Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

Hi, all! Like a true planner and first time flying SW, I downloaded the app and can see our reservation but only have option to cancel, change or add early bird. If I click on check in (our flight isn’t until November) by clicking the 3 lines in the upper left hand corner, a screen comes up with confirmation number and first and last name and retrieve reservation. I get an error message that it can’t be found but I assume this because it’s way more than 24 hours out. My question is does that “retrieve reservation” yellow button automatically change to “check in” at 24 hours or will I just be able to click “retrieve reservation” at 24 hours and then will check in on another page? Thanks!

Hi, all! Like a true planner and first time flying SW, I downloaded the app and can see our reservation but only have option to cancel, change or add early bird. If I click on check in (our flight isn’t until November) by clicking the 3 lines in the upper left hand corner, a screen comes up with confirmation number and first and last name and retrieve reservation. I get an error message that it can’t be found but I assume this because it’s way more than 24 hours out. My question is does that “retrieve reservation” yellow button automatically change to “check in” at 24 hours or will I just be able to click “retrieve reservation” at 24 hours and then will check in on another page? Thanks!

You can retrieve and review your reservation here:
https://www.southwest.com/air/manage-reservation/index.html?clk=GSUBNAV-AIR-MNGRES
Check-in only is available at T-24, at which point you will be assigned a boarding number, established by the time you check in. So, if you check in exactly at 24 hours before scheduled departure, you'll receive a better boarding position than someone who checks in at 23 hours and 59 minutes before departure. That assumes you do not purchase EBCI.

The link to check in:
https://www.southwest.com/air/check-in/index.html?clk=GSUBNAV-CHCKIN

You can retrieve and review your reservation here:
https://www.southwest.com/air/manage-reservation/index.html?clk=GSUBNAV-AIR-MNGRES
Check-in only is available at T-24, at which point you will be assigned a boarding number, established by the time you check in. So, if you check in exactly at 24 hours before scheduled departure, you'll receive a better boarding position than someone who checks in at 23 hours and 59 minutes before departure. That assumes you do not purchase EBCI.

The link to check in:
https://www.southwest.com/air/check-in/index.html?clk=GSUBNAV-CHCKIN

Thank you! Right now when I click on the check in link above you posted, I get an error message that says reservation cannot be found but I assume it is because we are much more than 24 hours out. However, will the retrieve reservation button automatically change to a check in button at 24 hours or will I still click on retrieve reservation and then another check in button?

Thank you! Right now when I click on the check in link above you posted, I get an error message that says reservation cannot be found but I assume it is because we are much more than 24 hours out. However, will the retrieve reservation button automatically change to a check in button at 24 hours or will I still click on retrieve reservation and then another check in button?
Yes - you will receive the error message even at 24 hours and 10 seconds prior to departure. For the fastest check in, I suggest using the check in link, with all of your info pre-filled in advance of T-24. I just start refreshing the page about one minute in advance, until check in starts to process. Don't be alarmed if you see the error message, when trying to check in; the system is letting you know that it's not quite time. Just follow the prompts, once check in connects.

Yes - you will receive the error message even at 24 hours and 10 seconds prior to departure. For the fastest check in, I suggest using the check in link, with all of your info pre-filled in advance of T-24. I just start refreshing the page about one minute in advance, until check in starts to process. Don't be alarmed if you see the error message, when trying to check in; the system is letting you know that it's not quite time. Just follow the prompts, once check in connects.
Thank you SO VERY much!!! 😀

Southwest waives pet fares during travel advisory.

From Saturday, August 31, through Thursday, September 5, we will waive the $95 pet fare for Customers traveling with small vaccinated domestic dogs or cats to/from the following cities:
  • Fort Lauderdale, Florida (FLL)
  • Fort Myers, Florida (RSW)
  • Jacksonville, Florida (JAX)
  • Orlando, Florida (MCO)
  • Tampa, Florida (TPA)
  • West Palm Beach, Florida (PBI)
All pet travel is subject to our Pet Policies. All pets must remain in an appropriate carrier at all times, and Customers presenting a pet for travel must check in at the airport ticket counter.

Customers who are holding reservations to/from/through the cities listed above on the corresponding dates, may rebook in the original class of service or travel standby (within 14 days of their original date of travel between the original city-pairs and in accordance with our accommodation procedures) without paying any additional charge.

Customers who purchased their itinerary via Southwest.com or our mobile app are eligible to reschedule their travel plans online or from their mobile device.

Does anyone have experience with Southwest and wheelchair assistance? My boyfriend has a badly sprained ankle (we have an ECV waiting for him at the hotel) and I know there is no way he will be able to walk all the way from the Southwest terminal to the Magical Express. Will Southwest wheel him there? Or do they only take you so far? What are the options? Thanks in advance!

Does anyone have experience with Southwest and wheelchair assistance? My boyfriend has a badly sprained ankle (we have an ECV waiting for him at the hotel) and I know there is no way he will be able to walk all the way from the Southwest terminal to the Magical Express. Will Southwest wheel him there? Or do they only take you so far? What are the options? Thanks in advance!
Make sure that a wheelchair is listed on his airline reservation. There will be a wheelchair waiting for him on the jet bridge, just as he exits the flight at MCO. They will wheel him there - just remember to give a nice tip to the person who pushes the wheelchair.

Make sure that a wheelchair is listed on his airline reservation. There will be a wheelchair waiting for him on the jet bridge, just as he exits the flight at MCO. They will wheel him there - just remember to give a nice tip to the person who pushes the wheelchair.
Another option if you wish is to use a courtesy wheelchair that is available at all airports and you can push him. I guess it will depend how far he can walk.

Due to hip replacement surgery my mom can walk but not far. We used courtesy wheelchairs in Buffalo and Orlando and I pushed her.

Just another option available to you on top of the great information @shoreward shared.

SW gave me a few heart attacks this week. Got an email that they'd changed my kid's itineraries, but not for us parents. While I'm online checking this out, it changes back, I guess they found their mistake. But while I'm on there I see that our return flights for everyone have changed and we now have a three hour layover in Dallas. No thanks! Here is where things get good though, I was able to change us to a later departing flight to have more time at Disney and also switch the kids from Anytime fares to WGA and get $300 back. So I guess the heart attack was worth it!

We are scheduled to fly into MCO Thursday morning. How will I find out if my flight has been cancelled? Does SW send an email? We booked round trip tickets, will I be given a refund for the entire trip? I'm hoping I get a refund and not travel funds.

We are scheduled to fly into MCO Thursday morning. How will I find out if my flight has been cancelled? Does SW send an email? We booked round trip tickets, will I be given a refund for the entire trip? I'm hoping I get a refund and not travel funds.
unless your home airport is affected you should be fine with a trip Thursday. Disney is open regular hours tomorrow with the exception of cancelling EMH.

It’s possible to book flights for tomorrow into MCO (not possible today) so it appears they think the airport will be open tomorrow.

If your flights are affected, SW will email you. This happened to us with Irma in 2017 and we received emails.

I don’t know about refunds if flight is cancelled.

This is information I just saw from the FAA:
Due to HURRICANE DORIAN EXC EMERG ACFT AND MIL OPS 4 HR PPR, the Orlando International Airport (MCO) was closed as of Sep 03 at 01:37 PM EDT. The date/time when the airport is expected to reopen is Sep 04 at 05:00 PM EDT.

Just received an email about changes to my flight itinerary in December but nothing appears different other than the flight number. Should I be worried?

It’s offering me the chance to change flights but if there really isn’t a difference I’d rather not. It’s actually giving me the option to change both of them even though the departing flight had no changes.

Just received an email about changes to my flight itinerary in December but nothing appears different other than the flight number. Should I be worried?

It’s offering me the chance to change flights but if there really isn’t a difference I’d rather not. It’s actually giving me the option to change both of them even though the departing flight had no changes.
I received the same notification, which I was expecting; my original flight was scheduled on a MAX8, which is grounded through at least the end of 2019.

The flight is now scheduled to depart and arrive 10 minutes earlier, which is just fine.

Some use the one-time offer as the chance to change to a more desirable flight or date, at no additional expense, even if there is no change in their original flight being made by Southwest.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter