Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

I got the dreaded Southwest e-mail this morning :headache: Southwest really screwed the Manchester, NH flights in November 🤬 My original flight was nonstop landing around 10 AM and now the only nonstop doesn't land until after 5 PM 🤬🤬 So with traffic I will be lucky to get to the Boardwalk by 7 - 7:30 PM 😢 Not a single flight lands until after noon and they all have 1 or 2 stops 🤬

Are you adamantly opposed to one stop? Seems like it might solve your issue and get you there much faster.

I got the dreaded Southwest e-mail this morning :headache: Southwest really screwed the Manchester, NH flights in November 🤬 My original flight was nonstop landing around 10 AM and now the only nonstop doesn't land until after 5 PM 🤬🤬 So with traffic I will be lucky to get to the Boardwalk by 7 - 7:30 PM 😢 Not a single flight lands until after noon and they all have 1 or 2 stops 🤬

Can you take the last flight out the night before and just stay at a cheap airport hotel?

Are all these cancellations and flight time changes linked to the max 8 airplanes? We fly southwest because they are affordable and reliable. This seems like something new for them.

Last edited:
Are all these cancellations a flight time changes linked to the max 8 airplanes? We fly southwest because they are affordable and reliable. This seems like something new for them.
Yes they are related to the Max being removed from the schedule. The other thing to remember is that all of these complaints voiced here are purely anecdotal and don't necessarily mean that all flights are being affected. In fact, the vast majority of flights are unaffected or see very little affect. Most people had no change, Some people had changes which worked better for them. It also has created opportunities for people to re-book to better (but previously more expensive) flight times at no additional cost.

It feels like it would be rude for me to wax poetically about how the schedule change benefited my family and saved us money, etc., throwing that in the face of people who are facing a challenge due to the schedule change. I'd guess that others feel the same way, so most people who have experienced no change or positive changes are keeping quiet and you're only seeing the complaints.

I would personally say that Southwest remains affordable and reliable, especially in comparison to some of the other major airlines.

EDIT: I don't state this to minimize the concerns some people are facing, I'm merely putting it out there as a statement of fact. I do feel bad for the people whose plans have been negatively affected by these changes.

Last edited:

Are all these cancellations a flight time changes linked to the max 8 airplanes? We fly southwest because they are affordable and reliable. This seems like something new for them.
I can’t say yes to all, but most are related to the Max 8 issue. Southwest is working to remove the Max 8 from their schedule through the end of the year. It sounds like they’re currently through the end of November - people have been receiving notifications over the past couple days that their flights in November have been changed. They still have yet to get to December (I have a flight scheduled in December that still shows the plane as a Max 8). I’d anticipate another round of changes coming soon for them to remove the Max 8 from the schedule for December flights.

Sorry to hear about that :(

I agree with the others. I myself vastly prefer non-stop but if it were a situation like this where we're talking hours and hours difference and I was really planning on getting to my destination earlier I would do the stop.

I believe your date was 11/12 (edited:corrected month)--There's 3 flights that get you there 12:15pm and 12:50pm all connecting in BWI with the 2 stops one connecting at another airport after BWI

The 12:15pm has 2 stop so I would probably rule that one out as you're only supposed to get to Orlando a whopping 35mins earlier(barring normal travel issues).

If it were me I would probably choose the 7:15am flight that has a shorter layover in BWI and gets you into Orlando as the same time as the flight that leaves NH a couple hours earlier with the one stop. You'd be on the same flight anyways as the 5:30am 1 stop flight but without having to wake up quite as early and be at BWI as long as the other flight.

Purely my opinion. I hope it all works out for you :)

Last edited:

I am checking in for my flights tomorrow. Two of us are under the same confirmation number - we both have to check in individually, correct? Thanks!

I am checking in for my flights tomorrow. Two of us are under the same confirmation number - we both have to check in individually, correct? Thanks!
If you’re under the same confirmation number it will check both of you in together.

I would recommend being online before your 24 hour mark and turning on a clock on another device with seconds showing. The moment you hit the 24 hour mark (or possibly 24 hours minus 1 second) start trying. Many people will be doing the same thing and literally every second counts!!

I rebooked my flight at a lower fare a few weeks ago and got a $26 credit for each ticket. I might book a flight a day earlier due to the Tropical storm, how do I access that credit?

I rebooked my flight at a lower fare a few weeks ago and got a $26 credit for each ticket. I might book a flight a day earlier due to the Tropical storm, how do I access that credit?
You will find it under the confirmation number for that reservation. When you go though the “change” process and are on the payment page, enter that confirmation number in the space to apply travel funds. As you may be aware, travel funds (credits) can only be used for the customer in whose name the original reservation was made.

Last edited:
You should not have to use that credit if you currently have a SWA flight from Aug 31-Sept 2 to Florida. You can change to any flight for free even if the flight price is higher than what you paid. Before rebooking our flight I looked to see what was out there. The flight I wanted to move us to was listed at $145 more than I paid. However when I did the change ticket option for our Sept 1 flight, the flight was free to change too so we will arrive before the storm. So you will not have to use that credit.

You should not have to use that credit if you currently have a SWA flight from Aug 31-Sept 2 to Florida. You can change to any flight for free even if the flight price is higher than what you paid. Before rebooking our flight I looked to see what was out there. The flight I wanted to move us to was listed at $145 more than I paid. However when I did the change ticket option for our Sept 1 flight, the flight was free to change too so we will arrive before the storm. So you will not have to use that credit.

If there is a weather advisory issued by Southwest, and your change(s) fall within their requirements, there is no difference in cost to modify. But, there must be a posted advisory to do so. The advisories can change on a daily basis.

https://www.southwest.com/html/advisories/swa_travel_advisory_20197241566693111004.html

If there is a weather advisory issued by Southwest, and your change(s) fall within their requirements, there is no difference in cost to modify. But, there must be a posted advisory to do so. The advisories can change on a daily basis.

https://www.southwest.com/html/advisories/swa_travel_advisory_20197241566693111004.html
There was not an advisory issued for my SWA flight when I looked yesterday morning, MCO got listed later in the afternoon, but when I went in to change my flight to avoid the storm there was a message that popped up that said I could change my flight because of the storm. After I changed the flight I went back and looked and it still was not listed on the travel advisory. I also told someone else on another disboard thread who was waiting for MCO to be listed on SWA so he could change his flight, that its not listed but if you try to change the Sept 1 flight you should get a message that you can change it because of the storm. He too looked and saw it was not listed on the travel alert but he got the message he could change his flight because of the storm. So don't rely on the travel advisory alert. I also had this happen in Feb when a snow storm hit. I want to be proactive and change my flight which was not listed on the travel advisory only to get a message on the change flight page that said I could change my flight. It shocked me so now i know to go in and attempted to change the flight and see if the message appears.

Wow!! It’s so quiet here considering SWGE opens in less than 7 hours!!!

Have the lines started? Watching closely how things go over the next week to help me form my plan for our visit in less than 2 weeks.

Wow!! It’s so quiet here considering SWGE opens in less than 7 hours!!!

Have the lines started? Watching closely how things go over the next week to help me form my plan for our visit in less than 2 weeks.
Did you mean to post this in the News thread? I think it’s cool that you posted it in our little SW group here though hah :D

As of today, Southwest's travel advisory for Orlando is August 31-September 5. The dates are subject to change.

Customers who are holding reservations to/from/through the cities listed above on the corresponding dates, may rebook in the original class of service or travel standby (within 14 days of their original date of travel between the original city-pairs and in accordance with our accommodation procedures) without paying any additional charge.

Customers who purchased their itinerary via Southwest.com or our mobile app are eligible to reschedule their travel plans online or from their mobile device.

Customers who did not purchase a ticket via Southwest.com can call 1-800-435-9792 to speak with a Customer Representative.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter