PORTOFINO BAY HOTEL INFO...FAQ`s and more.......

I changed my December room from Hard Rock to Portofino so fast! I did want to see what Hard Rock is all about, buuut we love Portofino too much <3

Did the same over the weekend. Do want to stay at RP, but just when it is hubby and I. 4 women need that big Portofino bathroom.

I noticed some of the links in the first post are broken now so this might be new.

I haven't been through all 50 pages of the PBH thread, but I've never seen the 2nd page of the official map in the links below. Thought it might interest some. (the links are directly from their FB page)

New "what's available" website:
https://dag-lpbh.constantcontactsit...kj9pwkRK9dhuljaONBp5jHrTq7o_S7gCtmpKW19M4H0wk
New (to me) resort map:
https://files.constantcontact.com/0a7718b0101/6a9326bf-7a87-4dd0-a167-0750883711c2.pdf

I noticed some of the links in the first post are broken now so this might be new.

I haven't been through all 50 pages of the PBH thread, but I've never seen the 2nd page of the official map in the links below. Thought it might interest some. (the links are directly from their FB page)

New "what's available" website:
https://dag-lpbh.constantcontactsit...kj9pwkRK9dhuljaONBp5jHrTq7o_S7gCtmpKW19M4H0wk
New (to me) resort map:
https://files.constantcontact.com/0a7718b0101/6a9326bf-7a87-4dd0-a167-0750883711c2.pdf

Yes, we were waiting for the hotel opening back up before we updated the links with the new ones we knew were coming up on the site.

But, thanks for posting and the links will all be updated in the next few days.

I hadn’t seen the new resort map either, so that’ll definitely be added to the links in the first page......:thumbsup2

I checked in today and am not happy. I booked a 2 queen Deluxe room and it’s no longer Deluxe. The bathroom has no separate tub and shower as it used to be and there is nothing deluxe about the location of this room. 2730. Thought I was in the wrong room at first and walked all the way back to the lobby to find out this is the new Deluxe room. The floor plans and description are not accurate. Front desk has nothing to offer even though it’s their mistake.

Attachments

• 65D01858-430A-4875-A240-061AEBE81073.jpeg
    65D01858-430A-4875-A240-061AEBE81073.jpeg
    51.3 KB · Views: 154
  • 130C359A-AB7A-45E0-93DF-361047FB5B4C.jpeg
    130C359A-AB7A-45E0-93DF-361047FB5B4C.jpeg
    54.4 KB · Views: 150
Last edited:
Water slide is also not working

**ETA**

It has opened

Last edited:
I checked in today and am not happy. I booked a 2 queen Deluxe room and it’s no longer Deluxe. The bathroom has no separate tub and shower as it used to be and there is nothing deluxe about the location of this room. 2730. Thought I was in the wrong room at first and walked all the way back to the lobby to find out this is the new Deluxe room. The floor plans and description are not accurate. Front desk has nothing to offer even though it’s their mistake.

As a family of shower only people... I'd take that shower any day over the tiny corner shower that used to be in the deluxe rooms. I always thought it was such a missed opportunity to have such a huge bathroom and not have a large walk-in shower.

That said, if I had members of my party that required a tub (as the room advertised), I'd be asking for a different room.

As for location, I always thought all of the Deluxe rooms were in the Villas wing. All the maps I've seen only have numbers going up to 2693 though. What area is 2730 in?

I'm confused. Is there not a bathtub in the room? Does it have the shutters that open between the bathroom and bedroom. I thought that was how you could tell if it's a deluxe room?

I'm confused. Is there not a bathtub in the room? Does it have the shutters that open between the bathroom and bedroom. I thought that was how you could tell if it's a deluxe room?

This is the saddest “Deluxe” room I’ve ever seen. This property is not ready to be open.

There’s no window or anything to distinguish it’s a Deluxe room. I had to drag by bags down the hall twice.

The reason I booked this room was because last time I stayed here I was blown away by the bathroom. Guess it’s been too long or I’ve become used to Deluxe Disney resorts or Villas. This is a value resort in terms of comfort and convenience.I would have much rather stayed at RPR.

I remember back in the aughts thinking RPR was my favorite of the three too..but can't quite remember why. But we haven't been to Universal in over 10+ years and we need space for 9 adults (or adultish) so we are springing for PBH. I hope they get all the issues worked out before January. It's odd to think we will have a 2 bedroom suite without a bathtub though. Lots of $ for no bathtub🤷🏻‍♀️

Do they offer a connecting double room?
When I called the main reservation line, before the reopening so it wasn't the direct number to the hotel, the agent told me the only connected double rooms were those associated with the presidential suite.

Sal's no longer offers white sauce pizza :( in case you have a trip coming up and were looking forward to that...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter