Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

Although I’m guessing not a lot of people were moving flights like we were, SW offering LUV vouchers will give them a much better idea of how full their flights actually are as opposed to people just holding their EBCI reservations by moving flights around.

Last edited:
Although I’m guessing not a lot of people were moving flights like we were, SW offering LUV vouchers will give them a much better idea of how full their flights actually are as opposed to people just holding their EVCI reservations by moving flights around.
Yes, you're absolutely right. It certainly benefits them to get a better idea of "real" fliers v.s. "pseudo" fliers:). Mentally I feel better, knowing I don't have to jockey flights around anymore. I'll wait until the December flights open up and go from there. God willing, hopefully a new normal will be more evident by then.

Has anyone else noticed if there was a slight change to the dates of travel that are included for the June 30, 2021 travel voucher expiration date? When I checked last it said until May 31st and now it says June 30th? Anyone else seeing that as well?

Has anyone else noticed if there was a slight change to the dates of travel that are included for the June 30, 2021 travel voucher expiration date? When I checked last it said until May 31st and now it says June 30th? Anyone else seeing that as well?
This is the currently-posted policy:
If you decide not to travel, as long as you cancel your flight at least 10 minutes before its scheduled departure, the funds used to pay for a nonrefundable ticket (Wanna Get Away® fares) are normally valid for one year from the date of purchase.

However, in recognition of the current travel environment, we are extending the expiration date of some travel funds:

Customers’ funds that have expired or will expire between March 1 – June 30, 2020, will now expire June 30, 2021.
Any travel funds created because you cancel a flight between March 1 – June 30, 2020, will expire June 30, 2021.

If I purchase a flight with Earlybird, and find the same flight which the price has gone done.
1. can I adjust online or do I have to call to get the price reduced?
2. What happens to my EB , does it transfer to lower fare and does it reset to that new day of purchase?
Thanks

If I purchase a flight with Earlybird, and find the same flight which the price has gone done.
2. What happens to my EB , does it transfer to lower fare and does it reset to that new day of purchase?
Thanks
1. You can take advantage of the lowered fare on line, no need to call.
2. EBCI transfers over to the new fare but the date on the ticket remains when it was purchased...not sure what you mean about reset to new day of purchase. EBCI is EBCI...it's all about when it was purchased. Hope that helps!

Thanks
1. You can take advantage of the lowered fare on line, no need to call.
2. EBCI transfers over to the new fare but the date on the ticket remains when it was purchased...not sure what you mean about reset to new day of purchase. EBCI is EBCI...it's all about when it was purchased. Hope that helps!
Some have reported that when a fare is adjusted to the lesser price that it ‘appears’ that their EBCI also adjusts as if it was purchased on that date too.

we don’t really know but some who purchase EBCI on flight release date but then take advantage of a price drop later have mentioned they seem to get higher boarding groups numbers (eg B Something)thus making us wonder if they are related?

Some have reported that when a fare is adjusted to the lesser price that it ‘appears’ that their EBCI also adjusts as if it was purchased on that date too.

we don’t really know but some who purchase EBCI on flight release date but then take advantage of a price drop later have mentioned they seem to get higher boarding groups numbers (eg B Something)thus making us wonder if they are related?
The earlier EBCI is purchased is what usually determines your boarding position. We always purchase on the first available purchase date and always purchase EBCI at that time. I've been fortunate to have made many "changes" to incur lower flight cost and so far have always ended up with an A position. I think the A position is due to the purchase of EBCI at the time of ticket purchase. There is some sort of algorithm that is used but I think most will agree that the earlier EBCI is purchased, the better. "Changing" flights for a cheaper rate wouldn't affect your EBCI slot.

Last edited:
The earlier EBCI is purchased is what usually determines your boarding position. We always purchase on the first available purchase date and always purchase EBCI at that time. I've been fortunate to have made many "changes" to incur lower flights and so far have always ended up with an A position. I think the A position is due to the purchase of EBCI at the time of ticket purchase. There is some sort of algorithm that is used but I think most will agree that the earlier EBCI is purchased, the better. "Changing" flights for a cheaper rate wouldn't affect your EBCI slot.
So to utilize a cheaper fare I just get online and repurchase cheaper fare or Is there another way besides completely repurchasing the flight .

So to utilize a cheaper fare I just get online and repurchase cheaper fare or Is there another way besides completely repurchasing the flight .
No...you use the change option on your current tickets. Go to your account, see your flight, and you should see a change option as well as a cancel option. Use the change option and follow the process. Easy Peasy:).

I now have a LUV voucher for EBCI and two separate travel funds with the same confirmation number (obtained from a price drop and then cancellation of one flight). I know that I'm capped at 3 forms of payment when I go to book my next flight, so if my flight cost with EBCI exceeds my LUV voucher and travel funds, I would not be able to use all three because I'd also need to add a credit card to cover the difference.

I had read that I can use my two travel funds to book another flight roughly around the same price of the travel funds, and then when I cancel that flight, my travel funds will be combined into one line item because they're from the same original confirmation number. This will give me one set of travel funds to use, plus the LUV voucher, plus the credit card if necessary to make the three forms of payment limitation. Can anyone confirm if the travel funds would be combined in this scenario? The blog I read with this workaround was from 2018, so not sure if anything has changed.

I'm confused by the above post. I have had my May flight go down twice and have travel funds for both times. I still have a reservation for the May trip. I know I will have to cancel but am waiting to see if the August flights go down enough to cover what I originally paid for the May trip. So am I to understand that if I cancel my May trip I will only be able to use the travel funds from 2 times not all I paid.

I'm confused by the above post. I have had my May flight go down twice and have travel funds for both times. I still have a reservation for the May trip. I know I will have to cancel but am waiting to see if the August flights go down enough to cover what I originally paid for the May trip. So am I to understand that if I cancel my May trip I will only be able to use the travel funds from 2 times not all I paid.

When you book a flight, the system allows you to use a maximum of 3 forms of payment, but only 2 of them can be Travel Funds and/or LUV vouchers. The third form can only be a credit card or Paypal account. If you received a credit each time the price decreased, and then you cancel the rest of the flight, you will have 3 Travel Funds. Yes, they're from the same flight and yes they have the same confirmation number (sorta). But they are all unique in SW's system. You will not be able to use them all to purchase a new flight. If that original flight was a round trip, then what you can do is purchase a separate ticket for each leg of the flight. That way you can use two of the Travel funds on one leg and the other TF on the return leg. If there were multiple people on the original flight, each person's credits are associated with them and can only be used to purchase a ticket for that person. If for example, there were 3 people on the original flight, then you don't have just 3 Travel Funds, you have 9; 3 for each person. to use all of Travel Funds, you'll have to book flights for each person separately so as to use the Travel Funds for each person.

Steve

I just realized my kids have travel funds from old reservations when we traveled together last year that expire 5/28/20. They were not on a canceled flight - will their funds also reflect the new June 30, 2021 expy date?

The text of the email from SW states:

"Customers' funds that have expired or will expire between March 1 - May 31, 2020, will now expire June 30, 2021"

But they also note that "It'll take our Technology Teams a few weeks to make these changes." So you may not see that change yet.

Steve

Re: comments about Early Bird. Your Early Bird follows your reservation. However when you *modify* your reservation, ie taking advantage of a lower fare, your Early Bird date resets to the day you modify the original reservation. This happens because even though you don't see it happen, the software algorithm used to perform this function technically cancels your original reservation and replaces it with the new, lower fare (or different departure time) reservation and while your Early Bird upgrade follows the reservation, your place in the virtual queue will now be determined by your new reservation date. Also, many people don't know Early Bird purchases in the 'Anytime' fare category - a more expensive ticket - will be placed ahead of Wanna Get Away fares regardless of purchase date.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter