Positive thoughts please-ups and downs p.42

Aw, Kim, that's wonderful news! I've been following along, feeling your confusion and fears, as I've been there also. Two years ago DH had a medical situation (infected surgical site) that necessitated 2 weeks on antibiotics, a week in the hospital with 3 surgeries, and then 6 weeks in a nursing facility on IV antibiotics, bedridden, followed by 2 months of outpatient rehab and 18 months of oral antibiotics. The doctors were very clear that there was a strong chance he could lose his leg, and maybe his life. Well, he still has both, hahaha, but I've been reading your thread and remembering what it's like to go through this. I am SO glad that Richard's back pay is coming through, his job is secure, he's improving, and will be home soon! Happy belated birthday, and happy Valentine's Day!!

Happy Belated birthday, Kim.......I missed the birthday. Was on a cruise.
So glad to come back and read all the good news. What wonderful news.
Valentine's Day will be great!!

Well, it doesn’t look like he’ll be home for Valentines Day. His left foot is inflamed and warmer to the touch so they think he has a new infection. He’s back on oral antibiotics until they figure it out. Two steps forward, one step back but still making progress.

For the past week or so he’s been saying he had a surprise for me when I came up. Today, when I went to see him the curtains were drawn around his bed. I asked if I could come in and he said just a second. Then, he stood up and walked to the curtain and opened it!!!! He can now use a walker independently. We hugged for about five minutes, just feeding off each other. I missed his hug so much. He’s a foot taller than me so I fit just nicely under his chin and he’s got super long arms so they wrap all the way around me. I can feel that he’s lost a lot of weight but oh man, he felt so good.

He won’t be home for his birthday so I’m arranging a party in the cafeteria for him with all my family.

And, last thing but tied for the best news of the day..Grace will be here in a few hours for a whole 10 days. I can’t stop smiling. I can’t WAIT to see her.

Guys, today’s a good day. I hope everyone else is having a good day and I’m truly sorry if you aren’t.

Last edited:
I am so sorry that he isn't coming home quite yet. I am glad though that Grace will be there soon, enjoy your time with her!!!!

Well, it doesn’t look like he’ll be home for Valentines Day. His left foot is inflamed and warmer to the touch so they think he has a new infection. He’s back on oral antibiotics until they figure it out. Two steps forward, one step back but still making progress.

For the past week or so he’s been saying he had a surprise for me when I came up. Today, when I went to see him the curtains were drawn around his bed. I asked if I could come in and he said just a second. Then, he stood up and walked to the curtain and opened it!!!! He can now use a walker independently. We hugged for about five minutes, just feeding off each other. I missed his hug so much. He’s a foot taller than me so I fit just nicely under his chin and he’s got super long arms so they wrap all the way around me. I can feel that he’s lost a lot of weight but oh man, he felt so good.

He won’t be home for his birthday so I’m arranging a party in the cafeteria for him with all my family.

And, last thing but tied for the best news of the day..Grace will be here in a few hours for a whole 10 days. I can’t stop smiling. I can’t WAIT to see her.

Guys, today’s a good day. I hope everyone else is having a good day and I’m truly sorry if you aren’t.
party:

Richard is improving!!
He will beat the infection quickly

Grace is back home to visit you

Sounds like a great day for you Kimberly
Woot !

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter