PORTOFINO BAY HOTEL INFO...FAQ`s and more.......

I thought we are set with our decision to stay at RPR...but now I read more about Portofino...

Are there any King Club Rooms? I checked several dates and there is only Club Queen Rooms

There are king club rooms so they must be all booked for your days if you're not seeing availability. I had the opposite problem when I was trying to book a queen club, but only king was available.

Is anyone staying or has stayed at Universal Portofino lately? We are headed there in a few weeks and noticed that the Portifono hotel prices are quite low so I am wondering what the catch is? Are there issues with rooms or lots of closures? Usually Royal Pacific is where we stay but the rate for AP Portifono is quite lower and that’s not typical so considering staying there, but wondering if there is low demand because of something I don’t know about......seems “too good” of a deal

Is anyone staying or has stayed at Universal Portofino lately? We are headed there in a few weeks and noticed that the Portifono hotel prices are quite low so I am wondering what the catch is? Are there issues with rooms or lots of closures? Usually Royal Pacific is where we stay but the rate for AP Portifono is quite lower and that’s not typical so considering staying there, but wondering if there is low demand because of something I don’t know about......seems “too good” of a deal

When I’ve seen this happen, usually either the AP rate is no longer available at the RP and you’re seeing the next available rate, or the Standard/Water AP rates are sold out and only Club and above are available.

When I’ve seen this happen, usually either the AP rate is no longer available at the RP and you’re seeing the next available rate, or the Standard/Water AP rates are sold out and only Club and above are available.
I mean the rate is lower than it usually is for Portifono. I’m familiar with the ranges of high and low season AP rates as we have been for years but I have never seen Portifono AP rates dip below 200$ for a standard while RP is at AP 303$ for a standard room, which is what I am seeing on our dates

Portofino has the most rooms of the Express Pass resorts if I remember correctly so I am sure it is part of it. Reviews since they opened back up in December have not been favorable in general also but you'd think they will be up and running well at this point.

Hard Rock always seems the hardest one to get as the proximity to the Parks plays a huge part of the demand for it.

We were there for President's Day weekend and it was great (Bay view right next to the ferry). I don't think there is any more renovation construction, so I'm not sure what the catch would be. Might be worth calling the hotel to see if they can tell you...

The reason I booked this room was because last time I stayed here I was blown away by the bathroom. Guess it’s been too long or I’ve become used to Deluxe Disney resorts or Villas. This is a value resort in terms of comfort and convenience.I would have much rather stayed at RPR.
Thanks for your posts, so far you have the only bath pix of a deluxe I can find.

I just went and looked at the website. Is this area where the tub used to be just a closed-in space now? View attachment 543384
They just closed up this space? Wdw at least has wet bars facing the rooms in some of the Gf main building rooms.

At 1st I was excited to find the club level room is a deluxe but why do the std rooms have a bigger bath? They cut out square footage, isn’t that deceptive ?🤔 Lol I didn’t stay in the room before so I’m sure I’ll be happy with a newly refurbed room anyways😄

They just closed up this space? Wdw at least has wet bars facing the rooms in some of the Gf main building rooms.

At 1st I was excited to find the club level room is a deluxe but why do the std rooms have a bigger bath? They cut out square footage, isn’t that deceptive ?🤔 Lol I didn’t stay in the room before so I’m sure I’ll be happy with a newly refurbed room anyways😄

They must have only done a certain amount this way, or have not completed them all, ours was still the same layout with bath and opening to the room, separate shower, looked to be the same in bathroom as before, the room itself was redone. This was our experience in January anyway, we’ll see what we get next month and in October?

They must have only done a certain amount this way, or have not completed them all, ours was still the same layout with bath and opening to the room, separate shower, looked to be the same in bathroom as before, the room itself was redone. This was our experience in January anyway, we’ll see what we get next month and in October?
I actually thought of that. I know sometimes end of the hall rooms can be slightly different.

If going back get some pix?

Thx !

If anyone has recent pictures of the Deluxe Rooms, it would be really appreciated since there seems to be some variance in the new bathrooms.

If anyone has recent pictures of the Deluxe Rooms, it would be really appreciated since there seems to be some variance in the new bathrooms.
I googled "loews portofino bay club level", then I selected "videos". 1/2 down the page an agency did a review just 3 days ago.

This bath had a toilet ROOM, and where tub used to be the shutters are gone and it is a standing glass shower. The tour guide mentions there are OTHER configurations as well, some have the tub/shower combo .

Last edited:
I googled "loews portofino bay club level", then I selected "videos". 1/2 down the page an agency did a review just 3 days ago.

This bath had a toilet ROOM, and where tub used to be the shutters are gone and it is a standing glass shower. The tour guide mentions there are OTHER configurations as well, some have the tub/shower combo .

Here is the link...

That is definitely a different bathroom!

Reposted from page 1 . Why? Because I looked at a few a times and never scrolled down far enough to see a 2nd page, it’s nice to see where everything is, including the Club Lounge,

Hope it helps you too.
C791223A-81EB-4A76-8B6D-43D2B5FB94FF.png

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter