Post a picture of your server

He was our server on the Wonder in february and my kids just loved him! When we cruised this month on the Magic we tried teaching our new servers some of his magic tricks with not much luck. :lmao:
Witt was our head server on the Wonder MR cruise in April. I fell for his hot coffee prank every time. he also brought us a huge platter of shrimp cocktail one night becasue my DH wanted it!

Terry and Maggie from the Wonder MR April 2011. The complemented each other well!
IMG_3742.JPG

I just love seeing these pictures of people from all different backgrounds, nationalities, religions, etc. enjoying each other's company. What a great life experience for children before the ugly in the world has its chance to try to sway them.

Can't tell one of those kids that all people from "whereverland" are bad, because they know for a fact that is not true.

We had Deniz from Turkey, and Walter from Italy on our May 5 Dream cruise. We loved them! Deniz was soooooo good with DS, even when DS was getting restless from having to sit when he just wanted to be back up in the Lab playing with the toys. We wish it had been a longer cruise so we could have had more time to get to know them both.

Here they are on our last night, with DS. :)

P5070272.jpg

WOW! We haven't been on our cruise yet (4 months and counting!!!) But I can't believe that the servers are so great that you all remember their names, and some people even stay in touch with their servers months and even years later! Are they really that good?! I've also seen some people say that their servers were "ok," or even "good" by other standards, but not as outstanding as some of these experiences. Any tips for how to get a great server? (Can you really request someone? How does that work? And how/who should we request on the Dream in October?) How do you get them to open up so much?! :goodvibes

How do you request a server? Who do we call ahead of time? We'd love to request one of these great ones from the Dream so we know we'll get great ones!!!! Please let me know how!

How do you request a server? Who do we call ahead of time? We'd love to request one of these great ones from the Dream so we know we'll get great ones!!!! Please let me know how!

You just put in your request to your TA or DCL, whomever you booked with. DCL does not guarantee that your request will come thru but they will try.

WOW! We haven't been on our cruise yet (4 months and counting!!!) But I can't believe that the servers are so great that you all remember their names, and some people even stay in touch with their servers months and even years later! Are they really that good?! I've also seen some people say that their servers were "ok," or even "good" by other standards, but not as outstanding as some of these experiences. Any tips for how to get a great server? (Can you really request someone? How does that work? And how/who should we request on the Dream in October?) How do you get them to open up so much?! :goodvibes

We have seen our servers from our first cruise, Oct. '99, many times over the years. In fact, our 1st server is now dining services manager on the Wonder and our 1st asst. server is a Palo manager on the Magic.

As far as getting them to open up, many are just willing to talk. Our asst. server on the Baltics cruise last summer was very quiet the first night. I asked him how long he was worked for DCL and he said it was his 2nd cruise - I told him to not be so nervous around us and to just talk to us. After that he was very relaxed and become a better asst. server over the 12 days and he told me he greatly appreciated my little tip to him. Saw him last month on the Dream and he is now a very good server and we're going to request him when we cruise in January. We walked over to him the first night of our Dream cruise and he took 1 look at us and said 'iced tea, very strong'. That's how my DH likes his iced tea and that's how he got it every night and Matt remembered that from 9 months earlier.

So Oksana is now a server? We've had her twice as an assistant server (in Sept 2010 on the WBTA and back in Dec 2005 when she was new.)

Yes...and I saw in this thread Ali as Server (pic from 2010)...seems he got promoted to Head Server.....

We had FABULOUS servers! Ana was by far our FAV! This was on the Magic on 4/9/11

DSC_0170.jpg

DSC_0173.jpg

At Palo we had Nikola, who was fabulous as well :)

DSC_0108.jpg

We had FABULOUS servers! Ana was by far our FAV! This was on the Magic on 4/9/11

DSC_0170.jpg

Godwin, the Head Server in this picture, is absolutely the BEST!! We have had him as our server on two cruises (first time on the EB repo in 2005) and as our Head Server on our last Magic cruise this past February. After the first time we had him, we have requested him whenever we go on the Magic. We communicate with him via email several times a year and we can't wait to go back on the Magic to see him again.

This is Fitz (Jamaica), along with my friends son, Michael ~they absolutely adored each other, I think if Michael could have stayed with Fitz for the whole cruise he would have!~. Fitz is my all time favorite person (with the exception of my dh and mm) on the Magic.

fitz.jpg

He was our server in 2002 and 2006 (in 2004 - we did not know that you could request your server ~ but we did manage to see him one night at the dessert buffet). We have requested him for our upcoming trip, but hear that he is a head server now... We shall see....

Fitz goes way above and beyond... in 2002, on our honeymoon, we were at a table with 4 other hm'ing couples. One of the 1st nights, we ordered some sort of cheese appetizer... when they came, nobody liked them - the cheese smelled like feet... Fitz explained that it was supposed to be like that and asked if we were expecting mozzarella sticks (if a funny, sarcastic sort of way)... we laughed and said yes then we all asked if the chef could make us some... he laughed and returned with our entrees.... Our first stop (St. Martin) was great and when we went to dinner that night we noticed a covered dish in the middle of the table that Fitz would not let us touch... After our meal, he opened it up for us and there were some mozzarella sticks... we do not know if he managed to get one of the chefs to make them or if he bought them on the island... This is just one example of how Fitz has made our cruises ever more wonderful experiences than they already would have been...

Fitz is now a head server on the Dream!!! We saw him in January & requested to be in his "dining section" for our trip in June. He is awesome & we all love him!!!

Our Server was Pavel from Poland and Mandy from Germany was the assistant. They were both very attentive and very nice.
NoahPavel.jpg

NoahMandy.jpg

Darline Daniel from England, head server on the Wonder:

226589_1944229856249_1557574668_1999521_7499485_n.jpg

(Not to be confused with Handsome Danile from England, F&B Officer on the Dream!)

We had Mihilo (Me-Hi-Low) from Serbia and Tita (Tee-Ta) from Hungary on our December 2010 Wonder cruise. They were awesome and we LOVED them! They said they were going to be on the Wonder on the west coast so if anyone has them give them a BIG hug for us!

Servers.jpg

We had Mihilo (Me-Hi-Low) from Serbia and Tita (Tee-Ta) from Hungary on our December 2010 Wonder cruise. They were awesome and we LOVED them! They said they were going to be on the Wonder on the west coast so if anyone has them give them a BIG hug for us!

Servers.jpg

When we crashed our friend's early dining table in January (2 day cruise), these were their servers and we fell in love! On the repo/1st Alaska Mihilo stopped by our table to visit several times. :hug:

When we crashed our friend's early dining table in January (2 day cruise), these were their servers and we fell in love! On the repo/1st Alaska Mihilo stopped by our table to visit several times. :hug:

We miss them! :sad1: They were great! Too bad they didn't move to the Dream :sad1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter