PORTOFINO BAY HOTEL Information

Agree with idlewoman1, my one big complaint was that there was no where to get a snack when you get back from the park. Parks closed at 10 and Gelateria closed at 10. How many time can you eat pizza?

Question:

We had a wonderful time on our last trip in July and I wanted to write a letter telling someone how wonderful Pat at the front desk treated us. Who should I send that letter to?

I'm sorry a letter should go to:

Paul Leclerc, General Manager
The Portofino Bay Hotel
5601 Universal Blvd
Orlando, FL 32819-7888
407-503-1000

Motherfletcher- If you could change/add anything to PBH club what would it be? I'm curious to see what your ideas are.

I would like the Club on the same floor as the room. I need some place to show off my silk One Fish, Two Fish pajamas. A common complaint is how far you have walk to get to the club.
I would change the nightly offering to include something hot that kids would eat like little corn dogs, hot dogs or mac and cheese. Maybe oatmeal in the morning. An ice cream social at night would be nice.
The sodas and water should be in large tubs on ice.
I would keep the club open until midnight since after the pool closes there isn't much to do at PBH. A 24 hour Apu's Kwik E Mart would make a killing!
I would spring for a separate buffet table so you could play pool anytime. Using the pool table for food reminds me of the Beverly Hillbillies.

I am rolling on the floor laughing because I also have the one fish, two fish pj's! Yes, kids offerings would be nice. I also hated the pool table thing. The tepid water is to keep you from taking them to the parks I was told. Fooled them we asked for cups of ice at the counters. Kwik e mart! Too funny!:p

It's a good thing we weren't there at the same time. They would have kicked us and all 4 fishes out!

I most certainly agree! I think having real cool themed pj's is so much fun and puts you in vacation mode. Wacko as it may seem to the concierge when you show up at dawn dressed in them.:crazy:

I'm leaving for PBH Aug. 17-20, anything I need to know? We are staying Club level with a 4 and 7 year old. I booked the hotel for my interests and relaxation, as we are staying 7 nights at the Swan in WDW right before that. Reading the posts make me a little nervous...

Housekeeping? Length of walk? Offerings? Restaurants? What is making you the most anxious?

I guess I am wondering if my children are going to enjoy themselves at the PBH after having the Disney treatment for 7 days. Are there things to do after 7 pm? How long does it take a family to get from their room (let's assume club level) to US and IOA if we take the water taxi. Or is the bus faster?
I know my DH and myself will enjoy it but my concern iswill my kids enjoy themselves?

thanks!

It takes about 15 min. to go to the parks if the water taxi is there. We only waited 10 minutes at the most when it wasn't. As for the kids- 1 pool is open until 10 unless a storm approaches. The gameroom is another option. The pool table is used for some breakfast items so around 8 the kids had to stop playing. You can borrow some movies in club lounge for the room and sometimes if the tv in the club lounge isn't being used you can put it on there for them. You can also go over to Citiwalk. there is a nice theater there. The parks at night are always an option too!

Thanks for the info. I'm thinking that after seven days of disney, we may like the more quiet evenings at pbh!

Does the Portofino have dive in movie nights like HRH does.
Also do they have cabana's and how many??
I have read this thread and it seems that I may be better off staying at the Portofino instead of HRH as there have been many unhappy guest over at HRH.
Someone please help

How would you rate the Kid's Suites at PBH? I am staying there three nights after Disney and was wondering where they were located and what ammenities they have in them.

When we were there in July PBH had dive-in movies on Saturday nights. Spiderman and Independence Day. There are also 16 cabanas all around the quiet pool which is the villa pool. They are all the same and location doesn't matter. There were never booked completely even though we were there at one of the busiest times. The cabanas are not themed and are as follows:
regular(just the cabana,chairs, 2 lounges, table, tent)
deluxe which runs about $20 more for the tv, fruit basket, and 6 sodas of your choice or water). You can call the hotel directly and ask for the pool area and reserve ahead. Any other questions ask away!

Originally posted by ellieb
Does the Portofino have dive in movie nights like HRH does.
Also do they have cabana's and how many??
I have read this thread and it seems that I may be better off staying at the Portofino instead of HRH as there have been many unhappy guest over at HRH.
Someone please help

Right before we went to PBH in July there was quite a few posts complaining about PBH (Club, housekeepnig, cost, service, distance from room to elevator, etc.).
We stayed the course and went to PBH and had a good trip. We left as the disneymom was arriving and we both had a good stay. I'm going to HRH in Dec. and again in Jan. and I don't anticipate any problems. If someone is treated unjustly they are more likely to post (vent) than if they had a good trip. I don't think its likely you can go wrong (or be wronged at either hotel). I do know that we have stayed at all 3 resorts several times and HRH still gets my kids' (11&16) vote as the best.:rockband: Rock On!

Motherfletcher- I consider you a valuable asset to these boards!!! Thank you so much for your knowledge and advise. I will stick with my HRH ressies and let you know when I get back in April how things went. Im sure it will all be fine as I seem to be always happy no matter where I am, when I am on vaca!!!!

Housekeeping aside-good stay is putting it mildly. I agree you will have a fabulous time. We surely did! Although, meeting Motherfletcher would have been the icing on the cake! He is just too funny.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter