Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

I'm getting a really weird error message (400620347) on both the SW app and the website and wondered if anyone else had this issue. I have two flights this summer and it's only appearing for one. On the app, I can't even look on the reservation when I click on it. On the website, I can click on the website but then can't change anything (add EBC, change the flight, etc.). I called and the CS rep said there's no issue with the flight or reservation. I googled and it seems it's an issue with a number of people on the SW forum but there's no solution. Deleted and reinstalled the app and same thing happens. My big worry is that I won't be able to check in for the flight or print my boarding passes. We're still two weeks out and I'll call back and try to talk to someone in IT. But I just was posting here in case someone else had this issue.

Yep that’s me! I fly June 2 and that flight - no matter how I try I cannot access my info. My return is fine. I did modify my original flight and I believe that is the problem. Ever since I did that I have no access to it. Just get the error message. I called and they confirmed my flight for me so I know it is ok. They didn’t seem to care at all about the issue. I also did twitter chat and she confirmed my flight but also didn’t care at all about the issue.

Yep that’s me! I fly June 2 and that flight - no matter how I try I cannot access my info. My return is fine. I did modify my original flight and I believe that is the problem. Ever since I did that I have no access to it. Just get the error message. I called and they confirmed my flight for me so I know it is ok. They didn’t seem to care at all about the issue. I also did twitter chat and she confirmed my flight but also didn’t care at all about the issue.

I should add that my issue has been going on for months. They don’t seem to really be working to fix the issue in my opinion.

I should add that my issue has been going on for months. They don’t seem to really be working to fix the issue in my opinion.

Have they offered any solution as far as being able to check in and print your boarding passes? I went to the southwest site, made sure I was logged out, and looked up the reservation. I still got the error message and couldn’t access it. The reservation I’m having issues with was never modified, but the second reservation was modified and I’m having no trouble at all. It seems somewhat random.

Have they offered any solution as far as being able to check in and print your boarding passes? I went to the southwest site, made sure I was logged out, and looked up the reservation. I still got the error message and couldn’t access it. The reservation I’m having issues with was never modified, but the second reservation was modified and I’m having no trouble at all. It seems somewhat random.

Nope. Both the person on the phone and the person on chat said it “should be fine”. Hopefully so but thankfully I have early bird so I can check in at the airport if it doesn’t work. I will post on here June 1 if I was able to check in at home. They both said my situation was weird but both didn’t seem to think it was a big deal or say that tech people would look at the problem. They both just confirmed my flight was as booked.

I'm so annoyed with Southwest. I'm flying tomorrow and tried to check in at the 24hr mark to get an error message the site was down. This was at 9:30am est. Logged out and back in and same error. Finally logged out and back in and got through but landed in seats B33 and B34. I would have gotten a lower number if not for the error. Anyone else have that problem this morning? Also how far back are these?

Nope. Both the person on the phone and the person on chat said it “should be fine”. Hopefully so but thankfully I have early bird so I can check in at the airport if it doesn’t work. I will post on here June 1 if I was able to check in at home. They both said my situation was weird but both didn’t seem to think it was a big deal or say that tech people would look at the problem. They both just confirmed my flight was as booked.

I got a canned emailed response to my first inquiry, which just annoyed me, so I sent another inquiry through their website. I didn’t bother with early bird boarding because it would have been $160 for both legs of the trip - that seemed excessive considering my total flight cost for 4 round trip flights was only $645. But if I wanted to add it now, I couldn’t. I mentioned trying it on the app, the mobile site, and the desktop site using safari, explorer, and Firefox and I get the same error message. Signed in or signed out, I get the message. I don’t care if they rebook the trip under a different reservation or if they check me in at 24 hours and email the boarding passes, but unless they fix the error message I don’t see how I’ll be able to do it myself. I got a call back today but was unfortunately vacuuming so I missed it. They’re supposed to call back Tuesday, so I’ll update with their response.
I'm so annoyed with Southwest. I'm flying tomorrow and tried to check in at the 24hr mark to get an error message the site was down. This was at 9:30am est. Logged out and back in and same error. Finally logged out and back in and got through but landed in seats B33 and B34. I would have gotten a lower number if not for the error. Anyone else have that problem this morning? Also how far back are these?

These aren’t your seats, it’s just the order in which you board. That’s a fairly decent number. When it’s your turn to board, you grab the first seats available that suit you. It seems weird but I actually prefer it to selecting specific seats.

I got a canned emailed response to my first inquiry, which just annoyed me, so I sent another inquiry through their website. I didn’t bother with early bird boarding because it would have been $160 for both legs of the trip - that seemed excessive considering my total flight cost for 4 round trip flights was only $645. But if I wanted to add it now, I couldn’t. I mentioned trying it on the app, the mobile site, and the desktop site using safari, explorer, and Firefox and I get the same error message. Signed in or signed out, I get the message. I don’t care if they rebook the trip under a different reservation or if they check me in at 24 hours and email the boarding passes, but unless they fix the error message I don’t see how I’ll be able to do it myself. I got a call back today but was unfortunately vacuuming so I missed it. They’re supposed to call back Tuesday, so I’ll update with their response.

These aren’t your seats, it’s just the order in which you board. That’s a fairly decent number. When it’s your turn to board, you grab the first seats available that suit you. It seems weird but I actually prefer it to selecting specific seats.

This really depends on how many wheelchairs and how many take advantage of family boarding. Was just on a flight from Orlando to Vegas last weekend and we had A50 and A51 and by the time we boarded the plane many rows were already taken and we sat towards the back of the plane. This usually isn't the norm but were quite surprised we were so far back (past the wing) just to have two seats together. It is what it is I guess and it has becoming more and more common.

This really depends on how many wheelchairs and how many take advantage of family boarding. Was just on a flight from Orlando to Vegas last weekend and we had A50 and A51 and by the time we boarded the plane many rows were already taken and we sat towards the back of the plane. This usually isn't the norm but were quite surprised we were so far back (past the wing) just to have two seats together. It is what it is I guess and it has becoming more and more common.

Very true. We usually fly out of BWI and since it’s non-stop to Orlando, I’d bet more than half the flight is family boarding.

Friendly reminder:

Southwest Airline’s next schedule release will occur TOMORROW morning (Thursday 5/30). This release goes through Jan 5th and covers Thanksgiving and Christmas. In my experience, flights typically go “live” between 7am and 9am Eastern. This release date has been moved multiple times but tomorrow has been consistently published for the past 2 weeks.

Still waiting for SW to post travel to WDW for December 😳.

I was told they(agents) start looking at 6amEST,. So far nothing, so maybe 7am EST

Friendly reminder:

Southwest Airline’s next schedule release will occur TOMORROW morning (Thursday 5/30). This release goes through Jan 5th and covers Thanksgiving and Christmas. In my experience, flights typically go “live” between 7am and 9am Eastern. This release date has been moved multiple times but tomorrow has been consistently published for the past 2 weeks.

7am-9am?? Ugh!! The last couple of times I made reservations, it was between 6-6:30am. This is going to be a problem! ugh

I've seen it as late at 9am (last June, for Feb dates). We were flying out for a cruise, ended up booking flights in the car while DH drove to the airport.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter