Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

Friendly reminder that Southwest Airlines next schedule release is expected to occur on Thursday September 26th (1 week from TOMORROW).
  • Currently SW is offering flights through 3/6/20 and this release will take their schedule out to 4/13/20 (covering popular spring break dates)
  • In my experience, flights typically go “live” between 7am and 9am Eastern. HOWEVER, The last 2 releases actually did not go live until 10:40 and 9:20am Eastern respectively.

DH and I sat down and found some flights that aren't super great but will work for our spring trip and will come in under the points we have (deciding factor). Now I am too nervous to just book it!

Our departing and returning flights were changed for November about a month ago. The return flight was a significant time difference. In order to keep our times close to the original, i actually rebooked out of CMH instead of IND. I received a nice credit with the change. How do I make sure the two flights I have now are not Max 8. I don't know if the original flights were or not.

Our departing and returning flights were changed for November about a month ago. The return flight was a significant time difference. In order to keep our times close to the original, i actually rebooked out of CMH instead of IND. I received a nice credit with the change. How do I make sure the two flights I have now are not Max 8. I don't know if the original flights were or not.
Southwest has removed the Max 8 from their schedule for November. I believe the schedule is now updated to remove the Max 8 through the end of 2019.

Latest info from Southwest:
We previously revised our flight schedule by removing the MAX through Nov. 2 to offer reliability to our operation and stability for our Customers. With the timing of the MAX’s return-to-service still uncertain, we are extending the MAX-related flight schedule adjustments through Jan. 5, 2020.

There is an easy way to check the aircraft scheduled for your flights. You have to look on the website, not the app, and search as if you are booking a new flight. When on the search result page for the date and city pairs you want, click on the blue hyperlink for your flight number. A box will open, which shows the aircraft, capacity, and the on-time performance for that flight number.

Latest info from Southwest:

There is an easy way to check the aircraft scheduled for your flights. You have to look on the website, not the app, and search as if you are booking a new flight. When on the search result page for the date and city pairs you want, click on the blue hyperlink for your flight number. A box will open, which shows the aircraft, capacity, and the on-time performance for that flight number.

Thank you so much! So if it says Boeing 737-800, we should be okay? Our departing flight does not show any statics? The returning flight does? Is that important?

Can anyone provide an educated guess if spring break airfare will be more than Christmas week? I have looked at peak time for Thanksgiving and Christmas, Chicago Midway to MCO and it looks like for 4 it tops out at $4232 for business class or 186,732 points in Wanna Get Away.

Spring break fare are normally high because everyone wants to go to Florida. Usually our airfare is $94 eachway and Easter runs around $300 eachway. We are in Cleveland. Though last year just a few days before Easter the price plummeted to $54 on United so we booked a trip on Wed and started our trip two days later. So no one knows that the prices will be like.

Spring break fare are normally high because everyone wants to go to Florida. Usually our airfare is $94 eachway and Easter runs around $300 eachway. We are in Cleveland. Though last year just a few days before Easter the price plummeted to $54 on United so we booked a trip on Wed and started our trip two days later. So no one knows that the prices will be like.
I know, I am just not able to move my dates. We dodged the bullet last year by changing the resv to a week later and it worked out great. This year I can't move it late enough or early enough to get out of that dreaded window :( I am going to keep checking through the SW window opening, and maybe even beyond. United had a lot of open seats on the flights I checked so I may take a gamble if I don't luck out on the SW lotto. Thank you for providing your DP, much appreciated.

Okay So I just found out that the SW flights are being released for March 7th and forward this coming Thursday. We are flying down on the 6th. Should I go ahead and book those as one ways now? I wonder if the 6th will go UP on Thursday or down? UGH!!! We are going down on the 6th from BWI and our son is flying out of Midway Chicago on the 6th. We are at Disney for 8 nights. Decisions decisions.

Okay So I just found out that the SW flights are being released for March 7th and forward this coming Thursday. We are flying down on the 6th. Should I go ahead and book those as one ways now? I wonder if the 6th will go UP on Thursday or down? UGH!!! We are going down on the 6th from BWI and our son is flying out of Midway Chicago on the 6th. We are at Disney for 8 nights. Decisions decisions.
This is purely my guess but I would think if anything, Mar 6th flights would go up Thurs.

SW flights go up as the plane fills up. People who are waiting for the Mar 7th release to book their entire trip may drive up the prices if the flights for Mar 6th and earlier.

It will be interesting to see if others have a different thought.

How many times can I change a reservation? For example, I will change if price comes down but then I hope to change again if I can find better times.

Has anyone used their travel funds for a flight on the expiration date? Mine expire 3/13 and I want to book a flight for 3/13. I know the wording is "travel must be completed by the expiration date" so I'm not sure if that means the flight would have to take place on 3/12.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!