PORTOFINO BAY HOTEL Information

Originally posted by raider93
How would you rate the Kid's Suites at PBH? I am staying there three nights after Disney and was wondering where they were located and what ammenities they have in them.

The last two times we have stayed at PBH we were upgraded to kids suites. I don't like these as much as the executive suites. They only have one bathroom. But I'm certainly not going to complain when it's a free upgrade!
They are standard king bed rooms with another room that has two twin beds in it and a closet. A very empty room. The king room also has a twin pull out chair. I have had one in the East wing near the quiet pool with a balcony and the other one was right near the boat dock on the first floor.

Are they all located in the villa wing or are some in the west wing?

We were upgraded to a Deluxe with Parlor, and it was lovely!!

The only hiccup we had was when our bills were dropped off. We had one bill for the bedroom and one bill for the parlor. I had to go down to the desk to get it straightened out.

I was a Loew's Blue at the time, now I'm a Platinum and haven't been able to get upgraded since. :(

Just looking over some of these posts about PBH and I am getting worried! It does sound big and what is this about a pool table used for serving the food?!? Do they allow us to bring food back to our room from the lounge?
We let our HRH resv. go so we could try PBH. We have stayed at RP and 3 times at HRH and LOVED them both....Just hope that things workout at PBH. ;)

You can take food back to the room but most don't since the room is on a different floor. My kids bought me a Simpson's TV tray for Dad's Day so I could go fetch them mass quantities of cookies (like that was going to happen). We took sodas every time we walked by and actually left with quite a stash. They cover the pool table and put the breakfast fruit on it in the morning and they cover it for the evening offering. If you plan to shoot stick you need to bring your own chalk.

And probably your own table too! lol All kidding aside you will have a wonderful time. Don't let our little jokes frighten you. Motherfletcher and I can be quite wicked at times.

Help! We have reservations at Disney Boardwalk Inn concierge floor 12-15 for a week. We have always stayed at Disney resorts in the past and have NEVER stepped foot on Universal. But, this trip the kids are older (13 and 10 but we have a 3 year old too) and we are spending days at Universal. Happened across info about PBH and it looks wonderful too. I can get club rooms at PBH for about $250 on Expedia for the same time. That's a savings of over $200 PER night versus BWI and Disney. Plus, I was attracted to the benefit of getting to go to the front of the line at Universal if staying at the resort. I would appreciate any thoughts or comments from all of you experienced Disney/Universal folks!

Thanks

You will have a woderful time front of the line is everything and it is such a beautiful hotel.

Has anyone stayed at this property while visiting Disney ? I was wondering what the drive was like. I'm familiar with the area but my daily drive there was 15 years ago and I haven't returned since '96. This hotel looks great with rates that are leaving me with nearly $1500 in my pocket on a Bay room Vs a lagoon view at the GF. Planning on May 4-10.

We were lucky enough to stay there for 10 days last summer-five of which were spent at Disney. The ride was about 20-30 minutes early in the morning. You will love it here!

Thanx, My AAA agent was able to pull up rates that were much better for Disney than I could get directly from the Disney Web site. They look like even better deals for us after the 2 nd. I'm still really thinking about just staying at the Portofino this time instead of Disney because its rated so high. On the Leows web site they have a 25% room discount on 5 nights or more and that makes a very attractive rate although we only want to spend 1 day at Universal and 4 at Disney. Toying with the possability of a few days at the AKL but I really prefer not to move hotels once we get settled.

I would stay the entire time at Portofino. It is a truly awesome resort. I would also do the UO parks first, because you may then change your mind and do 2-3 days of UO and less at WDW. Overall, IMHO, the attractions at UO are better than the comparable ones at WDW, and lend themselves to second and third visits more than the mouse's. The prime example in my mind is MIB versus Buzz Lightyear. MIB is, by far, the better attraction. Plus, the automatic Express access of your hotel key card will spoil you and you may not want to stand on the lines at WDW.

We did the opposite. We went to all the Disney parks first so we could be spoiled by front of the line at Universal last. This way we could break in the afternoon by the pool after arriving early at the parks(just like Motherfletcher does), and later in the evenings go back just to walk around, eat at Citiwalk, or do some more rides. This year we are planning hotel hopping at Disney but saving our last four days for Portofino. Although, it may spoil me so badly I may never go home. :cloud9:

Hello! We will be staying at the PBH for 3 nights this month (Feb 22 thru 25). We got the double room with the Club Lounge. They said our room overlooks the bay. We are not sure what the double room is and we were wondering about the Club Lounge. We wondering about the beer and wine. Do they let you bring that back to your room and is it self serve or do we have to tip a bartender?

Club lounge had food and wine and beer that is self serve and you can take it anywhere, but the lounge is so pretty that you may like to stay there. You do not have to tip concierge. As for the double room-I'm thinking 2 double beds rather than 1 king. Bay view is beautiful and close to the boatdock.

It opens at 7 with a delicious assortment of danish, croissants, friut, juice, coffeee, tea, and bottled water. Soda and the other beverages are offered throughout the day. My favorite was making an iced coffee for the pool. Around 10;30 is 2 kinds of smoothies and granola bars. Three o'clock is mini biscotti, tiramisu squares and mini cannolis. Five o'clock is assorted cheeses crackers, roasted veggies, 2 wines and beer. Nine PM is the cookie tray- large choc chip, white choc macadaia, oatmeal and a few chocoltes(be prompt if you want the offerings). I think it closes at 10. There are 2 computers, a tv, movies, books and cds to borrow. Also, a pool table some hours(it is used for breakfast so they set it up after dinner). They can make your dinner ressies or help you with tickets etc. My advice is to get friendly with them and you will really enjoy the club lounge-my kids still talk of the staff and the fun they had conversing with them.

Just wondering how folks book? Universal Website? Web travel (orbitz, expedia,...). Call PBH directly? I need to book and want to make sure I get the best rate possible.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter