Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

Planning for tomorrow...we probably have enough points for purchase 2 out of the 4 tickets we will need. This requires two separate transactions correct? One for the cash tickets and another for the tickets with points?

May the force be will all of you booking bright and early tomorrow!

Planning for tomorrow...we probably have enough points for purchase 2 out of the 4 tickets we will need. This requires two separate transactions correct? One for the cash tickets and another for the tickets with points?

Not saying people shouldn't check early but you may also want to be prepared for a later release. The past 2 releases, updates did not begin showing up until after 9am.

A reminder that historically the Low Fare Finder calendar will display new flight availability earlier than selecting 2 cities and specific dates.

Thanks for the tip!

Now…as long as they don't release them from 7-7:30 because I have to drive my DD to school…that would be great!

Has anyone used their travel funds for a flight on the expiration date? Mine expire 3/13 and I want to book a flight for 3/13. I know the wording is "travel must be completed by the expiration date" so I'm not sure if that means the flight would have to take place on 3/12.
Yes you can use it for a 3-13 flight according to the SWA person I talked to.

Last edited:

Yes you will need to book 2 separate tickets One for the points and one for the cash tickets.

A reminder that historically the Low Fare Finder calendar will display new flight availability earlier than selecting 2 cities and specific dates.

Thanks again for that tip! I was able to book the flights before 7 am and the regular booking area wasn't showing availability for March yet!

My flight down wasn't terrible, $134, but my flight home was crazy…$251 :scared1: I could have gotten $20 cheaper, but then wouldn't have gotten home until 11pm.

I'm traveling from Buffalo to Orlando for our Ontario, Canada Spring Break. Historically prices are pretty high as all of us Canucks just slightly north of the border book our flights to warmer weather. By leaving two days before the official start of Spring break I paid $139pp but coming home on the final Saturday of our break I paid a whopping $353pp!!! Granted, I did book non-stop midday flights each way so I did select the priciest flights on offer, but Southwest definitely knows they have a captive (and perhaps desperate?) market for Spring Break.

Glad to have my flights booked but I'm definitely NOT looking forward to my next Visa bill!!:)

I can't stand SW! I went on this morning to book flight down to Orlando from Philly and the two nonstop early flights say "sold out" across all three categories. Which is a bunch of bs. I used to love flying this airline and now they're the biggest gamers around. We fly down for our kids spring break to watch them play with their high school teams at ESPN. This same flight baiting happened last year. I opened up a SW visa card because of these trips but with all the SW gaming of flights I am done and will be looking for a new visa card! Now I have to check the SW site daily to see when they open up the flight time I need.
:headache:

I had to book flights to/from Austin because flights to/from Houston were more than double to price. Can anyone explain that?!? It looks like we’ll be visiting our old college campus and visiting friends on our way to/from our ski trip!

I had to book flights to/from Austin because flights to/from Houston were more than double to price. Can anyone explain that?!? It looks like we’ll be visiting our old college campus and visiting friends on our way to/from our ski trip!

I had the same problem from/to Houston last March. It would have been $2700 for 3 people. We ended up having to do the 13hr drive. I'm not sure why Houston is so expensive.

Ugh, just came here to report that prices for our Spring Break flights were the highest they have ever been. $460RT for a less preferred home airport and departure date. We could have had $300 on JetBlue back when they did their release (of course not any longer.) I am so mad at myself for waiting for SW.

I had the same problem from/to Houston last March. It would have been $2700 for 3 people. We ended up having to do the 13hr drive. I'm not sure why Houston is so expensive.

Luckily, Austin flights were reasonable, and I haven’t been to Austin in about a year. It’ll be nice to go back and see some friends there. Honestly, Frontier prices weren’t terrible to/from Houston, but the return nonstop flight leaves at 6:20am from Denver. That’s just too darn early!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter