Poseidon’s Fury Closing Permanently May 9, 2023

I'm surprised Poseidon's Fury only just closed. Always seemed a bit dated. Don't think I' ve been in that attraction in years.

I don't think this is a coincidence that this happened after the Mario Brothers Movie smashed records at the box office. I'd bet almost anything waiting in the wings based on Nintendo is getting a go ahead after that. (It's not necessarily Zelda for this area, but it seems like the most likely rumor since some of the patents suggest they already have plans for it)

Last edited:
I don't think this is a coincidence that this happened after the Mario Brothers Movie smashed records at the box office. I'd bet almost anything waiting in the wings based on Nintendo is getting a go ahead after that. (It's not necessarily Zelda for this area, but it seems like the most likely rumor since some of the patents suggest they already have plans for it)
I would love love love a Zelda temple or anything Zelda themed.

If I had to guess, It will either be Nintendo/Zelda or more Harry Potter. The Epic park is going to be big Nintendo anyway and we're two years away from that opening v. 2 years to refurb Poseidon. They could go either way with this.

I can hear it now… beautiful Ocarina of Time music! Lol this is coming from someone who has Zelda Fairy’s Fountain as my ringtone and Zelda Secret Item as my text tone. 🤓🤪
The 'Yahaha' Korok sound was my text tone for my sister for the longest time.

I'm surprised Poseidon's Fury only just closed. Always seemed a bit dated. Don't think I' ve been in that attraction in years.
Yeah - the last time I did that I think the AP Power Pass was $89

The fountain is fun though and there is decent food in this area so that might be missed - but they needed to do something here for quite a while.

Will you all just FORGET about Zelda coming to IOA?! Clearly, Universal would rather have Nintendo properties at Epic Universe. The whole Zelda rumor is a stupid one. They wouldn’t even bother to replace their #1 rated restaurant (Mythos).

Will you all just FORGET about Zelda coming to IOA?! Clearly, Universal would rather have Nintendo properties at Epic Universe. The whole Zelda rumor is a stupid one. They wouldn’t even bother to replace their #1 rated restaurant (Mythos).
Why do you think they would limit Nintendo to only one park. It is almost guaranteed to be added into all three like they are doing with Harry Potter. This makes guests that are only interested in seeing Nintendo have to visit multiple parks and extend their trip, or at least put out more money on park to park tickets.

Yea given that PF has been closed more than open the past few years, this won't really make a huge difference for that area. So while it will basically be an empty land for real now, it doesn't really change much so I don't think they will feel the pressure to rush anything. However, Universal does seem to keep steady progress going and tries to have new stuff every year, and has shown than can get construction done quickly too when needed. With the Minons this year, revamped Kidzone next year, and Epic Universe in 2025, I could see a new land replacing Lost Continent in 2026 or possibly 27. This would give them 3-4 years to construct it which is ample time for Universal. Jaws closed in January 2012 and Diagon Alley announced soon after and opened July 2014. So 2.5 years to change Amity Island area into Diagon Alley would allow similar timeline for Universal to change Lost Continent into a new land for 2026.
Epic universe is apparently ahead of schedule and could be ready for December 2024 they won't be able to open fully until all the road improvements are finished, so more likely to be very early in 2025. Zelda will be there big project for islands to open end of 2025.
I expect around this time next year that the Simpsons will close and that area will become Pokémon opening summer 2026. Giving all 3 parks Nintendo lands within space of 18months

Epic universe is apparently ahead of schedule and could be ready for December 2024 they won't be able to open fully until all the road improvements are finished, so more likely to be very early in 2025. Zelda will be there big project for islands to open end of 2025.
I expect around this time next year that the Simpsons will close and that area will become Pokémon opening summer 2026. Giving all 3 parks Nintendo lands within space of 18months
Noo not the simpsons area! It's so fun!

Surprised they spent the money to update it recently. Really thought this would have been closed down shortly after Sinbad closed. The real question, is what is going to go into this space, then entire land and what happens to Mythos?

Noo not the simpsons area! It's so fun!
Unless Disney decides to withdraw their ownership of 20th Century (which would involve dividing Disney's film and TV unit in order to sell off 20th and its related units).😋 In fact, if Disney does end up selling their Hulu stake (and that's very slowly becoming a reality), then they would've bought TCS for nothing. It wouldn't even make sense for them to buy said studio just to gain more money from licensing content, which is the new strategy they announced.

Last edited:
Surprised they spent the money to update it recently. Really thought this would have been closed down shortly after Sinbad closed. The real question, is what is going to go into this space, then entire land and what happens to Mythos?
So did they actually do anything while it was shut down for refurbishment?
Maybe they did prep work and planning with it closed and some light cleaning to get it ready for the busy season.
Its not popular but it is something to keep first timers busy for an hour during spring break etc..

My understanding is that the Universal's license for The Simpsons is about to expire, which is why there is speculation the Simpsons area may be transformed into something else. The question for Universal is if they want to keep paying money to Disney to use The Simpsons. Universal may decide there is IP they already own that might make a great themed land/area. I'm not totally sure what that would be, but there are plenty of options.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter