check in for our return flight from WDW last week. I was an hour late. We still managed to get B37! I was shocked.
I made that mistake once and have bought EBCI for at least the trip home every time since. It's been really nice and well worth the added cost. I'm cheap, but not willing to have C if I can avoid it.

Not bad options for us, luckily they have nonstops from BWI to California! Was about 35k points each, or just over $500ish per person. I booked with points this time because we aren't 100% sure if we're going yet, so we wanted the better flexibility.

Now the question we'll have to juggle is do we want to buy a seat for our toddler or not? We've done two trips with him as a lap child so far and it hasn't been horrible, but those were only 2ish hour flights. This will be about 5 hours. Sitting with him on our lap for that long sounds terrible, but I also don't want to spend $500 on him because I know he wouldn't sit in his own seat anyway!

Not bad options for us, luckily they have nonstops from BWI to California! Was about 35k points each, or just over $500ish per person. I booked with points this time because we aren't 100% sure if we're going yet, so we wanted the better flexibility.

Now the question we'll have to juggle is do we want to buy a seat for our toddler or not? We've done two trips with him as a lap child so far and it hasn't been horrible, but those were only 2ish hour flights. This will be about 5 hours. Sitting with him on our lap for that long sounds terrible, but I also don't want to spend $500 on him because I know he wouldn't sit in his own seat anyway!
In their own seat and in their regular car seat is the best way I've found. Keeps them calm, comfortable, restrained and sleeping.

In their own seat and in their regular car seat is the best way I've found. Keeps them calm, comfortable, restrained and sleeping.
This was my experience too. When my daughter turned 2 I started bringing her car seat on the plane and it was a game changer! Her car seat was known to her so she was comfortable and often slept. The one challenge to be aware of (but it would be the same with a toddler on lap) is that their little feet are right at the best spot for kicking the seat in front of them. I kept an eye on that but that was the only challenge. My dd was much more comfortable in her car seat than she would have been buckled into a regular seat.

Booked our Aug 2024 flights for BUF - MCO this morning but for us they were far more expensive than I paid for 2023! Almost 3x the price! *gulp* Paid it (after using up our flight credits) and will hope for price drops that will create future flight credits. Nonstop flights were also pricy so chose to book stopovers which are doable, just not preferred.

did that once years ago and would do anything to not repeat from same to same. buying the seat and using his carseat would be more than worth it

Updated release time

Release Date | Time (eastern)
12/14/23 | 7:57am
10/26/23 | 7:10am
09/14/23 | 7:20am
06/29/23 | 7:35am
06/08/23 | 7:20am
03/09/23 | 7:10am
02/09/23 | 7:15am
12/15/22 | 7:15am
10/27/22 | 7:25am
09/08/22 | 7:25am
07/21/22 | 7:20am
06/16/22 | 7:30am
03/30/22 | 7:30am
12/16/21 | 7:50am
12/08/21 | 6:45am
06/10/21 | 7:15am
04/01/21 | 9:10am
12/10/20 | 7:15am
08/13/20 | 9:15am

I am trying to figure out why there are all of a sudden no nonstops from August 19th - September 18th. MEM to MCO. It makes no sense! Was going to book a quick trip for Labor Day Weekend.

Booked our Aug 2024 flights for BUF - MCO this morning but for us they were far more expensive than I paid for 2023! Almost 3x the price! *gulp* Paid it (after using up our flight credits) and will hope for price drops that will create future flight credits. Nonstop flights were also pricy so chose to book stopovers which are doable, just not preferred.
We held off on our purchase for now...last August we paid right around 50k for the 3 of us. Similar flights today are 126k. Thats way too steep for me.

We held off on our purchase for now...last August we paid right around 50k for the 3 of us. Similar flights today are 126k. Thats way too steep for me.
Yes. Last year I paid $76 (very low I understand) but same flight today was $232! I normally pay between $125-$150 each direction.
I am trying to figure out why there are all of a sudden no nonstops from August 19th - September 18th. MEM to MCO. It makes no sense! Was going to book a quick trip for Labor Day Weekend.
I'm sure you looked carefully but, I will say today it was much less obvious which flights were nonstop. In the past they were highlighted and today just kinda blended in with the other flights.

When I booked my upcoming trip, I used points but the price in cash was about $130 and $180 shortly after the dates opened. I then checked every day and got the departure down and got points refunded. About a week or two ago, the departure got to $74. My return is now equal to about $130, down from $180.

I’m pickier with my flights though. I always want the earliest arrival time and early afternoon depart time.

Incase this isn’t known, if you buy EBCI and then “change” the flight to get a refund on points if the price drops, you lose EBCI, even if you keep the same exact flight.

I got mine credited back with my southwest card so I didn’t lose money, but still.

Incase this isn’t known, if you buy EBCI and then “change” the flight to get a refund on points if the price drops, you lose EBCI, even if you keep the same exact flight.

I got mine credited back with my southwest card so I didn’t lose money, but still.
I always call when the price drops and have always had the EBCI carried over.

Don’t cancel a flight you have EBCI for. Have the flight rescheduled even if you don’t intend to use that flight. When you decide to fly reschedule that flight and your EBCI will still be there. i think you have to keep your original departure and arrival airports. I did this during Covid . I rescheduled 4 times and was about to lose it, because you can only carry it along for a year. I planned to cancel at the last minute, but luckily for me SWA canceled the flight and issued a refund for EBCI.

No you don't. You don't even lose your place in line when you modify the trip and keep the same flights. You would only lose EBCI if you cancel, then rebook.

I always call when the price drops and have always had the EBCI carried over.

Don’t cancel a flight you have EBCI for. Have the flight rescheduled even if you don’t intend to use that flight. When you decide to fly reschedule that flight and your EBCI will still be there. i think you have to keep your original departure and arrival airports. I did this during Covid . I rescheduled 4 times and was about to lose it, because you can only carry it along for a year. I planned to cancel at the last minute, but luckily for me SWA canceled the flight and issued a refund for EBCI.

@EACarlson beat me to it, but I did this back at the end of Oct for my Nov flights and I did not lose my EBCI. I chose the same flight and got a $30ish/pp refund and still got A boarding group.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter