Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

I've noticed this too...I book 3 separate flights thru my acct- and when I pull up the page I see only mine listed.... it's kind of annoying b/c I'd like to see all 3 linked there....I have to pull them up singly to view them. Is there a way to link the 3 so I can see them all on the acct?

I need some advice from people familiar with SW pricing. I believe rates are coming out tomorrow for our dates (mid-June). What is a normal procedure for SW...lowest fares right when released or do they start out a little higher and go down in a couple of weeks? I know it isn't anything in stone, but I was just wondering if I should be prepared to purchase ASAP or do I have a couple of weeks. Looking at flights about 2 weeks earlier than our planned time, the rates on the particular flights we want are the cheapest for our travel days, so I am hoping that stays true.

TIA!

I need some advice from people familiar with SW pricing. I believe rates are coming out tomorrow for our dates (mid-June). What is a normal procedure for SW...lowest fares right when released or do they start out a little higher and go down in a couple of weeks? I know it isn't anything in stone, but I was just wondering if I should be prepared to purchase ASAP or do I have a couple of weeks. Looking at flights about 2 weeks earlier than our planned time, the rates on the particular flights we want are the cheapest for our travel days, so I am hoping that stays true.

TIA!

Buy now, change later. I remember one post where someone said they changed 8 times

They will eventually, but your fare could also go up in the meantime, or even get sold out. If you're flying again within a year (from now), you could always book and take the credit if there's a fare drop.

I guess I'll just keep checking and hope for the best. I may go ahead and book it soon, but we don't plan on going anywhere else so I wouldn't be able to use the credits.

TIA!

The Southwest website shows Nov. 2 as the next release day, which will be Thursday, not tomorrow.

As far as when to book, it all just depends. I booked our departure flight the day Southwest released my dates. My flight went down $10, so I changed it and have a $10 credit. That same flight is now $50 more. I plan to use the $10 credit to book our return flight, but have been waiting to see if that flight will go down.
I also looked at flights a couple weeks before my dates were released. I felt good that I decided to fly out on a Tuesday, the cheaper flights were on Tuesday. But the Tuesday I chose, May 29, didn't have the cheaper flights, probably because of Memorial Day.

Thanks for the advice. I did see where the release date was the 2nd. I guess I will just wait and see what the prices come out as. I am so hoping for a good deal on this flight. It might be the only deal I get on this trip! LOL!

Is there an approximate time that Southwest usually releases fares? I want to be ready to purchase tomorrow as I've found that for our airports and because we travel during school holidays, the release date is usually the cheapest flights.

Is there an approximate time that Southwest usually releases fares? I want to be ready to purchase tomorrow as I've found that for our airports and because we travel during school holidays, the release date is usually the cheapest flights.
Based on what I have seen on other threads / blogs, recently it usually happens sometime around 6AM EST, but it may take a little time before you're able to book the flights. May just need to keep an eye out if you are able. :surfweb:

I was personally excited to book our flights to MCO for our next trip in Aug., but it looks like they have changed the end of this schedule release from Aug. 12th to Aug. 6th. :scratchin :confused3

Good luck with booking yours! :tigger:

Based on what I have seen on other threads / blogs, recently it usually happens sometime around 6AM EST, but it may take a little time before you're able to book the flights. May just need to keep an eye out if you are able. :surfweb:

I was personally excited to book our flights to MCO for our next trip in Aug., but it looks like they have changed the end of this schedule release from Aug. 12th to Aug. 6th. :scratchin :confused3

Thanks. Earlier I had looked and the book date was today so I got up this morning all excited only to login and see that it's been moved to tomorrow.

Maybe I'm lucky to live in a more rural area. I waited to book 9 departure tickets for June 3 until this week, and Wanna Get Away was still available. Is that unusual?

I've noticed this too...I book 3 separate flights thru my acct- and when I pull up the page I see only mine listed.... it's kind of annoying b/c I'd like to see all 3 linked there....I have to pull them up singly to view them. Is there a way to link the 3 so I can see them all on the acct?

THIS is just the way their system works. The account used to book a reservation is NOT necessarily the account the reservation is attached to. Reservations will only show up in the accounts of the people on the reservation. So if I book separate reservations for DW and I each through my account, I will only see mine as a planned trip. DW's shows up in her account. I can pull either up via the confirmation number, of course. I've called several times over the years and asked if there's a way to merge things so I can see everything from my account. The answer had always been "no". They have no plans to change it, either, as it's based off of the RR # of the passenger, not who booked the flight.

It can definitely be a pain.

Steve

If I bought flights for 9 (7+2) people using my Sw rapid rewards card, while logged into my account, when should I expect to see my points for the flights loaded to my account?

If I bought flights for 9 (7+2) people using my Sw rapid rewards card, while logged into my account, when should I expect to see my points for the flights loaded to my account?

The points on the purchase will show up after your card statement closes.

The points for the actual flight (if you paid cash and not points) will show up after the flight is complete.

The points on the purchase will show up after your card statement closes.

The points for the actual flight (if you paid cash and not points) will show up after the flight is complete.

So, my cost for each ticket was $135. I used the Visa that gives 2 for 1 points. Next to each flight it says est. points earned is 638; how is that possible, and how many of those points are awarded after statement close vs after flight is taken?

So, my cost for each ticket was $135. I used the Visa that gives 2 for 1 points. Next to each flight it says est. points earned is 638; how is that possible, and how many of those points are awarded after statement close vs after flight is taken?
270 after statement closes
638 after flight complete

ETA: the 638 are points that anyone gets for taking the flight. It is not related to using the credit card.

In my experience they are released around 6:15am... nothing yet as of 6:07am

In my experience they are released around 6:15am... nothing yet as of 6:07am
Yeah they came out shortly after your post.
Higher than I would have preferred :( but got early flight down that we wanted being west coast. Will wait on return for a bit and see what they do as we don't care the time we arrive home.

Yeah they came out shortly after your post.
Higher than I would have preferred :( but got early flight down that we wanted being west coast. Will wait on return for a bit and see what they do as we don't care the time we arrive home.
I went to use my credit and couldn't they expire in January so now I am scrambling.... not happy about it. They were slightly lower than I expected but till higher than I usually pay.

btw, I checked flights for Jun 9, and all flights had WGA cash options, but when I clicked points, half of the flights said sold out. But, I refreshed the screen, and then all flights were available with points-- strange.

I also noticed the flights I booked yesterday for June 3 went up $20 each - I bought 9 tickets, so good for me!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter