Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

Another EBCI question. My wife and I just got TSA precheck. Unfortunately, my wife's precheck has her whole middle name, while her flight only had her middle initial. I called Southwest to have her middle name added, and it looks like she got a new ticket number. Is this going to reset her EBCI order (I originally purchased the tickets the day the flights went on sale).
It probably did. I would call and ask.

Another EBCI question. My wife and I just got TSA precheck. Unfortunately, my wife's precheck has her whole middle name, while her flight only had her middle initial. I called Southwest to have her middle name added, and it looks like she got a new ticket number. Is this going to reset her EBCI order (I originally purchased the tickets the day the flights went on sale).
On and to let you know my TSA Precheck has my middle name but my SWA RR acct has just my initial and i never have an issue going through security. Have been flying with Precheck for 3 years on SWA and it has never been a problem

I hope not. I just did the same thing with 3/4 of my family.
I would think it would be worth a call to find out if the change in ticket numbers affects your place in line for EBCI. It certainly would be better to know ASAP, instead of when you are checked in and it's too late to do anything, at that point. Hopefully, all is okay.

i'm guessing you fly out of PVD from your profile pic - I thought I read somewhere that none of the PVD routes were flown by the 737-max planes - still eagerly awaiting the next opening for my February trip and disgusted by the costs to fly on other airlines (I usually pay $500-600 round trip on SW and they are running more like $1300 -$1500 round trip out of boston right now). I'm thinking even if the max is still out of service it won't affect my flights?

We have 24 hours to cancel flights from the time of purchase, correct? I just got us into the AP preview for SWGE and would love to get our flights secured, but our plans are still a bit up in the air (so to speak).

We have 24 hours to cancel flights from the time of purchase, correct? I just got us into the AP preview for SWGE and would love to get our flights secured, but our plans are still a bit up in the air (so to speak).
Yes, you always have 24 hours after booking with any US airline to cancel your flight with no penalty (as long as your flight is at least 7 days out).

Would you be booking with points with SW? If so, there’s no disadvantage to booking now - you can cancel at any point and your points will be refunded to you.

Yes, you always have 24 hours after booking with any US airline to cancel your flight with no penalty (as long as your flight is at least 7 days out).

Would you be booking with points with SW? If so, there’s no disadvantage to booking now - you can cancel at any point and your points will be refunded to you.
Booking with credit card and LUV vouchers.

Wonder how soon the rest of us will see the impact of flight changes due to the grounding through 2020 now. I'm checking daily as we only had a couple of non-stop flights to choose from and my flight to FL in late November is on is an 737-800 - not the Max 8, but I think that's the one they keep pulling to substitute for it.

i'm guessing you fly out of PVD from your profile pic - I thought I read somewhere that none of the PVD routes were flown by the 737-max planes - still eagerly awaiting the next opening for my February trip and disgusted by the costs to fly on other airlines (I usually pay $500-600 round trip on SW and they are running more like $1300 -$1500 round trip out of boston right now). I'm thinking even if the max is still out of service it won't affect my flights?
Actually, I fly out of BDL. Went to school in Providence but live in CT! BDL is not "directly" impacted with the 737-max as they're typically not flown out of there.

Another question:
If I book WGA flights for DH and myself using a credit card and LUV vouchers (I believe we can use up to 3 forms of payment per transaction, correct?) and then we decide to cancel this trip, we can use those funds for a future trip as long as we fly before the original expiration date of the LUV vouchers, right?

Can anyone tell me what it's like to connect through ATL on SW?
Not sure in which sense you're asking? As with all the airports I've experiences with SW, the gates are close together due to their unique boarding process and gate setup with the pillars.

Can you provide more info?

Not sure in which sense you're asking? As with all the airports I've experiences with SW, the gates are close together due to their unique boarding process and gate setup with the pillars.

Can you provide more info?

I guess that was what I was asking. How bad is it? How far apart are the gates? Are all the gates located in the same terminal? That sort of thing.

Okay, I think I've discovered that SW uses concourse C almost exclusively (meaning they typically don't use other concourses). If that's still true, I'm feeling better.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter